Fire & Ice - Slight SPOILERS

Should NRS make Fire & Ice Next?

• Hell Yes!!! It Will Sell like Hotcakes!!!

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Nah, no more ninjas focus on someone else.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Just Let it Go! NRS won't do it, it's done and dusted, it's all about the kids Now.

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Zer0degreez

Given that both NRS has the funding now and that Kuai Liang and Hanzo Hasashi have made peace, how would you feel about NRS reigniting the proposed Fire and Ice game?

Personally MKMSZ and MKMSM are two of my favourite games, I loved the game play (MKMSZ's not too hard once you get past the wind stage), the content and story, acting could have been better in both but hey now that they have the funding and talent for it that should be no problem.

We've got a couple of years till MK11, hopefully MKMF&I will happen between then. I really think it could be one of the hottest story adventure/beatem ups of all time. The question is will NRS and WB do it???

I'm sorry but I disagree with you about MKMSZ not being hard after the wind stage. That game is really difficult.

I think it would be awesome if they did this type of game, but I think I would be disappointed with the overall product. I would rather they focus on the main fighting games, and while there probably will be a Injustice 2 I would rather they just get to work right away on MK11. I really don't like waiting 4 years between MK games.

Everyone seems to want MKF&I, I'm into the idea, but it's not something I'd buy.
I'd enjoy them to have it though, seeing something like a new alliance where you could play story-wise through Scorpion and Sub-Zero somewhat like MKSM.
Summary post short,
I'd enjoy the game, but I wouldn't spend my own money on it. I'd watch the scenes and fatalities via YouTube.

EDIT:
Just noticed you said 'between MK11'
In this case, NO. I'd rather MK11 happen with no major delays.

'TAKE MY MONEY' would sum up how I feel about the idea of MK Fire and Ice. I'd like to think it's on the cards now that NRS has WB's backing, but I'm defo not holding my breath. In my fantasies it has God of War aesthetics with the player switching between Sub-Zero and Scorpion from chapter to chapter, similar to Kain and Raziel in Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

An Shaolin Monks type game would be great. I was just thinking about that the other day, not F&I specifically but that would be great too. My idea was MK:Red Dragon or something like that were you chase Daegon through the realms to kill him and bring down the RD, Takeda and Kenshi would be the main characters with Taven, Scorpion and Jacqui thrown in too. There would be multiple cameos obviously. Then I realised it probably doesn't have enough star power to sell well, but I think the story has some potential and would tie some loose ends in the story :hmmmm2:

I wouldn't really be interested myself, but it'd be an easy cash grab. I'd just hope they'd hire another team to do it, so it didn't distract them from the main series.

I will love MKSM with updated mechanics, graphics and more locations. I'am a sucker for good beat em up, especially when it's have a great lore behind it.

Re: Fire & Ice - Slight SPOILERS

If they can hit The level or embrace it of mortal kombat shaolin monks I would have no problems with it

MKSM was totally amazing, it was a long story mode with a lot of extra's & secrets! Man this has to happen someday right? The tech is there, it doesnt have to look as good as lets say The Order or what ever, just make it fun to play with a cool combo system like in MKSM 10/10 would buy 10 copies!

Mythologies Sub-Zero was awesome. Got it on N64 as a kid. It was hard af tho after the wind stage. Not sure what you're talking about. I never made it past the Earth Elemental and that's mostly because I died A LOT fighting that damn water elemental in the sewers and what not. haha

I'm Mr. Ice. What do you think? LOL. Of course I'd love to see this game made! With next-gen it would only look stunning. They can easily pull it off. They have everything they need.

I can already imagine it. One long story mode. 8 hours of gameplay. 3 options -> You play either as Scorpion, or as Sub-Zero or as both. You can play both singleplayer and multiplayer - either locally or online. Achievements - for eg. based on difficulty or speedrun. Story would continue after MKX, but also investigate pre-MK1 and pre-Mythologies. See more about their families, how they grew up and came to be. Learn also more about Noob and Saibot. Cameos by Shang Tsung, Quan-Chi, Raiden, Sareena, Shinnok, Fujin, Elder Gods, Great Kung Lao, Goro, Kitana, Gorbak, Jerrod, Reptile, Ermac, Kenshi, Takeda, Sektor, Cyrax... Gameplay same as MK9/X -> 2.5D. Only thing I would change is move the camera more far away.

Last edited:
NRS should move on to bigger and better ideas. A fighting game with an adventure mode, maybe? But, not limited to Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

I'm sorry but I disagree with you about MKMSZ not being hard after the wind stage. That game is really difficult.

I think it would be awesome if they did this type of game, but I think I would be disappointed with the overall product. I would rather they focus on the main fighting games, and while there probably will be a Injustice 2 I would rather they just get to work right away on MK11. I really don't like waiting 4 years between MK games.

Agreed, but the biggest problem is its counter-intuitiveness, not the difficulty per se. The AI it's cheap and unforgiving as hell.

I'm ok with they taking 4/5 years of development between each game of the franchise, i believe it gives them time to develop and balance stuff properly. I don't want the same bussiness model as CoD of BF, having little tweeks between each game of the ip. I prefer they follow and constantly update and re-balance their already released game...

'TAKE MY MONEY' would sum up how I feel about the idea of MK Fire and Ice. I'd like to think it's on the cards now that NRS has WB's backing, but I'm defo not holding my breath. In my fantasies it has God of War aesthetics with the player switching between Sub-Zero and Scorpion from chapter to chapter, similar to Kain and Raziel in Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

I think (from the experience of MK 3d games and previous konquest mode) NRS don't have neither the experience nor the team to develop an engaging 3d action platform game... It's true that a 2.5 platform game in this era is a bit outdated and MKMSZ doesn't hold up to this date, gameplay-wise, but if NRS have to (or want to) do them themselves, 2.5d would be better...

I wouldn't really be interested myself, but it'd be an easy cash grab. I'd just hope they'd hire another team to do it, so it didn't distract them from the main series.

^This...

I will love MKSM with updated mechanics, graphics and more locations. I'am a sucker for good beat em up, especially when it's have a great lore behind it.

I want this to, but they should do a huge revision of their lore and rework it until everything fits perfectly.

It WILL sell like hotcakes because a) Mortal Kombat and b) Scorpion & Sub-Zero.

Agreed, but they should think the story thoroughly!

Given that both NRS has the funding now and that Kuai Liang and Hanzo Hasashi have made peace, how would you feel about NRS reigniting the proposed Fire and Ice game?

We've got a couple of years till MK11, hopefully MKMF&I will happen between then. I really think it could be one of the hottest story adventure/beatem ups of all time. The question is will NRS and WB do it???

I was 1 of the few people that have been wanting an MK: Fire and Ice game, way before I heard that it was even cancelled, but now that NRS has covered Kuai and Hanzo making peace in MKX and Scorpion killing Quan Chi, what would be the point?
If the point of an MK Fire and Ice game was to bury the hatchet and kill Quan Chi and Quan Chi is dead in MKX, then what's the point?

My original hope was that they would do a Shaolin Monks type of thing with Sub-Zero and Scorpion, with Fire and Ice being an in-between game, taking place between the events of either MKII and MK3 or MK3 and MK4.
I don't see a need for that now, though, sadly, since Quan Chi is dead, Smoke is dead, Sektor is dead, Noob Saibot is nowhere to be found and Cyrax is also nowhere to be found.
All the key characters that would have made for an excellent Fire and Ice game either made up in MKX, are dead or are nowhere to be found.
Do not want.
My hype for an MK Fire and Ice game is dead.

I wouldn't mind, throw in the Protege's as well.

Lin Kuei -

Sub-Zero
Frost

Shirai Ryu -

Scorpion
Takeda

Than have unlocks such as...

Kenshi
Noob
Sareena
Smoke

And the such.

It doesn't sound as fun, now that MKX essentially gave us that, though.

Who would be the final boss of a Fire and Ice game?
Quan Chi is dead, Shinnok is a severed head which is partially alive (if only as a head) and Shao Kahn is dead.