Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I figure every character from mk9 that didnt make the leap to x will be playable. Hang on to the past, afraid to leap into the future. The only bright side is if they do that maybe no Kombat kids

I wonder if guest characters will get their own outfits that you can make. If Doomguy, Spawn and Michael Myers make into the game, I can see the possiblies that they can use. Doomguy can have his modern look, his classic look and Doom N64 look.

London stream just confirmed Liu Kang and Kung Lao as playable, showed Kitana and Cassie in story mode.

I'll watch some gameplay but generally I'm disappointed. Glad I waited for this before I pre-ordered.

Yeah. I liked the gameplay mechanics, just need to see how actual players play it, instead of pre-programmed script.

There were some interesting things in the backgrounds.

Johnny Cage was there and Shinnok's head placed in a special space in the wall in what looked a Netherrealm Throne Room.

All the stages also seemed to be in a state of war. Sonya also appeared t be storming the Netherrealm, I think she's helping Raiden.

Raiden is probably doing what he did on his ending and is attacking everybody first, I guess this game will be all about war and time travel.

I've secretly counted on as many PS2 era characters as possible but AGAIN, rooster it just too safe.

I loved vanilla MK3 and Deception for radical roster changes but it prolly won't happen again :/

The gameplay looks damn of. I saw hero Liu Kang and revenant Liu Kang. They both look amazing. So this story looks. Focused on chronika Liu Raiden and the original 7. Well most of them

Liu Kang was shown in the US gameplay trailer getting beat by Raiden. He was a Revenant.

There was also like 2" of a cutscene of Liu Kang and Kung Lao fighting their revenant selves on the other stream while Ketchup and Mustard were talking.

London stream just confirmed Liu Kang and Kung Lao as playable, showed Kitana and Cassie in story mode.

I saw Liu Kang and Kung Lao, but missed Kitana and Cassie. Probaly because I was checking if the LA stream was already in action again.

Man, I’ll have to consult my doctor regarding sodium intake after all this salt!

Overall I thought the game looked really fun. Super smooth, clean animations, the fatalities shown were pretty cool, and Baraka is back. Without the hat, I didn’t mind Skarlett’s look either. I like the customization too, because I’ll be able to use costume variations I’ve loved from past MK’s.

Last edited:
I think overall the game looks amazing, it looks to be a huge leap from the already impressive MKX. I am not a fan of Sub-Zero's headgear though, what was shown looks too much like it came from injustice to me but there should be quite a few options so I'm sure I'll find something I like. I'm also not a fan of Sonya's entire head lol, it just looks shaped oddly. I also hope we can greatly reduce the size of the HUD, there is way too much on screen and I am a bit concerned about some of the characters looking like they have too many pieces to their costume just to have gear included.

Liu Kang was shown in the US gameplay trailer getting beat by Raiden. He was a Revenant.

He also appeared with Kung Lao getting trapped in a cage in what seemed to be a shaolin location after a fight with Scorpion.

That's when Kronika says he has chosen the wrong destiny again.

(Both were human)