Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 137

Thread: Worst MK release???

  1. #21
    Shokan General Glamador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Candyland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Xbox Live
    X Glamador X
    PSN
    Glamador
    Steam
    Glamador
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    You know I've been thinking...about the worst MK release. I think MKA tops the charts. For one, there was all that uproar about Motaro losing his legs, no Khameleon, no individualized fatalities, etc. And add in the fact that the Xbox version was delayed like that...shit just hit the fan.

  2. #22
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Old thread is still an old thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamador View Post
    Because Reiko was supposed to be Noob Saibot in MK4. Just like Tanya was supposed to be Kitana and Jerek was supposed to be Kano. Didn't you notice how they're so similar? It wasn't until MKA that Reiko got some good character development. MKA Reiko is a totally different Reiko to me than MK4 Reiko.
    Noob was actually in MK4 during the test run of MK4 Road tour, and Kitana & Kano were never ever meant to be in MK4, at all.

    But I do agree with Buttman AND Glam. MK:D & MK:A were terrible.
    Last edited by Tim Static; 07-04-2008 at 06:24 AM.

  3. #23
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Quote Originally Posted by daby View Post
    Worst game: hmmm, MK3, but UMK3 and Trilogy too.
    Wow, I dont think I will ever take anything you say from here on out seriously. I understand about the abomination that is Trilogy, but MK3 & UMK3? Pfffft. Lame. UMK3 is the best MK, period.

    Quote Originally Posted by daby View Post
    Kobra should betterbe in Street Fighter.
    He is, and his name is Ken Masters.

  4. #24
    TRMK Super Moderator DCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    My OWN pants-- oh wait, these aren't mine
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,684
    Xbox Live
    ryknowcore
    Thanked: 88
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Static View Post
    Kitana & Kano were never ever meant to be in MK4, at all.
    I'm sure that Kitana was. The coding for her character was never completely removed from the game. Remember that you could play as her using a cheat device on the N64 or a patch for the PC version.

  5. #25
    Shokan General Glamador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Candyland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Xbox Live
    X Glamador X
    PSN
    Glamador
    Steam
    Glamador
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Clearly you don't know what you're talking about Tim. I don't say things that I just pulled out of my ass. And you keep saying we shouldn't diss you for expressing your opinions and yet you jump on this guy for not liking MK3. For shame.

  6. #26
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathcoreRyknow View Post
    I'm sure that Kitana was. The coding for her character was never completely removed from the game. Remember that you could play as her using a cheat device on the N64 or a patch for the PC version.
    Those were the words straight out of ED BOON's mouth when I spoke to him on the MK4 Road Tour. So.....yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamador View Post
    Clearly you don't know what you're talking about Tim. I don't say things that I just pulled out of my ass. And you keep saying we shouldn't diss you for expressing your opinions and yet you jump on this guy for not liking MK3. For shame.
    I sure dont. And what did you and some others do when I expressed my opinion? Expressed your dislike for my opinion. And how did I jump on this guy? Opinions are like assholes, eveyone has one. But you sir, are just an asshole.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamador View Post
    Dont get all worked up over Tim. He's pratically a troll.
    YES, you do say things you pulled out of your ass.
    Last edited by Tim Static; 07-04-2008 at 10:54 AM.

  7. #27
    New Kombatant
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    69
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    After some thinking, I'm gonna change my Worst Release to MKA. If we're defining "worst" as "implied product output versus actual product output", then there can be no question, the in-development MK Armageddon we read about in press releases and in hype from Midway was a far better sounding product than the final published incarnation.

    Not to be argumentative, but I have to disagree about Khameleon and Motaro - did anyone really get that upset about Khameleon's absence in the PS2 MKA? As for Motaro, as a purist, I agree - he just ain't Motaro unless he's a centaur. That said, from a practical, game development standpoint, I can't imagine it would be easy to implement a four-legged character *and* keep the game properly balanced.

    If we're gonna talk about characters being left out in some form, hell, let's go for broke - where are Kia and Jataaka? Why not include the Water, Earth and Fire Gods from Mythologies? Go look at the latest crop of Dragonball Z fighting games for shining examples of "No Character Gets Left Behind". They're also shining examples of "Did we really need to include every last character ever featured on the show?" I know MKA was intended to be the last MK game of the current standing storyline and they wanted to include virtually every character for one final hurrah, but from purely a narrative standpoint, I wish they would have killed a fair majority of them off and left things looking dire. Sorta like how things felt after Liu got his neck snapped in MKDA - grim. *Shrug*

  8. #28
    Black Dragon Recruit MKF30-mkdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ???????????
    Posts
    652
    Xbox Live
    MKF30
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    MK:D by farrrrr because gameplay sucked, it wasn't balanced well Bo, Dairou and N/S own the whole game....fact.

    And it has tons of glitches.

    MKA has glitches too but MKD's biggest problems like plants into OTG's, countless FT's into infinites etc were addressed thus MKA is better and more playable then MKD ever was. I also play these games online a lot so I know this well. MKA added the wake up, parry/counter option and wake up attacks plus good jumping so that helped the gameplay out a lot.

    So, my vote in this order MK:D>>>MK4>>>MK:SF and MK:Advance easily the worst out of the whole series.

    "Never Underestimate Your opponent"
    "For those that already hate MK vs. DC, you're hopeless"

  9. #29
    Shokan General Glamador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Candyland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Xbox Live
    X Glamador X
    PSN
    Glamador
    Steam
    Glamador
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Ok...but it's not about which is the worst in the series is it? Isn't it about which one has the worst release? Like, didn't live up to the hype and stuff? That's what I was trying to say about MKA.

    Anyway, how can you say MKD was worse than MKA? That's ridiculous. It had story, konquest, tons of unlockables in the krypt...MKD was fantastic. Aside from the gameplay which, as you say, was not on par with other titles.

    A game is not just gameplay. A game is an experience. And a game can have the best gameplay in the world and I would still not play it for more than a few hours. However, of course, there are exceptions. I think CoD4 has one of the worst single-player experiences I've ever played but I've played the multiplayer for dozens of hours due to it's wonderful gameplay...

    Even so, despite MKD's faults it still had so much CONTENT that it makes up for it. I've always said a great game has to have 3 aspects in balance, gameplay ,storyline, and graphics. If any of the 3 aspects is outstanding enough to overshadow the flaws in the other 2 (or any other combination there of) then it's still a good game. MKD had great story, good graphics, and lots of content. Therefore it makes up for the shoddy gameplay.

  10. #30
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamador View Post
    Ok...but it's not about which is the worst in the series is it? Isn't it about which one has the worst release? Like, didn't live up to the hype and stuff? That's what I was trying to say about MKA.

    Anyway, how can you say MKD was worse than MKA? That's ridiculous. It had story, konquest, tons of unlockables in the krypt...MKD was fantastic. Aside from the gameplay which, as you say, was not on par with other titles.

    A game is not just gameplay. A game is an experience. And a game can have the best gameplay in the world and I would still not play it for more than a few hours. However, of course, there are exceptions. I think CoD4 has one of the worst single-player experiences I've ever played but I've played the multiplayer for dozens of hours due to it's wonderful gameplay...

    Even so, despite MKD's faults it still had so much CONTENT that it makes up for it. I've always said a great game has to have 3 aspects in balance, gameplay ,storyline, and graphics. If any of the 3 aspects is outstanding enough to overshadow the flaws in the other 2 (or any other combination there of) then it's still a good game. MKD had great story, good graphics, and lots of content. Therefore it makes up for the shoddy gameplay.
    I agree, the extras in MK:D would make it a "better" MK title, but they are both about the same as far as gameplay goes.

    I'll say this again, the konquest mode in MK:D was one of the things ever in any MK game. The idea and koncept (hehe) was great. Now imagine if they really put their effort and time into more of an MK RPG? Holy kow, that would ROCK.

  11. #31
    Special Forces Agent Tim Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Outworld, Ohio
    Posts
    3,016
    Twitter
    @Tim_Static
    Xbox Live
    Tim Static
    PSN
    Tim_Static
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Quote Originally Posted by MKF30-mkdc View Post
    MK:D by farrrrr because gameplay sucked, it wasn't balanced well Bo, Dairou and N/S own the whole game....fact.

    And it has tons of glitches.

    MKA has glitches too but MKD's biggest problems like plants into OTG's, countless FT's into infinites etc were addressed thus MKA is better and more playable then MKD ever was. I also play these games online a lot so I know this well. MKA added the wake up, parry/counter option and wake up attacks plus good jumping so that helped the gameplay out a lot.

    So, my vote in this order MK:D>>>MK4>>>MK:SF and MK:Advance easily the worst out of the whole series.
    Wait.....your saying MK:SF AND MK Advance are better than MK4?

  12. #32
    Black Dragon Recruit jeary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    701
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Quote Originally Posted by EWAShock View Post
    You have an incredibly warped sense of reality. You made a thread and responded to it yourself 2 days later, spewing the same garbage you did in other threads. Congratulations. I would have banned you from ultimatmk by now, but not before making an example out of you.
    Amen

    Worst MK game: Special Forces by far
    Worst MK Fighter: MK Gold
    Worst Character: Ashrah
    Worst Finisher: Quan CHis neck stretch, just weird

  13. #33
    Black Dragon Recruit MKF30-mkdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ???????????
    Posts
    652
    Xbox Live
    MKF30
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamador View Post
    Ok...but it's not about which is the worst in the series is it? Isn't it about which one has the worst release? Like, didn't live up to the hype and stuff? That's what I was trying to say about MKA.

    Anyway, how can you say MKD was worse than MKA? That's ridiculous. It had story, konquest, tons of unlockables in the krypt...MKD was fantastic. Aside from the gameplay which, as you say, was not on par with other titles.

    A game is not just gameplay. A game is an experience. And a game can have the best gameplay in the world and I would still not play it for more than a few hours. However, of course, there are exceptions. I think CoD4 has one of the worst single-player experiences I've ever played but I've played the multiplayer for dozens of hours due to it's wonderful gameplay...

    Even so, despite MKD's faults it still had so much CONTENT that it makes up for it. I've always said a great game has to have 3 aspects in balance, gameplay ,storyline, and graphics. If any of the 3 aspects is outstanding enough to overshadow the flaws in the other 2 (or any other combination there of) then it's still a good game. MKD had great story, good graphics, and lots of content. Therefore it makes up for the shoddy gameplay.
    Well, if you want to talk "strickly" release sale wise easily MK:SF for the adventure games. And I'm sure MK advance is up there.

    But as far as fighting games, MKD takes the cake easily. This is been proved by Check also(who's the gameplay/combo/discovery king) from MKO, umk.com etc It also didn't sell as well as MK:DA or MKA the first few weeks of release. MKA even sold pretty well believe it or not for the wii which Midway/Boon confirmed. MKD was great as far as bringing nostalgic characters back, and story and presentation and even online play for a 3D game, but everything else from balance to gameplay sucked...

    "Never Underestimate Your opponent"
    "For those that already hate MK vs. DC, you're hopeless"

  14. #34
    Shokan General Glamador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Candyland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Xbox Live
    X Glamador X
    PSN
    Glamador
    Steam
    Glamador
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Really? MKD didn't sell well? I don't pretend to know anything about sales so I can't comment. All I can go by is what was promised, what people I know expected, and what was actually delivered.

    Still, you don't seem to fully grasp what I was trying to say. I acknowledge completely that MKD had inferior gameplay and balance, tons of unbalanced combos/characters, etc. What I'm trying to say is, MKD is a better game overall than MKA or even MKDA. While I personally prefer MKDA for it's story and roster choice, the facts remain that MKD had scores more to do.

    You value gameplay and balance, I get it. But I pity you if you that's all you play for. Games are art dude, don't just look at one aspect and write something off. Of course it's always better if something excells in ALL areas, but hey, how often does that happen right?

  15. #35
    Black Dragon Recruit MKF30-mkdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ???????????
    Posts
    652
    Xbox Live
    MKF30
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamador View Post
    Really? MKD didn't sell well? I don't pretend to know anything about sales so I can't comment. All I can go by is what was promised, what people I know expected, and what was actually delivered.

    Still, you don't seem to fully grasp what I was trying to say. I acknowledge completely that MKD had inferior gameplay and balance, tons of unbalanced combos/characters, etc. What I'm trying to say is, MKD is a better game overall than MKA or even MKDA. While I personally prefer MKDA for it's story and roster choice, the facts remain that MKD had scores more to do.

    You value gameplay and balance, I get it. But I pity you if you that's all you play for. Games are art dude, don't just look at one aspect and write something off. Of course it's always better if something excells in ALL areas, but hey, how often does that happen right?

    On the contrary I understand full well, you don't seem to be hearing what I'm saying here, hear me out. A key part of a game is gameplay, don't care what anyone says. That's a fact that should come first hand, without GOOD, SOLID GAMEPLAY you fail. Thus, why MK:SF failed, the game sucked and felt very rushed compared to say ohh MK:SM. hmm?

    MKD sold well for an MK game, they always "sell well enough to go on" but I'm saying in terms of comparison to MK:DA and MK:A MKD didn't do "as well" let's keep it at that.

    MK:D is not a better game overall to MK:DA or MK:A, if you want to like it more from a story, character point of view whatever, but overall and gameplay wise especially MKD is NOT better then MK:DA and MKA. That's a fact, I play these games at high level online, TRUST me. I know, when you have 2000+ matches online in MKD and nearly as many in MKA I think that's more then a qualified candidate. If you like MKD more for your own reasons, fine your opinion, play whichever MK game you want the most. I'm just laying down the facts of the games, the differences and why a lot of fans like MK:DA or MKA more then MKD. If you look around, you'll find your MK:DA fans, MK:D fans and MK:A fans. I personally enjoy MK:A way more then MKD for gameplay alone, storywise I enjoy all equally and MK:A had everyone, which MK:D didn't who I would have liked to see in the game. MK:DA is just an overall great game, very balanced(better then both MKD and MKA) least amount of glitches, infinites and brought MK back from the dead.

    Games are MORE then just "art" if you like art, buy paintings and sculptures, not video games if that's all you care about, but the fact of the matter is when it comes to video games. GAMEPLAY comes first, always and if it doesn't then the developer obviously doesn't care about a solid, good game "gameplay wise" am I saying to ignore everything else? Not at all, but gameplay is and MUST be the first thing addressed and concentrated on. Ask most other gamers in here, they'll agree dude.

    There's lots of fighter fans out there that don't give two poops about Storyline or characters in MK or other fighters for that matter you have to realize.

    Now me, being the nutty, obsessed MK fan I am will love MK regardless however at the same time won't ignore the clear as day facts about them either. I enjoy story, characters, online play, modes etc as much as the next loyal MK fan, but all that without good gameplay will be destined to fail.

    "Never Underestimate Your opponent"
    "For those that already hate MK vs. DC, you're hopeless"

  16. #36
    New Kombatant ter83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Zaterra
    Posts
    52
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    the only true MK failure was Annihilation. it may not be a game but it belong to the MK franchise so i say this is the all time failure.

  17. #37
    Shokan General Glamador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Candyland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Xbox Live
    X Glamador X
    PSN
    Glamador
    Steam
    Glamador
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    I feel like I'm talking to a broken record "Gameplay gameplay gameplay I play at high levels online" I DON'T GIVE A FLYING **** WHAT SO-CALLED LEVEL YOU PLAY AT YOU POMPOUS BUFFOON. You didn't even rebut my arguement! You just repeated the same one you made before! I very cleary said, games are not JUST gameplay. I also said that everything must be in balance giving clear criteria (which you ignored). Now really, when you repeat yourself I'M forced to repeat myself. I don't like repeating myself.

    I already said I prefer MKDA didn't I? That alone puts down that I think MKD is better based solely on my opinion of the story and characters, which I've already said I don't think are "as good" (and we'll leave it at that). The point is, MKD had stage fatalities, more characters, more stages, bios, endings, 2 fatalities per character, a Konquest mode which lasted HOURS, a Krypt (admittedly smaller thank MKDA's but once again, look at all the other stuff, balance is what I'm getting at), and it gave MK it's first foray into online play. Without even looking at which characters or stories are better I can tell you right now that MKD has more going for it than MKDA did.

    MKA had more balanced characters and it added aerial kombat. It also had more characters plus KAK's (but let's face it, those were a joke. Talk about unbalanced). But it didn't have endings in the same vein as MKDA or MKD, it didn't have bios, it's Konquest mode wasn't even half as long as MKDs, it's krypt was pitiful, it had zero unique fatalities per character, and it continued to have stage fatalities. It's a sequel that removed elements where it's predecessor added them.

    There is absolutely no opinion to be had with what I've just said. MKD added onto MKDA, making it on it's face better already. MKA removed elements from MKD, making it on it's face worse already. MKD had solid ENOUGH gameplay (once again, see my criteria for balance) to carry it's other elements. MKA had better balance but generally the same gameplay.

    Clearly you only play a game for the gameplay, I get that. But look at all the great games that basically amount to pointing and clicking. Look at all the old lucasarts adventure games that had no "gameplay" in the traditional sense at all. Yet you will find avid supporters of them for their amazing artwork, humor, and charm.

    YES, gameplay is undeniably (UNDENIABLY, look it up) important. If a game has gameplay that, for some reason, makes the game entirely un-fun to play then that will make the game inferior. But that is not the case with MKD, it's gameplay does not hinder it to the point of being unplayable, in fact it doesn't even hinder it to the point of being noticeably less fun than MKDA or MKA at anything but the highest levels (yes, I get it, you play on that level you pretentious prick).

    Now I realize I've insulted you a couple times, please note the difference between a few well-placed jabs and flaming. Don't you dare call this post flaming because I urge you to look up the definition if you intend to accuse me of that good sir. What I have done is completely refuted everything you've said and replaced it with a reasoned response which shows with great confidence why my position is the better one. I suggest you try that approach for once.

    (In case you hadn't noticed, I've lost my patience with you)

  18. #38
    Black Dragon Recruit Mads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    725
    Thanked: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Glam, it looks as if he's doing this on purpose. Ignore him.
    You must find me to defeat me.

  19. #39
    Black Dragon Recruit MKF30-mkdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ???????????
    Posts
    652
    Xbox Live
    MKF30
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Quote Originally Posted by Mads View Post
    Glam, it looks as if he's doing this on purpose. Ignore him.
    On the contrary, I'm merely explaining something to him. Sure have a lot to say for someone not contributing much to the actual topic....


    Quote Originally Posted by Glamador View Post
    I feel like I'm talking to a broken record "Gameplay gameplay gameplay I play at high levels online" I DON'T GIVE A FLYING **** WHAT SO-CALLED LEVEL YOU PLAY AT YOU POMPOUS BUFFOON. You didn't even rebut my arguement! You just repeated the same one you made before! I very cleary said, games are not JUST gameplay. I also said that everything must be in balance giving clear criteria (which you ignored). Now really, when you repeat yourself I'M forced to repeat myself. I don't like repeating myself.

    I already said I prefer MKDA didn't I? That alone puts down that I think MKD is better based solely on my opinion of the story and characters, which I've already said I don't think are "as good" (and we'll leave it at that). The point is, MKD had stage fatalities, more characters, more stages, bios, endings, 2 fatalities per character, a Konquest mode which lasted HOURS, a Krypt (admittedly smaller thank MKDA's but once again, look at all the other stuff, balance is what I'm getting at), and it gave MK it's first foray into online play. Without even looking at which characters or stories are better I can tell you right now that MKD has more going for it than MKDA did.

    MKA had more balanced characters and it added aerial kombat. It also had more characters plus KAK's (but let's face it, those were a joke. Talk about unbalanced). But it didn't have endings in the same vein as MKDA or MKD, it didn't have bios, it's Konquest mode wasn't even half as long as MKDs, it's krypt was pitiful, it had zero unique fatalities per character, and it continued to have stage fatalities. It's a sequel that removed elements where it's predecessor added them.

    There is absolutely no opinion to be had with what I've just said. MKD added onto MKDA, making it on it's face better already. MKA removed elements from MKD, making it on it's face worse already. MKD had solid ENOUGH gameplay (once again, see my criteria for balance) to carry it's other elements. MKA had better balance but generally the same gameplay.

    Clearly you only play a game for the gameplay, I get that. But look at all the great games that basically amount to pointing and clicking. Look at all the old lucasarts adventure games that had no "gameplay" in the traditional sense at all. Yet you will find avid supporters of them for their amazing artwork, humor, and charm.

    YES, gameplay is undeniably (UNDENIABLY, look it up) important. If a game has gameplay that, for some reason, makes the game entirely un-fun to play then that will make the game inferior. But that is not the case with MKD, it's gameplay does not hinder it to the point of being unplayable, in fact it doesn't even hinder it to the point of being noticeably less fun than MKDA or MKA at anything but the highest levels (yes, I get it, you play on that level you pretentious prick).

    Now I realize I've insulted you a couple times, please note the difference between a few well-placed jabs and flaming. Don't you dare call this post flaming because I urge you to look up the definition if you intend to accuse me of that good sir. What I have done is completely refuted everything you've said and replaced it with a reasoned response which shows with great confidence why my position is the better one. I suggest you try that approach for once.

    (In case you hadn't noticed, I've lost my patience with you)

    Ok, I've tried playing nice with you and being patient but since you insist on being an instigating dope, you're going to be told off.

    All you're doing now is Flaming now huh in exchance for lack of argument? Dude just shut up if you're not going to post a valid argument and choose to flame...shit's getting old. I have a real hard time believing you're a 20 year old guy because you're seriously acting like a 12 year old. I suppose this isn't a big shock coming from you...*sigh* and another thing this is really getting tiresome, ....of you going out of your way to start arguments with me after every god damn post I make, you try to bait people sometimes who you disagree with I've noticed and I don't take that lightly. I've been on tons of forums and different sites and such a long time to see this with people. Unfortunately, you don't know me and I don't take that shit from anyone who likes to start trouble with me. So, if anything you're the one acting like a pompous prick, not me. I'm telling it how it is while you're simply in denial due to your own arrogant, narrowminded views.

    You obviously can't comprehend the English Language, I'm not talking about "high level play or online" you genius I'm talking about WHAT MATTERS MOST IN A GAME!!! Good god and you call yourself a gamer? Humor me....

    I'm not pompous, just telling it how is and speaking from a realistic standpoint which I suggest you start doing instead of flaming for dumb reasons and try not being so damn blinded by your own personal views. You're bringing up the most stupid nonsense like "art and this other BS" which shows you clearly don't understand a word I'm saying......and NO I don't only play games or MK for "online or gameplay" but what's the point in playing it on any level if the gameplay SUCKS!? You're telling me you'll play a game and claim it's good if the gameplay sucks? Please....how many true gamers that know what they're talking about will play a game without good gameplay? I'll tell you, there is none. Unless you're A. Dumb B. Ignorant or C. A casual gamer who rarely plays games, you will find NONE! Whether you play casually or more competitive, it won't be a good, enjoyable experience if the gameplay is lacking. Nuff said, so if you still don't understand what I'm saying then you're just hopeless and are telling everyone that you'll play a shitty game because you're a fan of a particular series. Despite what it is, MK or otherwise.


    Yes, a game should have that stuff like art, cool characters, story etc, etc but it's NOTHING without good gameplay! I'll say this until it gets thru. I'm not just referring to MK, I'm speaking about games in general.

    You can make a game with the hottest graphics, hottest art, best voice actors and online play...in your mind I'm sure that's a great game but guess what? If the "gameplay" sucks, the game will suck. FACT. Why do you think the PSP is getting owned bigtime by the DS? As a nintendo fan yourself which you say you are, you should know this of all people....it's simple, the DS obviously inferior graphically to the PSP make up for it with SOLID GAMEPLAY from it's games, thus are better games. This is why you'll see stupid posts from Sony fanboys at times bragging about the PSP yet failing to realize why it sucks in comparison to the DS.

    Gameplay>>Graphics and everything else for that matter. The trick is to make a good game of solid balance if you want anything near "a perfect game" but since that rarely happens you concentrate on the more important things like gameplay, balance, high replay value, online etc.

    Actually, if you must know MK:A is also broken but BETTER then MKD because you have to realize that OTG's, FT's(free throws) are glitches that were removed from MKD's mess of gameplay, there were still some but with the addition of the parry and wake up implemented it helped and could be countered if you parried the hit BEFORE the free throw, in MKD you couldn't do this nor avoid it thus there weren't solid options for the defensive player. This is basic knowledge whether you play online or not. Ok.

    Secondly, MKA was broken because of the Air kombat glitches such as "air cancelling" which was a glitch/ way to increase or get more damage. Some players use it, others don't. I personally don't like abusing glitches and feel there's no need for me to do so. Some players that suck and have no skill HAVE to use it because they rely on glitches to bail their asses out of trouble. I on the other hand among some other players just have a solid ground game, thus I don't need that shit to win. But just telling you how it is.

    This is why the older MK's are known by MOST logical gamers, MK fans or fighter fans to be way better then the newer MK's. So by all means, enjoy whichever MK games you want but at the same time don't ignore solid facts on WHY a lot of people aren't too fond of some of the newer MK's or certain games in general speaking. A game without solid gameplay will fail, end of story. I don't care if you like a game because of a characters tits or great graphics, without solid, fun, good gameplay to go with it it will only appeal to the casual or ignorant gamer.

    Later
    Last edited by MKF30-mkdc; 09-16-2008 at 08:02 PM.

    "Never Underestimate Your opponent"
    "For those that already hate MK vs. DC, you're hopeless"

  20. #40
    Shokan General Glamador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Candyland
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Xbox Live
    X Glamador X
    PSN
    Glamador
    Steam
    Glamador
    Thanked: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Worst MK release???

    Ha...haha...hahaha...you said I flamed....hee...yea how did I know you would say that? I even had a clause at the end explaining why my post wasn't flaming. Didn't read that either did you?

    Oh btw, would you mind reading what I said about a good game requiring all 3 aspects (gameplay, graphics/art/charm etc., and storyline/content) but that if one is lacking the others can make up for it? Because I don't think you saw that (even though I said it 3 times). Now (I'm repeating myself again, I hate repeating myself) there is no doubt that a game without good ENOUGH gameplay will be utter shite. Remember when I asked you to look up undeniably?

    The thing is, no game with CRAPPY gameplay is going to be good. Period. There's no such thing as a great game where the graphics are limited to a pixel and a line either. What's more there's no great game that has no story and only lets you play 1 level over and over again. Those kinds of games are limited to the range of "crap" to "good enough to play as a time waster" (see, flash games).

    What I keep trying to explain is, MKD and MKA have reasonably similar gameplay, even though MKA fixed some issues you can't say that MKA was scores above MKD can you? It was the same engine, the same characters, the same combos, and the same issues. For all intents and purposes MKD = MKA in terms of what they are, gameplay-wise. Therefore, any noticable differences will come in the form of content, graphics, any story. I've already explained why MKA is lacking in those aspects.

    Lemme guess, you stopped reading my last post as soon as I called you a pompous buffoon didn't you? Well this time I'm calling you a pompous buffoon at the end so you have to read the whole thing. Ha.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flaming

    See first definition. "...insulting a party...takes precedence over the objective merits of one side or another." I had 2 names I called you amidst 7 paragraphs of reasoned discussion. That's not flaming.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •