which 4 characters to return in MK8?

Re: which 4 character to return in MK8?

From the "Let's Make Money" standpoint... Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Baraka, and Goro should be the four to go on.

To further the storylines that are decent... Sub-Zero, Noob, Scorpion, Quan Chi

To piss us all off... Kobra, Kira, Stryker, Ashra

To make us quit playing forever... Reiko, Kai, Moloch, Mokap

To make us all glad we are playing the best fighting game ever... Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Shang Tsung

The only thing I agree with both Frankenberry and *Prophet* is that in MK8, they need a whole new roster of characters. Come on, the old characters can wait to appear on MK9.

As for the question:

Fujin
Kai
Shinnok
Ermac

As for Sub-Zero and Scorpion situation; for Sub-Zero, he needs to pass on his legacy to either his children or fellow clan member with skills expectations as his own. For Scorpion, he needs to stop his vengeance. It's old!! I think he should be redeeming himself and needs to let go of his past and move on.

I really hope they have Fujin in future MK games, idk, I always loved Fujin, and plus he's the protecter of Earth Realm so they better have him in MK8! lol

I like the idea of Raiden going towards the dark side. It sets him up for being the next antagonist in future MK games for the new generation of heroes and Fujin.

This is a stupid thread! It may seem like I'm new but I use to go on TRMK all the time. So I have the right to state this. You guys ask what characters you want to come back but think of how lame the story has become. Me personally I don't like the fact they bring in Daegon and Taven. The last game's star was Shujinko. What happened to that fag. I thought he was the new idol of Mortal Kombat. And then everyone dies and comes back. Then they die again and come back. Ed Boon is a ****ing idiot. John Tobias was the real artist here (And when I say artist I don't mean picture wise) he made the storyline. Then they got some homo off the street to come and make a new storyline for the game. "Ya we'll just throw that faggot in, make this guy a part of that clan, kill off the star of the game, No! Wait the fans didn't like that. We'll bring him back! Ahhh **** I already added this old fart with a broke hip. What can I do to fix that? I know make Raiden evil, make two more new gay ass stars for the game, and to top it off throw in a few more black people who look like jax, and give them everyone elses moves so that way they are in no way original or unique. There we go!"

So to make this ^ long story short. They need to erase everybody and start off new. Oh and another thing, I am so tired of Scorpion. He found the person who killed his people and he still hasn't gotten revenge. So he needs not to come back (Only if Quan Chi comes back. Then Shinnok has to come back then yada yada).... And as for Sub-Zero make him get some frosty ass and have little frostbytin babies. Then his son can be the new sub. Ya'll can hate me for this message but everyone has an opinion remember that! Peace!

Now, now. As much as I got laughing with the Jax comment, I must say that you are right with the whole Tobias thing... Don't blame anyone for that other than John Tobias himself for leaving a franchise that would be on top of the world right now if he were still in charge of the story. Why was he so important? Because he actually cared and took it places we wanted it to go before we knew we wanted it to go there.

John Vogel isn't bad but the guy needs to get a spine, and a set of balls while he's at it because like you said he'll kill someone and bring them back just because we ***** and whine. What he needs to realize is that we'll do that no matter what he does haha. He's in charge of the story, not us, and I'll go on record now saying if I was in charge of the storyline Mortal Kombat would be the best selling game each and every year it came out. I mean it.

I like how the story is going some what though, they're in the right direction they just need to actually make a decision instead of all this "What if?" shit all the time. That works every now and then but it doesn't work ALL the frikkin' time. The biggest dissappointment in MK:A wasn't the crappy Konquest, or the fact the beginning FMV had more people saying "Why?" than saying "HOLY CRAP EFFIN' AWESOME CAN'T WAIT TO RIP A SPINE OUT!!!!" hell it wasn't even the cheap ass fatality system that WILL KILL the MK franchise if we ever see it again. It was the fact that all that we're built up to with the Konquest story of "This will happen if he beats Blaze and this will happen if he beats Blaze". I was so into the story and couldn't wait to see the ending because I wanted to see how it turned out. Then I about jumped off a building when I beat the game and it's all like "Neither one happens, a whole different things happens."

I was like "..." yeah, speechless because well, for about the third game in a row they couldn't just stick with their plan. They had to pussy out and do something to try and make everyone happy.

THAT is the main reason MK has yet to make it's fan base grow and has been restricted to nothing more than us die hards. If they want to make progress they need to think out the story, and go with it. Not get scared at the last second that someone isn't going to like their decision. They already have the biggest loop hole known the video games, it's called the Netherrealm.

"What? Liu Kang is dead? Oh it's ok, he sits out this game and comes back in the next thanks to someone rescuing his soul from the Netherrealm." It's that simple, they did it with Johnny Cage, they did it with Shinnok, they did it with Noob Saibot.

Oh and as far as Sub-Zero goes, he doesn't need any Noob help, or any new image. He owns the Lin Kuei, he's the greatest thing MK has going for it. Keep him an ageless Ninja, let him keep freezing people, and we'll all be happy. Well not all of us because some people won't be happy regardless.

Mortal Kombat will catch it's rise again, and become great. It's just going to take some guts from the creative team, which I should be on, and John Vogel getting it together and sticking to a plan that HE wants... Or else Ed Boon needs to hire me.

Come on Mr. Boon, if nothing else at least let me be Vogel's assistant so I can help him with the story... I promise, it'll be the best thing you've done since creating Mortal Kombat.

Well, Ed Boon already stated that Sub Zero and Scorpion are sure to come back, so we'll all see them again whether we liked them or not. I like Sub Zero, but I don't need Scorpion any more, really... What? like of all the infernal spectres, Scorpion is the only one capable of fighting in MK? Come on, he's even weaker than many, at least storywise...

Ignoring what Boon said, I suggest:

1. Shang Tsung- does the first boss and the only one who kicked Liu Kang's ass (in MKDA)really have to go now?

2. Rain- we still need ninjas to carry on as they have always been kind of logo-characters, so I'd say Rain is the mightiest ninja (or, if I'm wrong, the semi-gods aren't that mighty?)

3. Frost- mustn't disappear at all. She is too cunning, and, following her sifu's tracks and using his skills, she will achieve as much fame as Subby did.

4. Kung Lao- if the team works hard enough on his character, he may be the new protagonist and champion. Liu Kang should retire anyway.:ciao:

Haha... Even smiley agrees!

Why is everyone all over Rain's nuts all of a sudden? He's not that good of a character, and his current design really helps stick the hatchet in his face even more. If ninja's have to carry on there's Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, and Noob-Saibot that could pretty much own Rain if you only put their left leg in the game and made them fight like that. Rain has a weak story and as a character isn't that good. He's a lackey character for a bad guy at best, and a true Mortal Kombat bad guy could easily find 15 better lackeys under a rock somewhere.

I don't want to even get into how bad of an idea keeping Frost is... She's like Spider Girl, Bat Girl, and Super Girl... Pointless, and nothing more than the creative's way of showing they were short on ideas. Making a female counterpart to an already awesome character in hope she'll catch on thanks to his current success has NEVER worked.

And for you ladies who may read this thinking I'm being sexist... One of my five most hated characters? Jax. For being the male counterpart to an already awesome character... Sonya Blade.

Why is everyone all over Rain's nuts all of a sudden? He's not that good of a character, and his current design really helps stick the hatchet in his face even more. If ninja's have to carry on there's Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, and Noob-Saibot that could pretty much own Rain if you only put their left leg in the game and made them fight like that. Rain has a weak story and as a character isn't that good. He's a lackey character for a bad guy at best, and a true Mortal Kombat bad guy could easily find 15 better lackeys under a rock somewhere.

I don't want to even get into how bad of an idea keeping Frost is... She's like Spider Girl, Bat Girl, and Super Girl... Pointless, and nothing more than the creative's way of showing they were short on ideas. Making a female counterpart to an already awesome character in hope she'll catch on thanks to his current success has NEVER worked.

And for you ladies who may read this thinking I'm being sexist... One of my five most hated characters? Jax. For being the male counterpart to an already awesome character... Sonya Blade.

Well, perhaps it's my right to like the character I like, regardless of his popularity. To me, Rain is quite a good character and the sad fact that the team never worked too much on his storyline is a reason for him to go on and possibly achieve some higher position than being a lackey, like Shang Tsung did in MKDA. By the way, three most popular ninjas- Scorpion, Noob, and Sub Zero- were all lackeys of Quan Chi once... so what ?
Frost may be considered a copycat but she may also get an interesting upgrade, e.g. become an eminent servant of the next primary villain, so that both good and evil side could have a powerful Cryomancer. She is also a victim of Boon and Vogel's laziness to give the new characters a sensible development.

I wasn't just talking to you about the whole Rain thing. I just don't understand why he's so popular. They made him act like such a little pussy in the Armageddon Konquest it almost made me cry. I'm all for new characters and not so new characters who just suck becoming awesome. Such as my complete hatred for Kitana, Mileena, and Kung Lao during MKII, now these games wouldn't be game without them. Same thing with Kabal, Nightwolf, and Cyrax from MKIII. Same thing with Shinnok, Quan Chi, and Reiko from MKIV. The list goes on.

Rain came around in what, MKIII one of the remakes. He was cool thanks to the massive round house kick he gave. But they never did anything with him. Now they made him look like the ideal theif from a Dungeons and Dragons game and made him act like a spoiled little ***** in Konquest for Armageddon.

I guess the main thing that surprises me is the fact he makes a quick appearance in MKIII somewhere, then nothing from him until MKVII and people love him like he's been there as long as Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

Scorpion-You can't have MK without Scorpion. MK3 doesn't count!

Kai-Favorite character and they haven't explored him enough.

Kano-The original MK scum deserves to pillage and plunder in the next generation.

Chameleon-He's just plain awesome.

Not good reasons, but what the hell.

It would be cool to have some characters that werent in many of the games, or just thrown into MKA for "just because".

Like Rain (his name is in the crossword puzzle @ www.noob.com ), Stryker, Jarek, Sheeva, Kai, Jarek, Sex-toy (ok, Sektor), Reiko, & Fujin,.

If scorpion comes back then he needs a new storyline. Or he needs to just kill Quan Chi in the beginning of the game. Liu Kang needs to stay dead, they should just say his soul is complete or whatever and now he's an elder god.... or whatever. Sub-zero still is strong for me. I wish Johnny Cage would just stay dead, but it looks like that will never happen. And i would like to see Noob come back.

Liu Kang needs to stay dead, they should just say his soul is complete or whatever and now he's an elder god.... or whatever.

Quoted for truth.

However, no more Subbie, no more Toasty, no Cage.

Start fresh. Rumor is Rain is gonna be back, but he wasnt really in any games, except Trilogy & Armageddon, which arent even very good fighting games.