MKX Story Trailer (CST 8:00 02/27)

I think its a pretty safe bet that liu is the big bad. What do you think

I'm not sure.
I thought that they said that the trailer would hint at the final boss, but I didn't see any hints toward Liu Kang.
It IS possible though, that he comes back as that Fire god, as most people have been suspecting, IMO.

No Fujin, oh well!

Yup.
I had that gut feeling too, ever since I found out about his Living Tower multiplier / effect like Rain and Cyrax.

Thankfully, though, the new characters look AMAZING, and I can't wait to try out King Jin.
What a TOTAL F***ING BADASS that guy is. :-D

I think its a pretty safe bet that liu is the big bad. What do you think

I do believe his back in the game. I think his role in all this is important and that's why they don't reveal him yet. IMO this game is not going to have only one boss. Maybe Shinnok and Quan chi brought him back to life to serve their purposes.

I still can't get over the fact that they can't even pronounce such simple Japanese names correctly. "Tahkeeda" my ass! It's not Takida, it's Takeda - learn to eff'n pronounce it, do your homework if you want to be so cool using Asian names.

I bet they're still saying Shirai Ray-ooh.

I think nothing hinted at Liu Kang.

IMO the bosses showed were Shinnok (seems to be imprisioned inside the Amulet, that it is the most dangerous artifact of the game, according to the trailer) and the "Blood Demon".

And remember: The Amulet is the key to join the Kamidogu to shape the realms. It's all connected.

True, but I'd be equally as happy with Takeda, Kung Jin, Jacqui, Erron Black, Ferra / Torr and Kotal Kahn.

It was also good to see some more of the dead warriors from MK9 staying dead (like Sindel).

My main thing is not only are new characters getting a chance, they seem to be at the forefront. They are the ones the story is focused on.

Really character development here was my main question. They look to have taken gigantic strides.

[MENTION=5009]BAdass Liu Kang[/MENTION]
If this is the rest of the roster (below), I don't care because of the fact that there are 4 more new characters:

Sonya
Johnny Cage
Jax
Jacqui
Liu Kang
Kung Jin
Mileena
Erron Black
Kenshi
Takeda
Shinnok

I could care less for those returning MK9 characters, but the new characters? YES, PLEASE!!!
'BOUT F***ING TIME!
This game needed a new breath of fresh air, and those 4 in the trailer definitely felt like it.

I still can't get over the fact that they can't even pronounce such simple Japanese names correctly. "Tahkeeda" my ass! It's not Takida, it's Takeda - learn to eff'n pronounce it, do your homework if you want to be so cool using Asian names.

I bet they're still saying Shirai Ray-ooh.
The producers of that 94 Street Fighter movie and 95/96 SF cartoon are to blame for that shit. Only ONCE in either of them did someone have the common courtesy to pronounce that word right (and it just so happened to be JCVD).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

IMO the bosses showed were Shinnok (seems to be imprisioned inside the Amulet, that it is the most dangerous artifact of the game, according to the trailer) and the "Blood Demon".

And remember: The Amulet is the key to join the Kamidogu to shape the realms. It's all connected.
I dont know man if liu kang did in fact die. They would most likely lay his body to rest at the white lotus temple. That giant cloud shot from inside the white lotus temple where he can plausibly be buried. they already decomfirmed the one being. The one being is what happens when the realms are joined so thats why i dont put too much stock in the daggers. On top of the mounting evidence to support him being in the game. I dont think he would still be happy go lucky liu after all the bs hes seen

Takeeda really, really, really bugged me. What a dumb way to pronounce the name. It just sounds dumb. It's so wrong.

I dont know man if liu kang did in fact die. They would most likely lay his body to rest at the white lotus temple. That giant cloud shot from inside the white lotus temple where he can plausibly be buried. they already decomfirmed the one being. The one being is what happens when the realms are joined so thats why i dont put too much stock in the daggers. On top of the mounting evidence to support him being in the game. I dont think he would still be happy go lucky liu after all the bs hes seen

I'm not sure if he died too. But I mean that the trailer didn't show anything about him.

But one thing you are all right: coming out of the Shaolin Temple is strange.

May sound dumb but what if the blood demon is connected to shinnok? Maybe it allows him a way out or he needs someone power hungry to release him like kotal or mileena. This is new, old timeline he was just sealed in netherrealm and quan chi stole his talisman. Maybe a long shoot, what if the blood demon is main evil force and all hell breaks loose and they release shinnok to help. This trailer has my mind running.

The producers of that 94 Street Fighter movie and 95/96 SF cartoon are to blame for that shit. Only ONCE in either of them did someone have the common courtesy to pronounce that word right (and it just so happened to be JCVD).

You have a strong point, but we're in 2015 now. Internet is all over the place, Google is your friend. They could spend 5 minutes learning how to pronounce those names if they were so eager to use them. The "rayooh" mistake may have been acceptable back in the SF movie days because of your point, but now it just feels like lazy work with the usual American-ish pronounciation.

Of course, when Asian games get English wrong people are really quick to notice and care.

May sound dumb but what if the blood demon is connected to shinnok? Maybe it allows him a way out or he needs someone to release him like kotal or mileena. This is new, old timeline he was just sealed in netherrealm and quan chi stole his talisman. Maybe a long shoot, what if the blood demon is main evil force and all hell breaks loose and they release shinnok to help. This trailer has my mind running.

Yes! Something like that.

It seemed to me that Shinnok is inside the Amulet, so people are using almost his powers.

If the "Blood demon" is using the Kamidogus, and the Amulet is the key to connect them, I think they have something very common.

Anybody else notice Mileena is walking through a steaming puddle of water here? Shoutout to Greyjoy for the shot.

Amu40La.png

I wonder if Kotal nuked Rain for good this time. In earlier shots we see all 3 of them fighting on a roof. And now we only see 2 of them.