Who's REALLY interesting in KP2?

MKXGoon101

Cause I'm not at this point. With everything else coming out, and Ed Boon going to great lengths to ignore the fans questions about the games and only address useless tweets, I'm already forgetting that a KP2 is coming out.

If they were to just say WHO they are, that would keep me at bay until it actually came out. But until then, MKX will continue to collect dust.

EDIT: Meant to say interested in the title. Oops.

I'm still holding on to my interest. I still play when I'm in the mood. Having a lot of fun expanding the amount of fighters I'm good with. So I'm excited for more.

They'll market it when the time is right. Everyone said MKX had terrible marketing when info took a 4 month hiatus last year, then it turns out it was the best selling game for the first half of 2015.

So they don't really care if your copy is collecting dust until it comes time for them to sell you something, which isn't yet. I mean why would they promote it? You can't even pre-order it yet.

With the way NRS has been silent for some time, I forgot about the possibility for more DLC. The longer they wait, the more sales are going to suffer. Most people will stop playing after a couple of months,with high possibly of trading it in, especially when there are newer games to look forward too. Personally, I'm at point where I'm just grinding for Krypt content. I'm slowly playing it less in favor of playing other games in my backlog.

Last edited:
Haven't played MKX in a month or so now. I do pop on to this forum from time to time to check for info/leaks/rumours, though. I will probably buy some of the DLC characters - depending who they are, obviously - and start playing again, but we'll see how things are at release. MKX is a great game but I've not been motivated to play it in a while, and NRS' radio silence is a really sh1tty move. When everyone thought they were making more DLC they were obviously just counting the money until WB gave them the go-ahead to commence round two. That was a lot of wasted time.

I'm not interested, i stopped playing MKX, and don't care about it. Never buying PC version of a MK game again.

Personally, I'm at point where I'm just grinding for Krypt content. I'm slowing playing it less in favor of playing other games in my backlog.

Same here.
Whenever I DO play MKX, I'm basically just Faction leveling to get the Dragon King set.
Once I have the Dragon King card set again and I've unlocked the whole Krypt, I'll probably put MKX down until the KP2.
IF KP2 has Fujin in it, then he will be my new main and I'll drop Sub-Zero, Takeda and Jacqui to pick him up as my main.
If Fujin isn't in KP2 then I may just get the 4 compatibility patches and skip KP2, and just call it a day.

It's really whatever for me. I got a good amount of enjoyment out of this game before other games took over my interest. It may bring me back to play, it might not. Whatever it does, all I know is that it will peek my interest to see what we're getting.

I do care and i'm still playing the game, not so often, but still playing. If any of the characters i'd like to be on KP2 (Fujin, Rain, Sindel, Reiko and Jade) actually be there, i'll come back to play it even more. Even the new stages (or stage) will make me come back to play it a bit more.

If they were to just say WHO they are, that would keep me at bay until it actually came out. But until then, MKX will continue to collect dust.

EDIT: .

It doesn't matter. Once the novelty of the new characters wear off then causals will drop the game. I never understood why people pick up a fighting game if they have no interest in competitive play.

It doesn't matter. Once the novelty of the new characters wear off then causals will drop the game. I never understood why people pick up a fighting game if they have no interest in competitive play.

I think there's a percentage of fans that are in it for the ladders and story which is why they don't play for long. I'd fall in to that category but I still play often. I enjoy getting better anyways if I decided to join the online crowd again.

Yup.
Competitive play (online) sucks big time, due to lag, so there's no real reason to play online.
Apart from that, I don't see many offline tourneys near my area, or if there are offline tourneys in my area they're during the times when I work at my job (late shift), so it's not like I can just take unlimited time off to go ahead and do that.

Post-Gamespy, MK9 severs are way better than MKX.
MKX servers are horrible, and this coming from someone with lightning fast internet, connected straingt to the router via Cat6 cable.
Everything else I use online for on the PS4, very fast.
MKX online, terrible lag.

If KP2 is rumored to have Meat, Sindel, and Baraka, then count me out.

Please NO MEAT!!!!

I really can't be interested unless I know and what is in it.

If it has Li Mei, Sareena, Sindel, Nitara, Jade, and/or any other female character in it with skins such as UMK3 Kitana, MK4 Tanya, UMK3 Mileena, and more skins for those 3 girls, then I'll get those. And maybe if there is Alien too. But other than that, I'm saving money for better things.

If KP2 is rumored to have Meat, Sindel, and Baraka, then count me out.

Meat? Yikes, I'd take Drahmin or Havik over Meat.

Why can't they just combine Meat and Drahmin in to one character. Meat is a painfully generic character. I understand he was a secret character from MK4 but Drahmin and Havik make far more interesting walking corpse characters.

I haven't touched MK9 since early August. Until I got in a relationship.(over a month now).

I felt the same enjoyment like the day it released. I have fun playing it with her and her peoples. They never played it too so it really felt new again.

I will buy KP2 definitely.

I've shelved it for now, but I still hop on weekly for the Premier towers.
When I'm finished with Transformers, I'll probably hop back onto my daily routine. But once Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3 come out it's game over for MKX. And the only thing that'll bring me back is KP2. I honestly don't even care if it only has characters I hate, I'll just be excited to see something new in the game.