I can see various characters being given traits of other characters.

Galden

As you might already know, Kano has a cybernetic heart. This is obviously another nod to Hsu-Hao.

Going further from that, I can see Boon and Co. giving more characters traits of other characters. Such as backstories or weaponry. Here are some examples:

1. Sareena is revealed to have picked up Ashrah's sword in the Netherrealm.

2. If Taven comes back, Daegon's dynamic with Taven is given to Rain.

This can be done so that Boon and Co. would be able to reuse elements of past characters without going through the trouble of revamping any of those characters. Or just keeping the roster from getting out of hand.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is way different then variations.
He's talking about recycling character traits on other characters.

That said, i don't think it's a good idea.
They should just come up with some original ideas.

WOW my bad i completely misread that, i really need to stop opening multiple tabs! LOL
For the record i think it's a bad idea too... giving characters traits of others because they haven't "grown" yet doesn't bode well. Individualism is the only key for character growth and longevity, it's been proven time and time again.

Giving a nod to a few things here and there isn't bad but i like it more as an easter egg type of thing. For it to become a common thing is ridiculous..
As stupid as this sounds, you still have raiden fans pissed with Ashrah and Scorp fans pissed of with human smoke over the spear back in the day. -__-

For the most part recycled moves or traits isn't my favorite thing. In some cases it can be ok, for I.E- Kano gained his new "Cybernetic Heart/Power Source", a trait clearly everyone established he gained from Hsu Hao. While Hsu Hao is by far one of my least favorite characters that took what made him look "cool" and gave it to Kano which he is rocking the hell out of.

The only time i can stand recycled moves is IF, they are revamped/upgraded in a way that you recognize it, but its not the same.

If some crappy chracter had some good move (like Kobra's Axe Kick) or some cool element in looks (like Hsu Hao's heart), i have nothing against giving these cool things to better characters if it fits them well enough.

Depends what character it is.
I have no problem with Sub-Zero having daggers similar to Frost in MKX. ;)

I am only for it, if the character whose traits has been given to someone else is someone already deemed never to return to the series, such as Hsu Hao whose story and now his cybernetic heart implant have been given to Kano.

I just fear that I will see a character been given the traits of a character I like, because then that most likely means I will never see that character again. And since my favourites are some of the less popular characters, such as Jade, Tanya and Reiko, it is definately a chance of something like that happening. :/

I am only for it, if the character whose traits has been given to someone else is someone already deemed never to return to the series, such as Hsu Hao whose story and now his cybernetic heart implant have been given to Kano.

I just fear that I will see a character been given the traits of a character I like, because then that most likely means I will never see that character again. And since my favourites are some of the less popular characters, such as Jade, Tanya and Reiko, it is definately a chance of something like that happening. :/

Sorry to ask but is your user name on MKO Jaded raven or something like that?

Man my hate for MKO is gigantic, just to let you know, also towards some of those members.

I thought I was finaly released from any of those jerks on here, but now they come crawl onto this amazing uninfected forum.

Kinda the same reason why I'm giving this site a spin. ^^