Kombat Pack 2 Reveal tomorrow!

I'd welcome Bo if he became a more serious character. Instead of puking, have him spill wine.

Bo' Rai Cho would need a SERIOUS revamp for me to accept him. As he was in story mode, I didn't mind it. He was focused and serious yet still took a swig from his flask (or whatever that was). But one single reference to what made me hate him in the first place... could ruin it for me.

Far left shadow is Baraka, the second to the right looks like Fujin to me, and the far right shadow is Bo Rai Cho, I can't seem to recognize the second to the left, but it seems like it might be Sareena.
I'd be very disappointed if we won't get Reiko, but Fujin has to be included, also I'm not quite sure if these shadows are just placeholders or not, it would not make sense for them to just hint so much towards certain characters only to completely swerve us, but its pretty lame that I can already tell who these characters are...

Far left shadow is Baraka, the second to the right looks like Fujin to me, and the far right shadow is Bo Rai Cho, I can't seem to recognize the second to the left, but it seems like it might be Sareena.
I'd be very disappointed if we won't get Reiko, but Fujin has to be included, also I'm not quite sure if these shadows are just placeholders or not, it would not make sense for them to just hint so much towards certain characters only to completely swerve us, but its pretty lame that I can already tell who these characters are...

You think you can guess but chances are you're completely wrong.

Cross-posting my ~experiment~ from TYM.

So this all might be a troll with decoy silhouettes, but operating under the assumption that it's real I took the image into Photoshop. I brightened and high-contrasted the hell out of it:

kp2 brightened.jpg

From there I'm trying to superimpose models and see what we get. IMO it's clear that the leftmost is Baraka and the rightmost is Bo' Rai Cho.

kp2 baraka.jpg

I've noted the obvious tells with red lines: the bald head, the rope bracers on the shoulders and biceps, and -- most tellingly -- the weird-ass shape of the arms, which is Baraka-specific and is very dramatic in MKX.

kp2 bo rai cho.jpg

This one everybody seems to agree on, but just for the record -- the high ponytail, the collar, the angle of the shoulder, the rolled-up sleeves (a feature unique to BRC, as far as I can tell), and the rounded belly.

The other two I'm less sure about, so I'm trying different options.

kp2 frost sindel.jpg

The second figure could be a guest, or -- based on the assumption that there ought to be a female -- it might be Sindel or Frost. Both of these female models have reasonably broad shoulders.

It's hard to figure out what's going on with this silhouette because it's the least distinct. The odd head shape, to me, looks like it's actually just messed up by the smoky background. How much of that blackness is actually the character's head? Similar darkness can be seen to Baraka's upper left, so the character silhouettes aren't the only part of the image in that color. It may be that the smoke is moving and in the current frame it makes the head look weird.

The thick neck has me leaning toward Sindel's high collar, but I'm also super biased and always wishfully thinking when it comes to Sindel, so grain of salt. The hair texture on the side by the ears doesn't seem to match either model, but I imagine Sindel's model would be altered into a non-revenant design.

It could also, however, be Rain:

kp2 rain.jpg

(Please excuse my awesome art skills.)

The final figure is either Fujin or a cyborg:

kp2 sektor fujin.jpg

Fujin's silhouette would have a weird head shape similar to this one because of the way his hair is pulled back. There's also a shoulder pauldron of some kind that looks like the ones he wears.

That said, while I'd like it to be Fujin, it seems more likely to me that the boxy protuberances on the sides of the head reflect the cyborg grill-type things that Sektor and Cyrax have on their faces as part of their ninja 'mask'.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

This may all be a troll, of course, because this Boon RT suggests the person might have guessed the silhouettes. The implausibility of Bo' Rai Cho aside, it's impossible for me to believe they'd do Sweet Tooth or Master Chief right now even though both have been rumored in the past.

I will say I can easily see the second shadow being Frost or Sindel, but unfortunately not Rain since he was already DLC in the past, and aside from the distorted Purple picture you won't be able to see a ponytail, as for the others, I'm gonna stick with Baraka Fujin and Bo Rai Cho.

I could totally see it being Baraka/[SindelOrFrost]/[CyborgOrFujin]/BRC, but after that Boon tweet I feel like it's more likely these are joke silhouettes and we won't see Baraka or BRC in the actual KP2.

With Baraka my major question is how the variations would work. Reptile's are pretty bare-bones, for example, but his concept lent itself to a little more outside-the-box thinking. Baraka's got, like. The blades. That's about it. He can do cool stuff with them, but what would the variation difference be? Rain and Sindel, of the NPCs, are much easier to imagine with three variations.

Sindel, Bo Rai Cho and Fujin are some of my most "I couldn't care less" characters in the series. But I would gladly welcome them if it meant I got my Tarkatan back.

Sindel, Bo Rai Cho and Fujin are some of my most "I couldn't care less" characters in the series. But I would gladly welcome them if it meant I got my Tarkatan back.

I feel the same about Baraka, Fujin, and BRC, but I will take them all for Sindel. Perhaps we will both be happy. Pulling 4 you and yr toothy dude.

If we get even one more guest I am gonna be annoyed. TWO? I'd be livid. There are so many great MK characters who'd be awesome to see in MKX.

This may all be a troll, of course, because this Boon RT suggests the person might have guessed the silhouettes. The implausibility of Bo' Rai Cho aside, it's impossible for me to believe they'd do Sweet Tooth or Master Chief right now even though both have been rumored in the past.

I don't think that suggests the silhouettes are a troll at all. Boon's just teasing that those guesses could be right, he's done the exact same thing before with past teases.

I don't think that suggests the silhouettes are a troll at all. Boon's just teasing that those guesses could be right, he's done the exact same thing before with past teases.

Yeah, and if they're correct they're absurd and clearly a troll.

I'm still skeptical that Bo' Rai Cho is happening, in any case, and that's definitely him on the far right.

But we shall see!

I could totally see it being Baraka/[SindelOrFrost]/[CyborgOrFujin]/BRC, but after that Boon tweet I feel like it's more likely these are joke silhouettes and we won't see Baraka or BRC in the actual KP2.

With Baraka my major question is how the variations would work. Reptile's are pretty bare-bones, for example, but his concept lent itself to a little more outside-the-box thinking. Baraka's got, like. The blades. That's about it. He can do cool stuff with them, but what would the variation difference be? Rain and Sindel, of the NPCs, are much easier to imagine with three variations.

Goddammit people. Stop giving me false hopes about Frost.