How do people get the game so early ?

Review copies or they have some sources, games are being shipped earlier to the stores.
Game is releasing in 8-9 days and reviews should be published even day before the release.

Might be smaller shops that have received copies already, but don't care about release dates.

My hometown where I grew, population about 10 000, had albums etc. avalaible as purchase mutliple times before official release date.

Used to have a few mom and pop's game stores that would break street dates but Gamestop pushed them out.

nobodys allowed the game yet coz Barakas not in yet.

once hes in then everybody can have a copy :)
or even 2 if they wish

nobodys allowed the game yet coz Barakas not in yet.

once hes in then everybody can have a copy :)
or even 2 if they wish

I'm glad he is not in. Baraka outstayed his welcome.

OT: Mom and pop shops breaking street dates. Its rather annoying.

The majority of the world does not care for street/release dates. Places like Russia, UAE(Dubai), etc... will sell the game as soon as their stores receive it.

The majority of the world does not care for street/release dates. Places like Russia, UAE(Dubai), etc... will sell the game as soon as their stores receive it.

I live in Lebanon, and we get the game like months late lol. I'm glad I preordered online.

I live in Lebanon, and we get the game like months late lol. I'm glad I preordered online.

Months late? Hhmm, I guess times have changed. I have family in Lebanon, and last time I visited (2002) I remember my cousin taking me to places where we could buy games for dirt cheap, and hella early.

I just went on instagram and looked up "#MortalKombatX"
Turns out actually a lot of people already got it in UAE.
When people went into the comments asking them to post up vids of story, (some did. there are vids of the ending up) most said they're gonna respect the creators and not promote the games spoilers until after the 14th.

Cause they don't shop at mainstream places like Gamestop, Walmart, etc. There used to be a place in my town called Game Champ that would sell games early. My friend got Black Ops 2 there a week before release.

Maybe thieves? :thumbsup: Or maybe some people that preordered the game (G2A has it quite cheap: https://www.g2a.com/r/mkx_bestprice I haven't seen any cheaper around) are recieving it randomly before the official release? Highly unlikely, but hey, nothing's impossible.
You forget that this is about digital copy, Steam version. You can't play the game until Steam unlocks the game on official release day, especially since there hasn't been (afaik) pre-load option. And even if there was, all the game files are heavily crypted. And finally, if someone actually de-cryped the files, there's no way he / she would've done it this fast.

Anyone know any mom and pops in nyc that's selling the game early? I remember I got MW2 a week early from a store but it sadly closed a few years back.

It's not theft, but it is breaking street date -- which can get stores in a significant amount of trouble if caught.

It's not theft, but it is breaking street date -- which can get stores in a significant amount of trouble if caught.

Stores that are not in NA or EU aren't really worried about trouble for 2 reasons: 1) Most companies won't even bother going after them because it's a waste of resources with little to no effect. 2) Nothing will change.