I've figured out why Lu Kang was "resurected" as a zombie

Igos Du Inka

I may be the wisest drunkest man you'll ever meet. Now other then the fan boys wineing about Kang's death, heres how i think it fits into the story.

Now when someone dies in MK they go to the netherrelm.

according to Deciption Konquest, the Zombies are beings that pissed off Shinnok, so assuming that Shinnok and Kang werent on the best of grounds. he would be stuck on a lower plane.

But due to Kang's immence power, he had to be chained down to prevent him from escapeing the netherrelm or revolting agenst Shinnok.

You know, technically speaking, since Kano was in Liu Kang's body, shouldn't he have had the zombie corpse and Liu Kang been Ghost?

I could have sworn the chains and stuff, were from Kang being tortured by the Deadly Alliance, after his neck was snapped, to insure his death. And what do you mean Kano was in his body? Explain please.

Well excuse me for paying attention to the game, where it plainly says that someone was using Liu Kang's body for evil. And, since the Deadly Alliance was gone, and Kano's ending was the only explanation around, and the only explanation there's ever going to be, it can be, and is, safely assumed that that unknown force was is more likely than not Kano. Check your facts before you say something like "obviously not" anything.

Well, it was safely assumed by most that Onaga had taken over Lui's body, as he had done with Kitana and the rest's. I'm not sure if this is cannon, the Kano one is cannon, or some other random being would be cannon. I'm just saying that the majority of the people thought that Onaga was using his body.

I think it was safely assumed my most people that we had no idea who was controlling Liu's body but a whole lot of ppl had crackpot theories like this that will likely never get explained! I personally think the One Being was controlling Liu.

First off when someone dies in MK they don't always go to the Netherealm. For instance Johnny Cage didn't. If you paid attention in MKD you'll know that your soul must be tainted to enter the Netherealm. I seriously doubt Kang had a tainted soul by any means.

My thoughts on Kang was simply that he had been killed, his soul taken, and came back as a zombie because he was immortal from winning the tournament. However, I'm not entirely sure if the immortal thing is true to the games or if that's just a faint memory from the movie sticking to my brain.

It is kind of weird though... Cage dies, and asks Raiden for his body back to help fight. Kang dies and nothing has been done yet? Although perhaps the alternate costume means a little something or another for the next game?

Also Kano never had control of Kang's body. That was just what happened if you won the game with Kano in DA I think. And since the beginning of Deception clearly states Quan Chi and Tsung won Deadly Alliance, I serisouly doubt Kano spent even one second controlling Kang. I would like to know where you heard someone was using Kang's body for evil though..

Just my two cents :)

Kano was NEVER in Kang's body not even in DA. It was KANG who was in KANO's body...does nobody read? And Liu was not ressurected, his spirit is not in his body when he is a zombie. He is floating around as a spirit saving his pals from Onaga's control with Ermac.

Kano was NEVER in Kang's body not even in DA. It was KANG who was in KANO's body...does nobody read? And Liu was not ressurected, his spirit is not in his body when he is a zombie. He is floating around as a spirit saving his pals from Onaga's control with Ermac.

Umm, yeah..

I may be the wisest drunkest man you'll ever meet. Now other then the fan boys wineing about Kang's death, heres how i think it fits into the story.

Now when someone dies in MK they go to the netherrelm.

according to Deciption Konquest, the Zombies are beings that pissed off Shinnok, so assuming that Shinnok and Kang werent on the best of grounds. he would be stuck on a lower plane.

But due to Kang's immence power, he had to be chained down to prevent him from escapeing the netherrelm or revolting agenst Shinnok.

that's not what happened, mortal kombat deception, after you unlock lui kang, u get all this info about how his afterlife occurred. he ended up dead obviously from the hands of shang shung w/e..(remember shang sucked lui's soul, so lui's soul was unrested)..after someone killed shang shung, lui kang got revived and got his soul back....trust me, any1 who has MK deception, play lui kang and beat the pryamid up to Onaga (in regular old school arcade mode), then like always in almost every MK game, they show the story of the character

THIS IS THE 1 AND ONLY TRUE FACT BEHIND ALL THIS SO-CALLED CONTROVERSY

Dudee... You brought up a dead topic.... How could you.... Dudee... I'm gonna make a thread about this.... DaMn...

EDIT: 1st post? OK. Sorry. But introduce yourself in the New Members Thread.

Last edited: