Strategy / Combos thread

jgreenwo

I'm going to start this thread where we can post good combos and fighting strategy for all the characters. Let us know if you develop any good fighting skills that you would like to share.

KEY:
XBOX = Button 1(X), Button 2(Y), Button 3(A), Button 4(B)
PS2 = Button 1(Square), Button 2(Triangle), Button 3(X), Button 4(Circle)
CS = Change style, or L1
"..." in the combo string stands for a juggle.

Scorpion
Hapkido: Spear,2,2,3,CS,3,CS, Hellfire
9 hits, 35% damage

Here's a few more I have come up with so far:

Ashrah
10 hits, 31%
Chou Jaio
2,2,1,CS,3,F+3,...,U+4,...,1,3,CS

Kobra
10 hits, 39%
Shorin Ryu
2,1,1,4,...,F+2,...,2,1,1,3,3

Li Mei
10 hits, 21 %
Lui He Ba Fa
1,1,2,4,CS,...,F+1,...,1,2,2,CS

Shujinko
8 hits, 36%
Mantis
1,1,1,CS,2,4,CS,1

Sindel
14 hits, 32%
Fu Jow Pai
1,1,1,3,CS,4,1,...,U+1,...,CS,CS,1,1,1,3,CS,4,3

This is the best combo ive found, but its done different amounts of damage to different people, the most damage it did was 50% against Onaga, after crushing a kamidogu

Jade
Fan Zi: 2,2,1,CS,4,CS, 4 or 2 until it stops hitting
7 - 9 hits
30% - 50% damage

Bojutsu: 2, 1, U+3.....2, 1, 3
6 hits
40% damage

I may not be the best player out there, but I found a combo for Noob Saibot and Smoke that's passable at best.

Start as Smoke:
U+4, 1,2,4,CS, 1 (6 hit, 37% damage)

Start as Noob:
U+2, U+2, 2, 1, 1, CS (6 hit, 34% damage)

This is a pretty easy combo that does much damage!

Liu Kang
8 Hits, 39%
Pao Chui
4,1,1,U+2,...,4,1,1,B+1

This one's a little harder, but it takes almost half the life meter.

Raiden
12 Hits, 45%
Nan Chuan
1,1,2,CS,1,3,4,...,1,1,3,CS,4,3

Shujinko has some nice ones, just got a 53% combo off with him.

1, 1, 2, B+2...1, 1, 1, CS, 2, 4, CS, B+1

Timing is kinda rough to get down, but it can also be turned into a 14 hit combo if you start with a Juggle out of Mantis, Either B+2 or U+4 then chunk a spear, or if you want to just get another cheap hit in, freeze them then spear them.

Sad thing is, if you pop them up first, the damage goes down, so it's just for show. Finishes nice though when on a board with a Stage Fatality, knocks them straight off before they know what happened lol

KillKano! said:
Sad thing is, if you pop them up first, the damage goes down, so it's just for show. Finishes nice though when on a board with a Stage Fatality, knocks them straight off before they know what happened lol

I have also noticed that if you use a pop-up combo first, then the rest of the combo doesn't do much damage. Sometimes, it is better to just keep them on the ground because the combo will do more damage there, unless you can find a combo that keeps them in the air long enough with enough hits to take off enough damage.

Another thing that I've noticed is that if you've got your opponent pinned up against a wall, you can only get about 10 hits before they fall to the ground, end of combo. You have to have them out in the open to get the mega hit combos to work. At least that is what I've experienced so far.

Yet another thing that I've found is that if you do a combo that ends in a pop-up, or juggle, you can only do two of those before it pushes you away and lets your opponent fall to the ground. You can, however, do combo that ends in a juggle, then a single hit juggle, then another combo that ends in a juggle. You cannot do a juggle combo, juggle combo, juggle combo. I hope that makes sense.

this may be pure bullshit, but some fellow online told me there was a 83%+ kombo for shujinko. haven't figured out what it could be yet, but trying.

got a 41 % with some variation of the combo in the other guys post b}t that's it.

ADullBoy said:
this may be pure bullshit, but some fellow online told me there was a 83%+ kombo for shujinko. haven't figured out what it could be yet, but trying.

got a 41 % with some variation of the combo in the other guys post but that's it.

I'd suspect that to be pure bullshit. Even if it was difficult to pull off, an 83% combo would be a gamebreaker.

jgreenwo said:
Sindel
14 hits, 32%
Fu Jow Pai

I'm getting lost at the 2 consecutive change stances there. Could you elaborate a little more on this?

DAIROU easy combo
ZHA CHUAN
5 hit 41%
B+2........1,1,F+3
funny thing is a 6 hit in this will make the % less.

Xlr8 said:
jgreenwo said:
Sindel
14 hits, 32%
Fu Jow Pai

I'm getting lost at the 2 consecutive change stances there. Could you elaborate a little more on this?

Sure. Just start in Fu Jow Pai stance. Do the first combo string, which is 1,1,1,3,CS,4,1. That will pop them up in the air. Next hit them with the U+1 move. This will launch them up the air high enough to give you time to CS twice back to Fu Jow Pai before they land. So, before they hit the ground, and you are back in Fu Jow Pai after doing the CS, CS, finish them off with 1,1,1,3,CS,4,3.

Halykon said:
ADullBoy said:

got a 41 % with some variation of the combo in the other guys post but that's it.

I'd suspect that to be pure bullshit. Even if it was difficult to pull off, an 83% combo would be a gamebreaker.

I doubt the individual is bull shitting, it wouldn't suprise me that there is an 83% combo or an infinite combo in the game. Mortal Kombat is not known for it's finesse, and I have not yet seen a "damage limit" system like they had in Mortal Kombat 4. Now, the combo would in no way be simple or easy to pull off. Such "game breaking combos," which if any of you have played MvsC2 are very aware of, are quite difficult and take months of game time to perfect.

Halykon said:
I may not be the best player out there, but I found a combo for Noob Saibot and Smoke that's passable at best.

Start as Smoke:
U+4, 1,2,4,CS, 1 (6 hit, 37% damage)

Start as Noob:
U+2, U+2, 2, 1, 1, CS (6 hit, 34% damage)

starting smokes combo with a smokey uppercut(instead of U+4) is also a 37% combo.

had to edit this post
add a dark assassin after the smokey upercut then continue the combo for a 7 hit 46%! sweet

Li Mei "old school combo"
carnival spin , flipping heel kick , flying furry,
8 hits 38% damage. sometimes its hard to get the full 8 hits.
sometimes you can also mess up and give it another punch before you do the flying furry for a 9 hit 42%

Few more decent combos

Scorpion

Starting in Hapkido

Spear, 2, 3, U+4...2, 2, CS, 1, 3, 3, CS

12 hits 39%

Ermac

These might be considered cheap because they all end the same way, but it's the best I could come up with for him...Hopefully someone has some better ones they could pass along.

Starting in Hua Chuan

2, B+1...CS, B+2...Telekenetic Body-Slam...Telekenetic Throw

6 hits 32%

Starting in Choy Lee Fut

1, 1, B+2...B+2...Telekenetic Body-Slam...Telekenetic Throw

7 hits 32%

Starting in Axe

U+2...D+2...Telekenetic Body-Slam...Telekenetic Throw

5 hits 35%

Reptile

Start in Kajukenbo- 46%
1,1,CS, 3, 4, 4,CS, 1, 1, 2, UP + 2, 3, 3

Start in Zendo- 35%
> + 2, 3, 3, CS, 2, 4, DOWN + 4... UP + 2, 3, 3

Fujin

Start in White Crane- 51%
2, 3, 3, 4, CS 2, > + 2, CS, 4, 4, 2, 1, ^ + 1, Down-Back + 4 (tornado spin)