Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

My best bet is Fujin and Havik are DLC. They will justify it by saying neither have been in a modern mk game so they can get the DLC route, even tho both are the most requested Male characters.

The other more requested characters Jade and Noob, have appeared in a modern mk game so I dont see them doing that as dlc, so I guess main roster

At this point, it better than not having him in and I’ll take it, but I was hoping that Fujin would have taken over for bat-shit crazy Raiden.

You think Johnny and Kano are useless. They're two of my favorite characters. :)
That’s because 1 IS a mindless henchman with no big story progression over 27 years (Kano), and the other one could also just be a nod in 1 of Cassie’s variations (Johnny), which would free up 2 more roster slots.
Don’t worry, though, because it appears that Kano might be playable, so you’ll get what you want. :)

Last edited:
My best bet is Fujin and Havik are DLC. They will justify it by saying neither have been in a modern mk game so they can get the DLC route, even tho both are the most requested Male characters.

The other more requested characters Jade and Noob, have appeared in a modern mk game so I dont see them doing that as dlc, so I guess main roster

Does NRS even feel the need to justify their choices of who is DLC and who isn't?

Kenshi was DLC in MK9 despite not missing a single core game up to that point. I think the only rule they have is "if the character appears in story mode, they should be on the core roster and not DLC," and even then that rule was broken by Tanya and Bo'Rai Cho in MKX... so actually there's no rules at all.

Dunno, but Ed Boon surely felt the need to justify “we heard the complaints and added some characters” on the stream, so.....

Does NRS even feel the need to justify their choices of who is DLC and who isn't?

Kenshi was DLC in MK9 despite not missing a single core game up to that point. I think the only rule they have is "if the character appears in story mode, they should be on the core roster and not DLC," and even then that rule was broken by Tanya and Bo'Rai Cho in MKX... so actually there's no rules at all.

The only rule I've ever heard them mention is "no repeat DLC" so if Tanya, Tremor and Bo Rai Cho don't make the base roster they probably are not coming at all.

That’s because 1 IS a mindless henchman with no big story progression over 27 years (Kano), and the other one could also just be a nod in 1 of Cassie’s variations (Johnny), which would free up 2 more roster slots.
Don’t worry, though, because it appears that Kano might be playable, so you’ll get what you want. :)

I wasn't trying to pick a fight, just saying that I disagree!

Before MKX I would have agreed with you about Kano, but his redesign made me fall head over heels in love with him. He fills a unique and awesome niche in the MK roster now, in terms of aesthetics. I really hope they give him some new material to work with in the story now.

As for Johnny, he's the heart and soul of the franchise to me. Cassie could replace some of his moves, but she can't replace him. When Raiden goes dark side in MK11, which characters are in a position to feel betrayed and let down by Raiden, and make us feel how much of a gut punch it really is? Pretty much just Johnny, since he's been following Raiden in this universe since day 1.

I wasn't trying to pick a fight, just saying that I disagree!

Before MKX I would have agreed with you about Kano, but his redesign made me fall head over heels in love with him. He fills a unique and awesome niche in the MK roster now, in terms of aesthetics. I really hope they give him some new material to work with in the story now.

As for Johnny, he's the heart and soul of the franchise to me. Cassie could replace some of his moves, but she can't replace him. When Raiden goes dark side in MK11, which characters are in a position to feel betrayed and let down by Raiden, and make us feel how much of a gut punch it really is? Pretty much just Johnny, since he's been following Raiden in this universe since day 1.

I think Cage and Kano had a major dignity buff in MKX.

Kano had always been cool, but had little use. Now, I think he's cooler, and his move set were nice, but I still think he could be better used, have more significance.

And Cage stopped being an idiot for actually being relevant, without losing his own personality. Also, he was good do play. He's not the heart and soul of the franchise to me, but I think MKX tangled him into a web that makes him a must for MK11.

I absolutely agree with the end. If Raiden goes on a rampage, I don't think Johnny will be on his side. Neither Sub-Zero. I think some rivalries will start exactly between those who follow Raiden and those who disagree. Despite the trailer I'm wondering if Scorpion won't follow him as MKX ending and will be opposite to Sub-Zero.

But tbh I think in the end all of them will have to make amends. Kronika means serious trouble.

Now, about stages, regarding the trailers what can we select (not necessarily the actual names):

Shang Tsung's Island
Black Dragon Club/hideout
SF where Johnny Cage is in the background
SF desert
Ship with canons (Nethership?)
That one that looks like a new version of Shao Kahn's arena
Shaolin Temple (they may go back to MKII, there's even a monk dead, wonder if this is where Baraka comes back)
Netherrealm place where Shinnok's head is

Waaaaaait. I just noticed. Ronda's trailer had anoter stage. One where there's a firepit and corpses burning, and there seems to be a waterfall behind. There seems to be a tribe in the background by the fire. Can't say what realm is that, but I would say Outworld.

It looks like a Tarkatan camp. It's very similar to the one in Deception where they had humans on spikes in a fire pit

Not gonna lie.

I didn't like the crushing blows at first cause they slowed down game play but after learning that it's essentially a counter hit has got me excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPyYQPgJ4sI&feature=youtu.be

Most of the costumes look like crap. Scorpion, Skarlet and Sub-Zero especially. Geras legit looks like an Injustice character. Raiden is the only one who's ok when you drop all that armor.

The only Scorpion skin that REALLY looks like Scorpion is the one at 3:00. What's with Sub-Zero's crazy colour choice? Red, Green, Purple? Fuuuuck....

I never complained about this, but the faces in this game are proper fcked up. Everyone looks like they've been hit with the ugly stick. 4:07 :rofl:

Please don't be shitty, Kotal. Please don't be shitty :lol:

Last edited:
My First impressions are mixed but positive as far as the gameplay reveal goes. Graphics still have that injustice 2 vibe about it hell, you could stick any injustice 2 character in this game and they would blend in easily. I was hoping for a different graphical style since NRS are using UE4 now. As of right now the game looks like left over assets from injustice 2 with new characters and blood thrown in. My guess they did this to save time and get the game out for the current console generation but it does make me a little disappointed.
Gameplay wise it's awesome to see them return to the mk9 neutral style as opposed to mkx's rush down. I'm on the fence about the new meter system and fatal blows which looks like Xrays without the need of meter. It reminds me tekken 7's rage art mechanic. I'll have to see more before forming a opinion. The fact that they ditched the run mechanic alone makes me more hyped for this game.

Last edited:
I think you guys, will definitely gonna get Fujin. If Skarlet made it, and holy crap she didn't have as NEARLY as many requests as Fujin, then
not including the Wind God who has been bombarding NRS public pages since MK9, would be such weak move on NRS part. It wouldn't makse sense with business model too. Supply and Demand. People are hungry for him. That means they are willing to cash in. If anything I think WB will pull greed card and put Fujin as DLC.

The more with my character Jade and Noob-Saibot.

Ed Boon is doing it again... Kano back? Really??? And that is not Rain, that is Sub-Zero.

Pfff if Kano and Johnny are back as well, there is no hope for characters like Rain, Havik and Fujin... At least kill off Fujin and give Kung Lao the wind-based powers then, if you hate Fujin so much Boon...

I'm sure they thought this way:

Put fujin and some other after 3 character in DLC, then put Skarlet in the game to shut up the people that want other characters than just the obvious bunch.

I have a strong feeling this roster is gonna suck again... Child+ Parent (Kano + Son, Cassy + Sonya + Johnny) No wonder if Kenshi shows up with Takeda again.

Ed Boon really is a annoying man sometimes with his dislike for some fan-favorite characters...

The chances of Fujin being in MK11 seem remote. I'm going to see how the roster pans out between now and March - we should start getting reveals in a week or two - before I pre-order, because if it's going to be a MKX-style roster with no robots and a lack of weird/monster-type characters, then I'd be having second thoughts.

The fact we have three variations and full customization for each character makes me think the roster size of 24 + Shao Kahn is probably accurate, as I think a lot of people expected a larger roster but with perhaps no (or only two) variations.

This also means we're once again stuck with characters like Sonya and Kano and the other usual suspects, who will largely be recycled from MKX. I wasn't impressed with the characters they showed off, no one seemed interested in Sub-Zero (I don't think any of the devs even mentioned him, despite him being one of the 7) and I agree with the criticisms of Geras looking like an Injustice character. We've yet to see Kronika in action but based purely on their appearances and overall style they don't feel very MK to me.

It'd be nice to see Havik, Reiko and Fujin but based on the initial reveal and the look of the gameplay/cinematic/making of videos we've been shown so far, I don't expect to see any of them. (Human) Smoke and Rain look like they may be in, however, which is something at least.

I disagree. Skarlet looks HIDEOUS. The "let me see your manager" haircut, the massive head, the chubby face with a massive jaw and eyes way too far apart, the stupid hat with goggles... Outfits look like burkas. Not sure why they had to cover it all up, she was supposed to absorb blood through her skin.

NRS really has a lot of issues with character modelling. Not sure what's going on with them.

Well. I went through all videos I could find. Hmmm. Yeah. My final thoughts about it. Now while that won't stop me from buying the game and playing it, I must say. I am disappointed.

That's what I actually feel. Not happy, but not angry. Just disappointed.

This looks like Mortal Kombat, if it was done by Christopher Nolan. Like someone here said. If Injustice 2 characters were put in here, they would blend in perfectly.

It isn't just the gameplay that feels like that. Everyone looks and feels the same. Geras and Kronika feel more like supervillains from DC Universe. Skarlet... she doesn't look special or different. She looks like someone who came from X-men movie. Human with mutant powers. Baraka design... I don't think they even try anymore. Sonya Blade, aside the face, is copy paste from MKX.

Ironically characters as stand alone look good, but if you look at them as part of Mortal Kombat lore. They are boring and bland.

There is no exotic atmosphere. It is supposed to be Gods, Demons, Undead, Dragons, Mystical creatures like Skarlet that were constructed by villains to be this perfect soldiers. But I don't see anything like that in MK11. It is all grounded to the point it is boring.

Just meh. I still want to play it. But for the first time. I just want to play it, so I could experience the story. I am not really feeling characters. Any of them. Of course they still have to reveal other characters. But the way they are going, I am getting a feeling, my mind won't be changed.

That's all.