Ed Boon: "Guest characters very likely"

If you don't like the character, just don't play as them.

I don't think that's the solution to the problem - the main issue is that they take a valuable spot of a MK character - Fujin was possibly cut from MK9 DLC because of Freddy. It triggers the whole: *Insert a character name* could have been in instead of...

My personal view on this is, I love MK and I am buying MK games to enjoy Mortal Kombat characters, if I wanted to play as Kratos I would play God of War. If they have to put guests characters in, which they most certainly will, at least make it a choice like Freddy Krueger, do NOT put him/her on the main roster.

Odoslané z iPhone pomocou Tapatalk

Please have these two!!!

Juliet_Starling_for_the_win_6e242cc3df957f214dbc4670d04ee6ff.png

bloodrayne.jpg

Honorable mentions:

Bella+dona.png

tumblr_mlsgx9PFc51r2pz7go1_500.gif

Catwoman_regime.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think that's the solution to the problem - the main issue is that they take a valuable spot of a MK character - Fujin was possibly cut from MK9 DLC because of Freddy. It triggers the whole: *Insert a character name* could have been in instead of...

See, this is why I think guest characters should be on the initial roster.
As much as I loved Scorpion in Injustice, I really would have liked Swamp Thing or Killer Croc more. As cool as a novelty Freddy in MK9 was, Tremor or Fujin would have been much more welcome imo.

If they are on the initial roster, then that means they took nobody's spot. They were extra characters that got added in after every MK character was made. Because the story of a game is created LONG before the character models are, which means that the starting roster was decided before the Guest's first polygon was even created. If a guest is DLC, then they do in fact take a roster slot over an MK character.

It's stupid that people think Kratos took Rain's spot in MK9. Rain was never going to be in MK9, because they made the story without him.

My personal view on this is, I love MK and I am buying MK games to enjoy Mortal Kombat characters, if I wanted to play as Kratos I would play God of War. If they have to put guests characters in, which they most certainly will, at least make it a choice like Freddy Krueger, do NOT put him/her on the main roster.

If anyone pushed Fujin off of the roster it was probably Cyber Sub-Zero, Quan Chi or Skarlet.

I'm pretty sure the announcer voice for Fujin existed long before they knew if they were getting Freddy for DLC.

Only PURE MK characters have a right to be in an MK game.

Pure MK character = originated in MK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

If you don't like the character, just don't play as them.

That doesn't solve the problem.
If they're on the main roster they'd still show up on the ladder, as Kratos did.

A mandatory online compatibility patch is the only solution for those who do and those who don't want guest characters.

Not bothered. Guest characters = wider audience. Wider audience = More sales. More sales = More money for NRS. More money for NRS = the series staying alive and successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bothered. Guest characters = wider audience. Wider audience = More sales. More sales = More money for NRS. More money for NRS = the series staying alive and successful.

Not so.
They'd actually make more money selling them as DLC, if you're really going with that type of mentality.

$60 game + $5 per DLC character >>>>>>>>>> $60 game alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so.
They'd actually make more money selling them as DLC, if you're really going with that type of mentality.

$60 game + $5 per DLC character >>>>>>>>>> $60 game alone.

Guest characters as DLC are still Guest characters. Dunno what the hell you thought I meant, ya dingus.

I wasn't responding to anybody in the thread, but I personally know about 3 people who got MK Komplete edition just for Freddy.

I wouldn't mind guest characters. So long as they only way you play as them or against them is online, if you pick them, or if you do it in like... single matches. Don't want them in story mode (they wont be) and I don't want to play against them in arcade ladders if I don't want to.

Guest characters as DLC are still Guest characters. Dunno what the hell you thought I meant, ya dingus.

I wasn't responding to anybody in the thread, but I personally know about 3 people who got MK Komplete edition just for Freddy.

No need for flaming / name calling, man.
Anyways, I though you meant guests on the main roster, rather than being DLC.

No need for flaming / name calling, man.
Anyways, I though you meant guests on the main roster, rather than being DLC.

Didn't mean it to insult you. Well, it's the internet so it's hard to recognise the tone of things, I suppose.

I'm not too bothered about if they're on the main roster or they're DLC, really... but I would prefer them as DLC.

If guest characters really bother you, you're just a crybaby.

Exactly how I feel. Yes Freddy was out of place but it made so many more people pick up Mortal Kombat. Outside the few purists, I'm sure a lot of people liked Kratos as well. They don't effect the story mode and I could care less about who I fight in the ladder so at least just think of the fact that they help contribute to the success of NetherRealm and will allow MK to thrive.

This. Scorpion in Injustice ruined the game more so than Freddy in MK9. Freddy at least fit in (Although, I don't like guest characters, because I feel it's taking away MK being its own thing.) But MK Kombatants do NOT fit in DC at all. But back on topic, it looks like we're getting guest characters, if we like it or not. I still say Predator.

Wow.

You're all a bunch of whiners. The characters are already selected for who will be in the game, and no matter what you guys say or do, it won't change anything. That guest character will be there, and you'll be bitter and angry while you grumble at your tv screen. You'll still buy the game, and it won't matter.

DLC or not, it's going to happen. Embrace change, folks, because as much as you're going to and moan, it'll happen.

Yup.
That's right folks.
Your opinion doesn't matter.
Shut up and don't voice your opinion if you don't agree with [MENTION=3996]TheAces[/MENTION] or anyone else on the matter, because your opinion is wrong and only his opinion matters.

Yup.
That's right folks.
Your opinion doesn't matter.
Shut up and don't voice your opinion if you don't agree with [MENTION=3996]TheAces[/MENTION] or anyone else on the matter, because your opinion is wrong and only his opinion matters.

Nah, what he's saying is that we're powerless and there is no point in arguing, just accept and move on.

He's both right and wrong.

It's NRS' game and they won't cater to everybody's wants and needs, but we do have a voice and they do hear it. If I recall correctly, Rain was brought in due to popular demand?