"Baraka"

ZaketoX

Arabic or Islamic origin:

Baraka (or Barakah) is a term referring to a sense of divine presence, charisma, wisdom, and/or blessing transmitted from master to pupil. It can refer to "breath" (see Qi or prana), but is more often associated with a place or person.

Baraka is a French term for luck.

"Berkah" is the Indonesian word derived from Barakah. It means a great blessing or a great favourable gift (especially from Allah or God).

Baraka is a type of "spiritual energy" believed to exist by a sect of Islam in Somalia.

Baraka (Nigella sativa) seed is a spice that has purported health benefits. It is called Habbat-ul-Baraka (blessed seed) in Arabic.

Other Languages:

Baraka is the Serbian and Bulgarian word for shack. The party founders of the Croatian Democratic Union refer to themselves as barakaši, derived from baraka.

Baraka is the Swahili word for blessing ("Haraka haraka haina baraka" -- "Hurry hurry has no blessing," a Swahili proverb similar in meaning to "Haste makes waste")

Now, think of Baraka from MK: a mean, unforgiving, and unpredictable warrior in service of Outworld emperor Shao Kahn.

SILLY AINT IT? :-D

Expected response: :sleep:

I only know of two Baraka's.

41502h.jpg

And this one...obviously.

Baraka.png

Actually, I haven't seen it yet. I have read and heard very good reviews about it for the last few years, saying that it's excellent viewing. I must rent it and see what it's all about, someday.