Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Seriously? You are judging the trailer for having to many action shots, What else are you suppose to show?

Plus taking lines from the trailer, that could be out of context and being used for a scene that doesn't correspond with the actual dialogue (like many trailers do) is silly. In the whole trailer there might of been 3 important pieces of dialogue and you think you've pieced together the 3-4 hour story mode? Give me a break.

This is a battle you cannot win, so don't bother. Trust me, it ain't worth it.

That piece of crap character just got a render. Still looks boring will definitely play boring what an absolute waste of time, energy and oxygen in the mortal kombat world

Don't talk about your mother like that, but Jacqui looks good. I can't wait to see how she plays.

Seriously? You are judging the trailer for having to many action shots, What else are you suppose to show?

Plus taking lines from the trailer, that could be out of context and being used for a scene that doesn't correspond with the actual dialogue (like many trailers do) is silly. In the whole trailer there might of been 3 important pieces of dialogue and you think you've pieced together the 3-4 hour story mode? Give me a break.

Hey. Ok. I have spoken. If I am wrong, I will be wrong.

I actually want to be wrong. Surprise me.

But I bet my money on this horse. We shall see on the launch.

As for trailers... what else you can show... hmm... let me think. You can setup the atmosphere, by showing scenes between characters interacting with each other. Battle scenes can be taken from gameplay entirely.

You can set the mood, as in "something big is coming". Not spell it out, but literally show it by revealing certain characters. For example. They did smart with Frost. She is in the cowl. If not for leaks, you wouldn't know what to expect underneath it.

If I did the story trailer, I would reveal the current factions. Show Liu Kang and Kitana as this existing threat. Then drop to Raiden and Special Forces setting up a plan on how to deal with Netherrealm, WHILE in the background Kronika would say her speech about being the Keeper of Time. How her perfect design was corrupted by Raiden's meddling. (some quick flashbacks to Shao Kahn and Shinnok). And then I would show her as camera zooms out and shows her allies. Thus setting up taht war is coming. That shit is gonna be big.

Instead. BOOM BOOM BOOM. Generic action trailer. All explosions, all the shooting. Why? Cause they aren't making in depth story. They showed you clearly what they are selling. Blood, violence and explosions.

And yes I am judging the trailer, based on my previosu experience with MK games and their stories. They are "turn your brain off and enjoy" type of stories. Not Lord of The Rings or Game of Thrones.

It is called an opinion, mate. No need to take it personally. My opinion doesn't really matter either way, as I am not even part of MK Fighting community anymore. NRS took care of that.

If I am wrong, and this story mode won't be a generic action flick with cliche settings. You can scream at me "TOLD YA", while I will apologize for my filthy ignorance and arrogance.

If I am right... not even gonna say told ya. You playing that game will be enough.

And yes I am judging the trailer, based on my previosu experience with MK games and their stories. They are "turn your brain off and enjoy" type of stories. Not Lord of The Rings or Game of Thrones.

If you have such ridiculous expectations from a fighting game, you only have yourself to blame.

And your idea of a trailer would only piss off the fandom. MK fans want to see action, not people talking and drinking tea.

If you have such ridiculous expectations from a fighting game, you only have yourself to blame.

And your idea of a trailer would only piss off the fandom. MK fans want to see action, not people talking and drinking tea.

Oh look a freshblood came picking a fight. A guy who speaks for everyone. Also a psychic too! Kombo!

Chill out homie, before you cross the line and get banned.

Not only you misunderstood my message and made a fool out of yourself, but you don't have a faintest idea, og what I have in mind, if your first thoughts are "talking and drinking tea".

Just a quick summary of endless pages of my posts. Nowhere have I stated that I want MK to be "Lord of the Rings". Do some research, before getting hot on your keyboard.

And they say wisdom comes with age...

They're really digging into obscure shit for this game. I absolutely love it!

D1Fkp84VsAACWqO.jpg

latest

They are "turn your brain off and enjoy" type of stories. Not Lord of The Rings or Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones IS a turn off your brain story. I can understand why you are so critical of MK, I am same way about GOT. Difference is Got has source material that is better than the current product, and previous seasons better than the recent seasons.

MK on the other hand has never had a high pedigree of story telling, you are just setting your standards to high. The game was and is not to be taken seriously. Never has. Cheesy dialogue, 4th wall breaking, over the top fatalities and extreme gore.

The game is and never has been what you are describing. It's a fighting game which the gameplay comes first.

Oh look a freshblood came picking a fight. A guy who speaks for everyone. Also a psychic too! Kombo!

Chill out homie, before you cross the line and get banned.

Not only you misunderstood my message and made a fool out of yourself, but you don't have a faintest idea, og what I have in mind, if your first thoughts are "talking and drinking tea".

Just a quick summary of endless pages of my posts. Nowhere have I stated that I want MK to be "Lord of the Rings". Do some research, before getting hot on your keyboard.

And they say wisdom comes with age...

How about you practice what you preach? You're the one who has condemned the game by literally *being* a psychic and foretelling how long the story mode will be (as if 3 hours of cutscenes during fighting is actually a disappointing number), complaining about ridiculous things like the camera zooming-in in critical hits, a fighting game trailer showing action set piece, while we all know the top reason you constantly complain about the game is the fact that your waifu *may* be bald and a cyborg. And each time you grace us with entire essays about it how NRS is ruining their game.

But sure, I'm the fool.

Yeah, a prime specimen of maturity right there. So take your own advice, 'homie'.

And wisdom doesn't come with age. It comes with experience.

Game of Thrones IS a turn off your brain story. I can understand why you are so critical of MK, I am same way about GOT. Difference is Got has source material that is better than the current product, and previous seasons better than the recent seasons.

MK on the other hand has never had a high pedigree of story telling, you are just setting your standards to high. The game was and is not to be taken seriously. Never has. Cheesy dialogue, 4th wall breaking, over the top fatalities and extreme gore.

The game is and never has been what you are describing. It's a fighting game which the gameplay comes first.

Mah man. Maybe I worded my post the wrong way or something. I am literally trying to explain why THE STORY IS EASY TO PREDICT.

I brought those examples (and I am talking books, not the TV shows/movies. I wasn't specific, so that's my fault.) to say that MK IS NOT some sort of sophisticated story that is gonna have insane PLOT TWISTS. That MK ain't LOTR or GOT. So it is easy to guess what will happen. That's what I am saying. MK Games are cheesy f%cking stories. I mean shit, I even brought MKX multiple times, to show how cheesy and cliche it was. Like really...

I think you joined the discussion late or just didn't bother reading previous posts, hence your confusion.

Like nowhere in any of my posts have I said, that I expect something great. If anything I have ZERO expectations from the game. Come on, man. I am on a f%cking PC. What f%cking high standards are you guys even talking about? Anyone on PC will get a bucket of shit thrown in their face. THAT'S our standard.

Well to be fair, when they did the first reveal trailer, I was thinking "shit... are they gonna go THIS DEEP? No way. They are actually gonna add structure to the sto... aaand nope. Stupid of me to even consider that"

But again. This entire conversation was about how it feels that Trailer showed too much. When story is simplistic, you gotta be careful. Tricks and editing won't do much, if you story is a generic bad guy vs good guy with no moral dilemma.

But like I said before. If I am wrong. I will come here and personally admit it.

But that is if I am wrong.

That's what Revenant Jade says. She died in MK9, while Baraka was still alive, Baraka died in MKX. So of course in her "world" (a.k.a time) he is dead. Because this Baraka comes from MK9 time.

According to Kronika, Raiden changed the time completely. Once he sent the message to his past self, the actions of past Raiden, made sure that future events didn't come to pass.

And here, let me show you, how they dropped the ball with both story potential and made Kronika into another generic villain with "F$ck you, that's why" motivations.

A. Timeline is one straight line.
So Kronika doesn't like how her perfect timeline got changed (she literally says that in Story Trailer). That means one thing. Timeline is a one constant line. Raiden actually erased the OG timeline, by sending a message to his past self. BUT. If timeline is one line, this creates a problem. If Raiden's actions made it, so that future events didn't happen, then that means, that future Raiden never sent a message, which means Raiden in the past couldn't receive the message, because THAT future Raiden didn't even exist to begin with. Perfect example of a Paradox.

I get your point but... Old timeline Raiden sends visions to his younger self (MK9). You have to see it as a continuation. From MK1 to MKA having happened and been continued from those events, kind of a retcon of the old timeline which still happened, otherwise there wouldn't be a new one. If Kronika has been around all the time, she knows about both new and old timelines.

Concerning Jade. She didn't really die since she is a revenant that still understands what's going on. If this Baraka was the one from MKX, why would she say they came from different worlds? "In my world you are dead" meaning that she knows Baraka has been killed by D'Vorah. But the one we see in MK11 isn't aware of that. He says: I'd prefer this fate to yours".

Another hint for some of the fighters being from the old timeline is their looks. Kano is bald and wears his MK3 outfit. His eye looks exactly like in MK3. He looks very different from other Kano.

After all, all of this is speculation. We have to wait.