SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

What makes me slightly optimistic on Reiko making it is that the guys who got lolmurked (Hsu Hao, Rain) were dealt with pretty fast and barely said a couple lines. Goro had a bigger role, and he is in as bonus/DLC.
Reiko has been getting a lot of spotlight and development, he might still die but I'm hoping at least he jumps up in the DLC list of possibilities.

I'm still not that optimistic about Reiko making it in.
As far as MK4 thru MK: A debut characters, I get the feeling that Kenshi will be the only 1, since he has a son.

As far as old and new characters go, I get the feeling that the roster will end up looking like this:

MK1 debut:
1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Kano
5. Sonya (rumored and in the Living Towers video)
6. Johnny Cage (rumored)
7. Liu Kang (rumored and in the Living Towers video)
8. Reptile
9. Goro

MKII debut:
10 Kitana
11. Kung Lao
12. Mileena
13. Jax (rumored and hinted at in the comics and Living Towers video)
14. Baraka (gut feeling)

MK3 debut:
15. Ermac
16. ??????

Post-MK3 debut:
17. Quan Chi
18. Kenshi (due to Takeda)

NEW to MKX:
19. Cassie
20. D'Vorah
21. Ferra / Torr
22. Kotal Kahn
23. Takeda
24. Jacqui
25. Erron Black
26. bow wielding guy

DLC
27. Klassic Kombatant
28. Klassic Kombatant
29. Guest
30. Guest

I'm sure you can see a similarity.

Precisely. Ed keeps mocking him. Plus Rain isn't exactly in the form to be playable right now. Haven't read the last issue, but it seems he's... barely alive. But I do think his chances are definitely higher than Hsu's. However, I think this game it's Tremor's turn. I don't see both Rain and Tremor both being in. And if Rain can't be DLC again and only on the main roster, then I really don't see him being in.

Rain's situation isn't really like Hsu Hao's when he's still alive.

He's alive, but it seems like he's entirely incapacitated. It's just a cameo that happens to explain his non-participation in the events of MKX.

Reiko has had way, way more than a cameo. So I see the sense in what [MENTION=18557]VonKrupt[/MENTION] is saying, but our sample size for what the comic means for characters in MKX is so tiny that at most this can just give us a bit of hope.

I didn't see that as "rage".

Hsu Hao could have been spared. Oh, ok, he was on Shirai Ryu territory.

Scorpion just killed all the others because they refused to go away. Hsu Hao was killed because he was Hsu Hao.

I think with Rain it was different. If he has not been burned, he would complete his cheat kode.

To have a fair fight with Goro, Rain was an osbtacle. Of course that happened so we can understand why he won't be on MKX.

I do so very much hate Rain, but I'm thinking this charred incident might mean he's coming back to MKX.
Why make mention of him still being alive unless he's going to at least make a reappearance in the comic? And I doubt he's going to wear the same clothes that got burnt to a crisp.

If we see Rain again in the comic wearing a new costume, I'm going to go ahead and say he's in MKX.

Rain will have a new variation where if he pushes himself too hard he and his charred carcass will overheat. He has to call in a rain storm to cool himself down.

I do so very much hate Rain, but I'm thinking this charred incident might mean he's coming back to MKX.
Why make mention of him still being alive unless he's going to at least make a reappearance in the comic? And I doubt he's going to wear the same clothes that got burnt to a crisp.

If we see Rain again in the comic wearing a new costume, I'm going to go ahead and say he's in MKX.

I could see that... Or... He's just going to retire.

I think Kittelsen just understands that you don't have to kill a character to give them an excuse to sit a game out, and then there's no need to resurrect them to bring them back.

It's not final roast, because Rain still lives honey.

Maybe this roast was only meant to give him more background, and another costume, if he returns with the same costume, than they failed with the comic.

Oh he got a new costume alright and a new Alias too.You're right though,he did survive and this Roast played a big role on his new identity.

this is a poem from the next chapter#9
it reveals who rain turns into.

After the critically acclaimed/
Roast of Rain/
went through all that pain/
he was never the same/
there was too much flame/
water could not remain/
Thought he was on top of his game/
but faced a Beast he couldn't tame/Lost the power he once obtained/
Oh man,what a shame/
Afterwards he changed his name/
and now he became....

Last edited:
I didn't see that as "rage".

Hsu Hao could have been spared. Oh, ok, he was on Shirai Ryu territory.

Scorpion just killed all the others because they refused to go away. Hsu Hao was killed because he was Hsu Hao.

I think with Rain it was different. If he has not been burned, he would complete his cheat kode.

To have a fair fight with Goro, Rain was an osbtacle. Of course that happened so we can understand why he won't be on MKX.

This, Rain also was Mileenas forces only real advantage against Kotal and his father besides strength and numbers at those present moments.

This, Rain also was Mileenas forces only real advantage against Kotal and his father besides strength and numbers at those present moments.

Exactly, it wasn't something like "oh, I will just kill Rain because I hate him and :fawkdance: Rain fans :rofl:".

He was THE cheat kode. He was there not to put Kotal as a normal foe, but as a weaker foe than Goro, since this one still had projectiles and 4 mother ducking arms.

So Rain had to be stopped, not killed.

That could be Nightwolf, though - and as much as it saddens me to think about it, it seems like there is a chance, after all. NRS isn't ready to move forward anytime soon, it seems.

Dunno.
I'm hoping for 8 new characters, at least, and if that bow guy turns out to be Nightwolf, then I hope that Kung Jin or someone else takes up that 8th NEW character spot.

I really hope we'll get to hear the line "You $on of a biitch!" addressed to one of the male descendants by someone. That would really crack me up.

[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]: I think 8 is a reasonable number. Expecting the same.

the dude with the bow is taven. the dude showed on the tower with the metal arms is daegon. look at it for yourselves. I believe it can be found at shoryuken.com somewhere back. zoom in. that aint jax with the metal arms

the dude with the bow is taven. the dude showed on the tower with the metal arms is daegon. look at it for yourselves. I believe it can be found at shoryuken.com somewhere back. zoom in. that aint jax with the metal arms

If that was Taven I will find it very good AND funny.

Guy was awaken earlier or the final stop to Armageddon is right now.

Why do you think it's Taven?

teew.png

Doesn't look like, at all.

lolno that's definitely not Daegon. On Jax you can see a badge, ffs. The bow dude remains a mystery. But I'd say there's no chance of it being Taven. I'd imagine NRS is avoiding the Armageddon storyline like the plague now. And with good reason.