Injustice 2

idk im not as thrilled about it as other fans. dont get me wrong I loved the first game. i love anything superhero related. I just think i rather have a new Mk related game. As much as im a big comic fan im an even bigger Mk fan.

it's happening soon, boon updated his pic too on twitter. someone asked if it meant Injustice 2 or MK 11 but it's clearly the roman numeral for two. worst case scenario, confirmation goes as late as Jun 14-16 during E3 but even if they make the announcement sooner, it will be for injustice 2 indeed

it's happening soon, boon updated his pic too on twitter. someone asked if it meant Injustice 2 or MK 11 but it's clearly the roman numeral for two. worst case scenario, confirmation goes as late as Jun 14-16 during E3 but even if they make the announcement sooner, it will be for injustice 2 indeed

I'm not on Twitter alot, but that's cool to hear! Hopefully it will indeed mean Injustice 2 is underway! :D

I love DC but I was hoping Boon's twitter picture meant 11 as in MK 11. Yeah, way too soon but I'd rather have more MK from Netherrealm studios.

I'm glad that NRS are doing some other stuff that aren't just Mortal Kombat. And Injustice was the first good DCU fighter, while Marvel has had several (thanks to Capcom). Though I'm not that much of a DCU fan, I LOVE the Batman characters (specifically Nightwing, Catwoman and Harley) and also grown fond of the Teen Titans due to the animated series (as well as the Young Justice animated show).

I was so disappointed in how little we were able to play as both Nightwing and Catwoman in the Arkham series, so Injustice has been my only way to play as them (and the only good game with them).

Plot twist:
It could turn out to be Shaolin Monks 2.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Plot twist:
It could turn out to be Shaolin Monks 2.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

That could indeed be a possibility as well, and that would be okay too. However, I would rather have an all new adventure game than a Shaolin Monks sequel. The gameplay was fun, but the story and script were absolutely atrocious!

Last edited:
I love DC but I was hoping Boon's twitter picture meant 11 as in MK 11. Yeah, way too soon but I'd rather have more MK from Netherrealm studios.

Mortal Kombat 2011 isn't officially acknowledged as MK9. It's why they specifically said that the "X" in MKX referred to the "Next generation"

So MK11 won't actually be called MK11

Mortal Kombat 2011 isn't officially acknowledged as MK9. It's why they specifically said that the "X" in MKX referred to the "Next generation"

Well Mortal Kombat that was released 2011 isn't really called MK9, and MK vs DCU isn't really called MK8, but they are still considered such and people will most likely call the next MK for MK11. Odd enough, people don't call MK: Deadly Alliance for MK5, even though the logo was a big fat V (Roman number for 5). Same with MKD and MKA.

*shrugs*

Anyways, Injustice 2!

Edit:
I'm so blind, hadn't seen this thread:

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/33457-Injustice-2-rumored-for-2017-release

You can continue the discussion there, if you wish. ^^

Last edited:

But that's how Ed Boon referred to the new MK game in the poll - as MK11 so it would only be consistent. Besides the name of the game need not be final at this point, whatever game NRS is working on at this point, it is still far from being finished. Having said that, I am 99% sure the next game is Injustice 2. I have little to no hope that we will get anything MK related until they are done with Injustice 2.

I remember in an early MKX interview saying the X means multiple things such as Next Generation, Next Generation of consoles, and the tenth game in the series.

Boon just tweeted "maximus & mini mole" I searched Google and couldn't find anything related. Must be some type of clue.

Boon just tweeted "maximus & mini mole" I searched Google and couldn't find anything related. Must be some type of clue.
a3989335da0ec61cd98c57ada6d0be89.jpg

Maxima...?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Could be talking about The Atom, Atom Smasher, Giganta, heck might even be talking about Big Barda.