My Piano-Computer-Keyboard mod

Midget Kong

don't know what to call it exactly since they're both called keyboards,right?

I've been using this for the past couple of months,
cause I can't afford a real Midi Keyboard at the time and it works pretty well for really simple stuff.

anyways,I just thought I'd share some pics of it as well as what program I use to make it work like a midi keyboard.

I removed all of the buttons that aren't used by the program and painted the keys in accordance with what they are with an enamel paint (black and white keys).

the program I use is the Analog X virtual piano which can be found here

picstosort044.jpg

picstosort042.jpg

picstosort043.jpg

as you can see,there are 38 keys but 2 of them are duplicates for the upper 2 rows so it's actually only 36 notes.

the F-keys are used for octave switching and the shift and ctrl keys are for temporary octave switching (shift key shifts the key up an octave and ctrl shifts it down an octave until it's released.

the program sometimes has problems with playing some chords though in certain areas,
it doesn't allow for pitch bending or mod wheel functions,and it's most certainly not velocity sensitive being that it's actually a computer keyboard (but you can adjust the velocity in the program which kinda works).

all in all it's a pretty decent program and a neat idea to go along with it.

I'd also sudgest using Midi Yoke if you want to use it with some softsynths or drum modules
http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm