Mortal Kombat 1 General Discussion Media Thread

So yeah, disregarding the CGI, the reveal trailer kinda sucked.

Lui makes his new era where there are only 2 choices: peace or bloody strife. For some reason Shang T Sung still exists, comes in, destroys a bunch of randoms. Then Lui turns Shang T Sung into pieces... In the name of peace. The end.

Question: what the fuck, Lui? I knew you were mentally deranged, blood thirsty weirdo but not THIS much.

Last edited:
....I've just checked out the leaked videos of MK2 movie.....

Here's my first impressions:

Spoiler:
bmkibm83_400x400.jpg

Lui makes his new era where there are only 2 choices: peace or bloody strife. For some reason Shang T Sung still exists, comes in, destroys a bunch of randoms. Then Lui turns Shang T Sung into pieces... In the name of peace. The end.

Question: what the fuck, Lui? I knew you were mentally deranged, blood thirsty weirdo but not THIS much.
My main gripe with the trailer is that it's the usual "no shit, Sherlock" faces.

Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang <=== the top 4 MK characters of all time........Then there's Mileena & Kitana (so that people don't have a hissy fit and they can get more pre-orders) and then GKL and Shang Tsung.

Would have been nice to also throw in some other non-MK1 through UMK3 characters to give variety to it.
The ONLY glimmer of hope that I have for Shang Tsung coming through the portal is that maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Shang Tsung's Aftermath ending could also be canon with perhaps characters fighting on his side.

....I've just checked out the leaked videos of MK2 movie.....

Here's my first impressions:

Spoiler:
bmkibm83_400x400.jpg
Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Kano aside, the rest of the 2021 film was hot garbage.
I watched that movie with very low expectations and was still disappointed, so I'm not really looking forward to a part 2.

My main gripe with the trailer is that it's the usual "no shit, Sherlock" faces.

Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang <=== the top 4 MK characters of all time........Then there's Mileena & Kitana (so that people don't have a hissy fit and they can get more pre-orders) and then GKL and Shang Tsung.

Would have been nice to also throw in some other non-MK1 through UMK3 characters to give variety to it.
The ONLY glimmer of hope that I have for Shang Tsung coming through the portal is that maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Shang Tsung's Aftermath ending could also be canon with perhaps characters fighting on his side.

Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Kano aside, the rest of the 2021 film was hot garbage.
I watched that movie with very low expectations and was still disappointed, so I'm not really looking forward to a part 2.

I mean... lets say that instead of the usual suspects, it would be 3D era characters getting obliterated...

What would that change, exactly?.... The gist of the trailer is the same: Lui creates NuEra, Shang T Sung kills bunch of 3D era characters, Lui wipes the floor with Shang. And this is them focusing on the story, in this trailer, as per Ed's words.... YiKeS.

As for the MK2 Movie stuff, it was basically a bunch of auditions. Let me tell you.... I didn't expect Shakespeare, it's NuMK after all.... But the plank of wood delivery alone was just.... YiKeS.
(Also the dialogue was exclusively about MK2-3 characters.... Whoops! 🤣 )

Anyways, more good news from WokeBros. Stress test is coming. It's not Beta, it's just a stress test.... Where you stress their world-class Pentium 3 servers. PC not welcome, as usual. What's in the stress test? 1v1 fights and some offline towers. There was something about crossplay being "planned" to be added postlaunch.

4 Years of "We worked the longest on this game; It'll show!". So far, every single piece of "evidence" points to this being an MK11 Part 2. And I use quotations for "evidence", because we've yet to see any gameplay, or even screenshots, yet Pre-Orders are live and Stress Tests with Betas are announced. 🤣

It showed more than that. It was showcasing the new relationships in this new timeline. Human Raiden, Mileena possibly being Kitana's bodyguard, Scorpion and Sub-Zero being twins. I thought it was a dope little taste of the kind of changes we can expect this time around. I'm hoping for a hero Reptile. He has an insanely tragic story, its not right for him to be a losing jobber lmao

It showed more than that. It was showcasing the new relationships in this new timeline. Human Raiden, Mileena possibly being Kitana's bodyguard, Scorpion and Sub-Zero being twins. I thought it was a dope little taste of the kind of changes we can expect this time around. I'm hoping for a hero Reptile. He has an insanely tragic story, its not right for him to be a losing jobber lmao

But that's what I've meant by "NuEra". The gist of the trailer is exactly this:
1) NuEra
2) Shang T Sung appears, kills randoms
3) Shang gets destroyed, Lui does his pose as if nothing happened

???

As for Reptile, with Dom at the steering wheel, I expect Reptile to get humiliated even more now. Remember, the "HE SUX AS A FIGHTER BCUZ HE'S A SPY!!11111" came out of Shawn's ass, whom with Dom, are responsible for this NuMK mess. IIRC even in MKX dialogues, Reptile got shat on the hardest by everyone.

Originally Reptile was Shang's bodyguard, whipped Lui's ass harder than anyone in MK movie..... Then Ed, Shawn and Dom started destroying him on every occasion. The Unholy Trinity for Reptile.

Hell even the latest "movies" kept making him into a bitch, where apparently, Ed was involved and gave approvals. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd try to top Kotal Kuck with Reptile.... Where he got molested in his own reveal trailer, Reptile will get clowned as soon as gameplay is revealed, and just keep collecting L's ever since.

Last edited:
Seemed more like Kitana was Mileena's bodyguard.
Royalties don't usually scan the surroundings. Nor they sit beneath bodyguards (Mileena's seat is higher, than that of Kitana's)

There's overall too much complaining about the MK1 trailer AFTER Maximillian Dood started complaining. It was a decent reveal trailer. Most reveal trailers have shown what the overall gameplay will be like. This time it shows what the overall story will be like.

I personally think they missed their opportunity to introduce Onaga. They waited to late to captilize off his potenital, they could of introudce him slowly in MKX. We already had a fire god & water god that was already in the lore that they couldv'e used instead of this fire Liu Kang bullshit. Making him and elder god was a dumb idea in the first place. I have stated this before previously, Liu Kangs role needs to be reduced to side kharacter not the main protagonist. He is clearly taking away development from other kharacters, and you wonder why the kasual audince have a hard time accepting the new kharacters. I guarantee if Onaga is the main villian they will make sure to build him up and look good only to job to Liu Kang in the end.

I personally think they missed their opportunity to introduce Onaga. They waited to late to captilize off his potenital, they could of introudce him slowly in MKX. We already had a fire god & water god that was already in the lore that they couldv'e used instead of this fire Liu Kang bullshit. Making him and elder god was a dumb idea in the first place. I have stated this before previously, Liu Kangs role needs to be reduced to side kharacter not the main protagonist. He is clearly taking away development from other kharacters, and you wonder why the kasual audince have a hard time accepting the new kharacters. I guarantee if Onaga is the main villian they will make sure to build him up and look good only to job to Liu Kang in the end.

Fuck all that. I love when MK is about Liu Kang. I wish they'd develop him as a character more than boring ass Sonya and Johnny

Well, yeah.... Lui was supposed to be 6feet under by MK5, with his son taking the reins. Since you bring up Onaga, and we talk about "story" trailers... I think they should've followed the MKD intro as a reference....

The MKD intro setups the tone, the stakes, the villain.

MK1 trailer just introduces the same "reset" characters who got rekt, the villain who got rekt, and a fatality.

Last edited:
Well, yeah.... Lui was supposed to be 6feet under by MK5, with his son taking the reins. Since you bring up Onaga, and we talk about "story" trailers... I think they should've followed the MKD intro as a reference....

MK1 trailer just introduces the same "reset" characters who got rekt, the villain who got rekt, and a fatality.

That was always weird because it isn't really an intro, its more of an ending.

That was always weird because it isn't really an intro, its more of an ending.
You wouldn't know that until you've finished the game. As an intro, it worked perfectly. It follows a clear narrative.

MK1 Trailer.... disregarding the top notch CGI and voice acting.... It's just incoherent.

Fuck all that. I love when MK is about Liu Kang. I wish they'd develop him as a character more than boring ass Sonya and Johnny
To each of they're own, Imo I personally feel the games were so much better when he wasn't the main focal point. The 3D era set the tone in terms of stories and lore, We got the see the MK universe, and the other kharacter got to shine as well, Im not saying he shouldnt be in the games or story all am I saying is tone it down with the Liu centric. I keep telling ya'll ever since WB has owned the MK franchise they have been pushing Liu Kang way too hard. But one thing we both can agree on is Cage and Sonya, iconic or not I feel like they both have ran they're course, I belive they both peaked kharacter wise.

🤣 You funny as f*ck. It is obvious WB/NRS is in panic mode, they have been getting desperate and it shows. I keep saying this but MK9 was a good game but they messed up, when they killed everyone off the kasaul fans got really upset and it caused an uproar to the point it got WB in a corner. Is it why the trailers so good but the games always comes up short? Its no coniecindence and it wont be one this time, Im holding my breath on this game, they have too high of an expectation and I just kant see this game topping MKD/MK9 in terms of story, gameplay, MK is too korporate now.

I like Onaga a lot too, but I still rather see new original villains. I'm getting sick of rehashing old villains again.

Onaga at this point would be a new villain. Last time we saw him was about 20 years ago.

Plus.... NRS gave us Kronika.

I like Onaga a lot too, but I still rather see new original villains. I'm getting sick of rehashing old villains again.

NRS could not deliver a single interesting character since the end of Midway days so... Now it's time for Onaga to wipe floor again with that whimp Shao Kahn.

MK9 timeline gave Shao Kahn those weird power-ups (when killed Blaze, Raiden or Liu Kang) and downgrades (being slaughtered by Kitana), I hope new era will put that shrimp where it belong, all hail Dragon King!

I like Onaga but I'm afraid they are gonna ruin him, Oniro, King Jerrod or Argus could be great villains. The biggieest thing that pisses me off about MK is they make too many new kharacters instead of using the the ones they already have. What about the lady in jades ending? See thats why im saying, They never follow through with shit.

What about the lady in jades ending? See thats why im saying, They never follow through with shit.
Oh they did "follow" it. That's Jade's mother.... "confirmed" in a single random Tweet....

How? Why? When?

Nobody knows.