Strategy / Combos thread

ADullBoy said:
here it is

http://www.konqrr.com/vids/Combos

look for: MKD_Combo_Shujinko_87.wmv

IF you just want the button combination. Here it is.

Start in Dan Tien Dao, must have li meis flip kick and ermacs body slam
D+2, D+B+3, CS(doesn't hit), B+D+B+4, D+B+3, D+B+3, 1, 1, 1, CS, 4, 4, CS.

17 hits 87% Damage (you may be able to throw in Scorpions Bloody Spear to start this one off, but I'm not sure how it would affect the final count)

w00t..those shujinko combo videos look amazing *droooolllls..*

Thank you for tha link :D

The noob smoke combo is my favorite. Holy shit, I didn't know that many with those guys was possible.

*Adds to his lethal repertoire of Noob Smoke attacks*

And, thanks ;)

okay some of these combos i found online and some i came up with...

Li Mei
40%-8 hit
in kunlun dao: U1, D,B4 F,F2

32%-5 hit (my fav combo w/ her)
in lue he ba fa: B1 D,B4 U1

36%-6 hit
in kunlun dao: U1 D,B4 2,B3

in MK:DA i absolutely hated Li Mei but they really improved on her this time around. sadly she is by far not a high damage charater but the good news is she can easily air juggle for a very decent amount of damage. stay in either lue he ba fa or kunlun dao stances. always go for the launchers or the carnival spin (F,D3), her regular ground combos don't do much damage at all. if you are having a hard time getting the launchers in go the throw.

Liu Kang
29%-5 hit (not much damage but it looks awesome)
in jun fan: 2,B1 2,3 D2

43-45%-12-13 hit
in jun fan: B1 1,1 1,1 D,F3

48%-7 hit
in jun fan: B1 1,1 CS+4,1,1B1

51%-7 hit
in jun fan: B1 1,1,3 CS+1,1,B1

51%-8 hit
in pao chui: 4,3,CS CS+1,1 CS+1,1,B1

54%-8 hit
in jun fan: B1 1,1 1,1 CS+1,1,B1

Liu Kang imo is the juggle king in this game. first off jun fan style rules, at first i hated it and thought "they just renamed jeet kune do". even though this is still true they made it better this time around. most advanced liu kang players are going to want to stay in jun fan most of the fight. most of the fight you will want to look for an openning to get a B1 (wich opens up most of his high damage combos), if that doesn't work mix up B3 and the throw. if you land the throw immediately shoot a low fireball to keep them on their feet. if B1 still doesn't work try going for 1,1,F2. there are many more variations of the combos i posted for liu kang and if you take liu kang to practice mode and try them out you'll be surprized how many air juggles he has.

Jade
42%-12 hit
in fan zi: 2,2,1,CS,4,CS,1,U3 2,1,U3

44%-11 hit
in fan zi: 2,2,CS CS CS 2,2,1,CS,4,CS,1,U3

48%-9 hit
in fan zi: 3 2,2,1,CS,4,CS,1,U3

49%-11 hit
in bojutsu: 2,1,U3 CS+2,2,1,CS,4,CS,1,U3

54-57%-10-9 hit (to do more damage you must miss the first hit of the combo)
in bojutsu: 2,3 CS+2,2,1CS,4,CS,1,U3

jade might just be the best character in the game. she is definitely top tier...easy air juggles, high damage, and good useful moves. she's the total package. her only downside is that she doesn't have the best teleport in the game!!

scorpion
34%-9 hit (this such a cool looking combo)
in hapkido: spear 2,3,U4 3 CS+D2

35%-10 hit
in hapkido: spear 2,3,U4 3 4,U4

38%-12 hit
in hapkido: spear 2,3,U4 3 2,2,CS,1,B1

44%-9 hit
in mugai ryu: spear F1 Cs+2,2,CS,1,3,3,CS D,B2

50%- 10 hit
in mugai ryu: spear F2 CS+3 2,2,CS,1,3,3,CS D,B2

scorpion MK:D has unbelievably downgraded in my opinion! he was so much better in MK:DA. he no longer has an infinite and his air juggles are really hard to time. he does moderate damage and is in no way a top tier character like he was in MK:DA. his best style obviously is once again hapkido. always try for a 2,3,U4 launcher in hapkido. his new teleport kick is useless .instead use his flip kick which has way better recovery time than most people think and if it is blocked throw the spear at them. once they catch on and start blocking after the flip kick summon hell fire on their ass! too bad they didn't keep scorpion as badass as he was in MK:DA. maybe in mk7?! that's all i have for now...sorry my post was so long!

Raiden 15 hit combo

Raiden

start in Nan Chuan

1, 1, 2, CS, 1, 3, CS, 4, 3, U+4, CS, 1, 1, 2, CS, 1, 2 - 15 hit/49%

the timing after U+4 is very hard to get right, but it does work, i've verified it a number of times. if i could capture it i would post a video, but i can't.

This is annoying... Im looking for specific characters' strategies. Im about to start a thread dedicated to say like, I play with so and so...... And everything, I mean EVERYTHING about that character and only that character would be talkes about in his/her thread.

I like Mileena any peaople out there play with her big time? :D

Abacus said:
This is annoying... Im looking for specific characters' strategies. Im about to start a thread dedicated to say like, I play with so and so...... And everything, I mean EVERYTHING about that character and only that character would be talkes about in his/her thread.

I like Mileena any peaople out there play with her big time? :D

if you have the game already then you already know she's not a very high damage character. on top of that she doesn't combo very well either. the highest damage combo i did w/ her was a 31% which is not much damage at all. but as far as strategy goes i find that the best thing to do is switch up between her specials (the teleport kick and the roll)and you're gonna want to throw ALOT. i got a flawless against the computer just by throwing over and over again. if it wasn't for her specials though, mileena would be one of the worst characters in the game.

i heard of an infinite w/ her but it didn't work when i tried it and personnally i think it was b.s. but if you want to try it, you be my guest:

in sai: B1 U2 roll roll roll .... ... etc

now i do know an infinite that does work w/ shujinko but i warn everyone about this infinite...it's not cool looking, it's not hard, it's not clever, all it is is cheap, very cheap and takes forever to actually kill the other guy. i don't use it. i would just rather do like a 70% combo instead!

to do the infinite you have to unlock the spear and deep freeze abilities.
first you freeze (you have to freeze first or it will not work) them, throw the spear, freeze, side step (this part is very important or the infinite will not work) throw the spear, and start over repeat until their dead or you get tired or bord or whatever...

Yep, heard of that "roll, roll, roll," infinite for Mil... It's def b/s. TRied for 30 min straight............... Thanks on em tips...

Hotaru

Ba-shan-fan:
2,1,CS(pop-up), 2,2,U+1
36%damage

2,1,CS(pop-up),2,2,CS
34%damage

Pi gua:
fireball, 2,2,U+1
33%damage

Kabal

Sun Bin
1,3 (pop-up), 1,1,2, CS
33%damage

after the pop up, take a step toward your opponent or you wont get all four hits of the second part of the combo.

Goju Ryo
1,2 (pop up),1,1,CS,1,B+1
35-40%damage

2(pop-up), 1,1,CS,1,4,CS
43%damage

Hookswords
B+2 (pop-up), 1,1,B+1
34%damage

2,1,4 (pop-up),1,1,B+1
36%damage

2,1,4 (pop-up),1,1,4,CS
34%damage

with tanya:

start in yue chaun : 1,1,2,1,1,2 6 hits 33%
start in yue chuan: 1,1,2, 3,3 5 hit 30%

they 're so esay and very strong
with kobra
sorin ryu: 3,4,4 4 hit 30%
shorin ryu :3, 1,1, up+3 twice 5 hit 31%

edenianwarrior said:
Reptile

Start in Kajukenbo- 46%
1,1,CS, 3, 4, 4,CS, 1, 1, 2, UP + 2, 3, 3

Start in Zendo- 35%
> + 2, 3, 3, CS, 2, 4, DOWN + 4... UP + 2, 3, 3

Fujin

Start in White Crane- 51%
2, 3, 3, 4, CS 2, > + 2, CS, 4, 4, 2, 1, ^ + 1, Down-Back + 4 (tornado spin)

REPTILE¿? there is a reptile in mortal kombat deception i though this was only deception i dont know but i dont think there is a combo of more then 60% and this is with jade doing the combo while the opponent in the air!!!!!!!!

bartmanraya said:
edenianwarrior said:
Reptile

Start in Kajukenbo- 46%
1,1,CS, 3, 4, 4,CS, 1, 1, 2, UP + 2, 3, 3

Start in Zendo- 35%
> + 2, 3, 3, CS, 2, 4, DOWN + 4... UP + 2, 3, 3

Fujin

Start in White Crane- 51%
2, 3, 3, 4, CS 2, > + 2, CS, 4, 4, 2, 1, ^ + 1, Down-Back + 4 (tornado spin)

REPTILE¿? there is a reptile in mortal kombat deception i though this was only deception i dont know but i dont think there is a combo of more then 60% and this is with jade doing the combo while the opponent in the air!!!!!!!!

Oh boy...kid, youre being lied to. No reptile, no fujin. you should read the entire thread before you jump to conclusions. And besides, wouldnt these "Super Unlockables" be listed in the stragety guide?

Dont believe everything you read on the internet.

Noob-Smoke

Start in Smoke - *Throw* ... *Smokey Uppercut* ^+4, *Dark Assassin* 1,2,4, CS, 1,1

9 Hits 30% Damage

Start in Smoke - *Throw*, CS, 2,4 .. >+2 .. 2,1,3

8 Hits 22% Damage

Start in Smoke - *Throw*, CS, 2,4 .. 4 .. 2,1,1, CS, 1

9 Hits, 22% Damage

as for me powerful combo must do more 30% dammage because combo whcih do between 20 and 30% are too many to be accepted!!! but it is only ny opinion!!

BARAKA
:shock: i try hard but the most i can do with Baraka is a 35% combo 6 hits : start in blades then do U+3,1,1,3,CS easy

the most hits a got is a 10 hit a 32% combo is
start with SILAT 1,1,3,CS,F,1,2,CS,3,2,1,1

all the combos in this thread help me so i felt like helping too sorry if this is dumb :oops: