Konquest in MKDA

Gerinych

Hi, I'm new here, so I may not know rules as much as you guys do... Let's get this over with.
The only reason why I came to this forum is for help. I can't beat the Konquest mode in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. I am stuck on level 5 with Cyrax and 3 with Hsu Hao. Do you have any tips on how to beat those levels?
If you need more in-game information, I can't make out a Self-Destruct and LK4D4 with Cyrax, and obviously Watch This with Hsu Hao. If it changes anything, I am running a GameCube version of the game.

I don't remember the Hsu Hao combo, but if the Cyrax combo you are talking about is the one that ends with Fwd+Triangle, Back+Triangle, Up+Triangle (or something) then you are not alone, brother! As for tips, unless there are cheats somewhere then you just have to keep at it, I'm afraid. But you could try writing down the combo and then pushing the buttons but don't watch the screen, watch the D-pad.

I think one of Kenshi combos was quite nasty too.

I remember doing Self-Destruct once, I don't know how I did it. I also made a LK4D4, but then in the next part it demanded me to do it again so I cracked. I never got past Hsu Hao's first combo.
Cyrax:
Self-Destruct: B-B-Y+BACK-Y+FORWARD-Y+UP
LK4D4: B-B-Y+BACK-Y+FORWARD-L

Hsu Hao:
Watch This: B-B-Y-L-Y+BACK-L-Y+BACK

I may be able to help with Hsu Hao.

You should be able to hold (BACK) throughout the entire combo, unless BACK+B is a different move to B (in which case hold back after hitting the 2nd B, or the 1st Y).

So try holding down BACK and press B B Y L Y L Y.

I tried your method but he either stepped back or did another combo. I did the combo, though, but now Jax is moving and it is very hard for me to catch him at the right moment.
EDIT: Never mind, I killed him somehow. A little tip for everyone who is stuck on Hsu Hao: in the last part of mission 9, take out Sun-Moon, hold Forward and press X all the time. That way you can corner him somrewhere in the start and get ahead of the timer.
EDIT2: Somehow I made a Self-Destruct in Cyrax and first LK4D4. Can't seem to repeat it now, and I'm not as hell turning off my GameCube or I'll lose that miserably made progress.
EDIT3: Wow, you gotta be kidding me. I actually made that combo, but in mission 9 I have to do it again! and finish it with Slice and Dice. I'm tired of this.

Last edited:
Trade it in for MKD, it's a much better game IMO.
Although with Game Cube I don't think you can get online, but Konquest is far Superior.

Yeah, I rented that once. Finished the Konquest in 7 days. But I would still like to unlock Blaze and Mokap in MKDA, to see how they are playable or whatever, and Deception does not have that guys, and you can't get Armageddon for GameCube.

I don't really wanna buy that, I'm in Canada. But what if I connect a Xbox controller to an adapter from a Phantasy Star Online keyboard, will that work?

No idea but I doubt it. Just search ebay, you'll be sure to find one in your area, and it really is worth it

I can dig wanting to finish a game to the bitter end, and it sounds like you're getting better at doing the combos. Best of luck, let us know if you think Mokap and Blaze were worth it :mrgreen:

Yeah, I can't believe that Blaze is a boss character in MK:A. I always thought he was good, now I have a strong impression that he's some kind of a ruler over Outworld or something. And it still gets me that I have 2 missions left and I can't make them.

Guys, should I get Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance for Playstation 2? I sold every game I had on my GameCube and my GameCube to EBGames for a Playstation 2. Money is no problem.

I'm talking about the first Xbox. Almost every game that was on multiple systems was always better on the Xbox 180. ;)

You've completed MKD and all-but completed MKDA, why not jump straight to MKA now you've got a PS2? It's probably cheaper by now and you get online kombat and new konquest mode as well. Did you play Shaolin Monks? That was pretty good too. You'll complete it in a week though, and there's not much replay value IMO.

If you're in the UK and want MKA online kombat, the PS2 network adapter was nowhere to be found in the stores. Take a look online first.

Dude, I already have MK:A. My soul just isn't komplete if I won't finish MK:DA. And I'm still waiting for MK:SM, I ordered it not a long time ago.