Perfect game to send Baraka packing

goro15

While I am a big fan and he's probably my favourite character of the series, because of his unique and evil look, unique and special moves + story potential, I could live with him not being in any 'main' games other than the Trilogy's and Armageddon's from here on out IF they include him in MKX since it is clear NRS does not want to develop him, which of course their choice.

Still I don't think anyone can deny with the next-gen graphics and possibilities, how awesome a character like Baraka could be. He's in the story as well and would just fit perfectly as the general of Mileena's army, thus playable. I just wish NRS would have the common sense to include him, even if it is for the last time.

Also, how can you not find the name awesome? It sounds strong, dark and fits him to a T. If only..

R.I.P. Baraka

P.S. the tease photo of the achievements is a big FU to Baraka fans in my opinion. Completely unnecessary to use that when you know people are going to think he's in.

I don't think any of the MK characters should be written off entirely. They can always come back. Just look at Hsu Hao! Ed Boon wrote him off right after MKA, yet he made an appearance in the MKX comic. Even Hsu Hao made a return, even though it was incredibly short.

And Baraka is too popular and well-liked for that to happen anyways.

You are a person who can deal with not having a favorite in a game. I see so many people on forums flipping out with "No someone? No buy!"

Props to you.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Well, he could always be DLC along with Fujin and Reiko. Call me crazy, but I dont think the Kombat Pack will be all the DLC we get.

I didn't expect him to be left out actually. When ermac's trailer came out, I was sure baraka'd be in.
But he is just a placefiller to be kicked around all of story mode with 5 lines so I wouldn't mind his departure.

I didn't expect him to be left out actually. When ermac's trailer came out, I was sure baraka'd be in.
But he is just a placefiller to be kicked around all of story mode with 5 lines so I wouldn't mind his departure.

Placefiller? When did you become a fan? Ironic to come from a Tanya fan.

I do agree Baraka would be great for MKX for the more realistic and dark tone. I believe all characters will benefit from that. But I'm assuming Baraka wouldn't have much room for the story. But when it came to the roster, Baraka, along with many other favorites including mine, got the short end of the stick. I respect NRS' decisions. Although chances are weak, these characters have a second chance as dlc but we know how that works.

I personally was hoping for Kabal although I knew it wasn't likely at all. But that's fine because I love nearly all the MK characters. Let these characters air out and feel fresh for the next time. We most likely will see Baraka and Kabal in the roster of a future game.

Placefiller? When did you become a fan? Ironic to come from a Tanya fan.

Stop being so offended at an opinion. You're appearing very childish.
Tanya contributes way more to the story than Baraka, so it's not ironic at all. but this thread isn't becoming another tanya comparison thread.
Alright, so if you're so sure that baraka would contribute so much to the story, why was he only in MK9s story to get his ass kicked constantly by everyone, and only had 3 to 4 lines? As if that's important.
As I said, I want him to be in MKX, but I know if he was in, he'd only be in to say 4 to 5 lines and get his ass kicked around again.

You are a person who can deal with not having a favorite in a game. I see so many people on forums flipping out with "No someone? No buy!"

Props to you.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Agreed! A lot of people are super needy with certain characters in here. I was a Smoke/Sektor guy in MK9 and am beyond stoked for this game to come out! And I'm sure this isn't the last MK game ever, so we'll definitely see the Barakas, Smokes, Noobs, Robots, etc back sometime. Who knows we could get a Compilation game in a couple of years just like Trilogy and Armageddon!

Buy enjoy what we have and so far, MKX looks like it's going to be the most expansive, best MK game yet!!

Tanya contributes way more to the story than Baraka, so it's not ironic at all. but this thread isn't becoming another tanya comparison thread.
Alright, so if you're so sure that baraka would contribute so much to the story, why was he only in MK9s story to get his ass kicked constantly by everyone, and only had 3 to 4 lines? As if that's important.
As I said, I want him to be in MKX, but I know if he was in, he'd only be in to say 4 to 5 lines and get his ass kicked around again.

Not saying Baraka contributes more than Tanya but how does she contribute way more? I dont even think she will be in an MK story again.

In his defense... That is 3-4 lines more than Tanya had.... Punching dummy > being chained up in the background imo

Baraka's problem is that even though he's unique, he's role is and will be henchman and body guard. I personally don't see that much potential to improve his story.

Not saying Baraka contributes more than Tanya but how does she contribute way more? I dont even think she will be in an MK story again.

Tanya has contributed in the past storyline major plots. Not recent ones.
She was a key in Shinnok being able to invade in MK4, and was responsible for, somehow, bringing the entire netherrealm army into edenia. She assisted the deadly alliance by being the ambassador of the army, and assisted in bringing Onaga to edenia to destroy the realm. She was also, ironically, the reason Shinnok was defeated by Liu Kang, because of her failure to trick Liu Kang.
That's basically a dumbed down summary of her main points along the games, while baraka had no important purposes other than to lead the Tarkatan camps through every game and to actually be that character who is kicked around most of the time.
I'm still a big baraka fan but if he was to return, he'd only be doing what he's done in the past 1-9 games. And it's feeling like they're giving that role to Ferra/Torr and D'Vorah for this game.

In his defense... That is 3-4 lines more than Tanya had.... Punching dummy > being chained up in the background imo

Response ^
-------

Now to everyone else in the thread:

I will no longer reply to any tanya plots. This is not a 'Tanya Story Contribute' thread. I've made my points and I've shared my opinion on why Baraka will probably not be in MKX even though I was hoping he would be. No longer will I drag out the same points I am asked to share in off topic threads every other day.

Tanya has contributed in the past storyline major plots. Not recent ones.
She was a key in Shinnok being able to invade in MK4, and was responsible for, somehow, bringing the entire netherrealm army into edenia. She assisted the deadly alliance by being the ambassador of the army, and assisted in bringing Onaga to edenia to destroy the realm. She was also, ironically, the reason Shinnok was defeated by Liu Kang, because of her failure to trick Liu Kang.
That's basically a dumbed down summary of her main points along the games, while baraka had no important purposes other than to lead the Tarkatan camps through every game and to actually be that character who is kicked around most of the time.
I'm still a big baraka fan but if he was to return, he'd only be doing what he's done in the past 1-9 games. And it's feeling like they're giving that role to Ferra/Torr and D'Vorah for this game.

Response ^
-------

Now to everyone else in the thread:

I will no longer reply to any tanya plots. This is not a 'Tanya Story Contribute' thread. I've made my points and I've shared my opinion on why Baraka will probably not be in MKX even though I was hoping he would be. No longer will I drag out the same points I am asked to share in off topic threads every other day.

Lol I also think Tanya had more lines in her MK4 ending than Baraka had in MK9 :)

Baraka's problem is that even though he's unique, he's role is and will be henchman and body guard. I personally don't see that much potential to improve his story.

I beg to differ. I could see Baraka leading the Tarkatan horde to turn against Mileena after she's slighted him in favor of Reiko and has done little to uplift the race she's part of.