Fallout (1,2,3, and New Vegas)

Well its not published be EA so that shouldn't be a problem.

You must be new to Bethesda games :laugh:

I'm a diehard Fallout fan, but even I remember Doc Mitchell

2287862-fallout_new_vegas_bug.png

Well its not published be EA so that shouldn't be a problem.

On the contrary, Bethesda is a primary example of the publisher pushing the development team to meet the deadline and release patches later.

Now the example from BBBLP is pretty funny and doesn't bother me that much. It's the ones that break the game and cause crashes that I have a big problem with. I bought Skyrim on release day and the game crashed within a couple of hours of playing. The patches made the game more stable, but my patience has already took its toll.

Last edited:
If that's the case, I don't understand why they don't test the games more before they release them. I too am getting sick of buying games and not having them complete.

I'd imagine it's because of how massive the games are.
I don't even want to think about how buggy a beta Bethesda game would be

Long story short, publishers want to get their revenue sooner than later. The introduction of patches to console games made them careless, knowing that they can release a patch once consumers start complaining. While their games are massive in scale, some of the more obvious and problematic bugs could have been taken care of with a couple of months of testing. While we may enjoy the patches now, they won't be available once the next generation takes off and the servers for the older consoles shut down.

Last edited:
A big reason Skyrim was buggy was because they used a new engine and it was especially bad on the PS3 because of the Core processor. Fallout 4 shouldn't be nearly buggy since it's probably gonna use the same engine Skyrim does and Bethesda is more familiar with it, and I doubt the PS4 version will suffer the same ammount of problems the PS3's Skyrim did because it uses a proc that is more standard.

New Vegas used the same engine as FO3. The development team should have been familiar with Gamebryo when developing New Vegas. Yet, New Vegas didn't have any less performance issues or bugs than FO3. I personally encountered more problems with New Vegas than FO3, which is a shame because I thought New Vegas was otherwise an improvement over FO3. Skyrim had a patch released on day one, so Bethesda already knew the issues with their game but are printing copies anyways.

A more familiar engine and processor can help, but it's no substitute for careful testing.

Wasn't New Vegas made by a different team though?

You do have a point there. It's a damn shame since Obsidian was made up of people who used to work for Black Isle. I like the design descisons for New Vegas, but it seems like the coding was worse when you have people who play FO3 with little problems while New Vegas gives their machine fits.

I don't give a finnuck as long as I get my fallout 4, honestly. Side note, I love exploring the vaults. Probably my favorite part of the game.

I don't give a finnuck as long as I get my fallout 4, honestly. Side note, I love exploring the vaults. Probably my favorite part of the game.

The vaults in FO3 were awesome, but my favorite single area was the Dunwich Building with all of the darkness and harder ghouls.

Some vaults have an interesting backstory or least interesting loot....but some of them also suffer from having a terribly-designed layout.

Truuuuueee, I think it was vault 22 in new Vegas.. The one with all the plants and shit. Gave me a god dang headache, son. Pretty sure it's intentional though, the designing being left flawed, I mean. And if not, screw it; I think it adds character.. Albeit frustrating character.

Truuuuueee, I think it was vault 22 in new Vegas.. The one with all the plants and shit. Gave me a god dang headache, son. Pretty sure it's intentional though, the designing being left flawed, I mean. And if not, screw it; I think it adds character.. Albeit frustrating character.

The atmosphere of that one is great, but it is far too predictable. As soon as you passed any of the groups of dirt and plants, one of the mossmen enemies would "sprout" to surprise attack you. After the first 2 did it, I knew what to expect, so it wasn't as effective as it could've been. I did like saving the mutant in there, though.

Besides, I went EVERYWHERE in stealth mode, so the plant guys would spawn and never see me because my Sneak was so high.

Yeah, even without the constant radiation, it was pretty easy to just run in circles in Vault 34. It brought out problems of the local map, which is something I would like to see improved upon in Fallout 4.

Step 1 - free butch's mom from the room

Step 2 - blow her ****ing brains out right in front of him

Step 3 - have a nice day

I remember dangling Butch's mom's severed head in front of him and then killing him shortly after. I would then dispose of their decapitated heads in the nearest toilet and waltz right out of the vault like a boss.

Jesus, look at these future psychopaths in the making, makes me sick, I'm reporting this.

I rarely killed NPC's in 3.
It just felt so wrong.

pussy

Things I'd lovd to see in the next game

Sprint ability
Ability to melee while holding guns (running out of ammo in a close quarter situation is death)
More exotic followers like maybe a Yao Guai or a small Deathclaw you rescue
Top tier perks that allow you to become a Ghoul or Super Mutant
Random Events from sleeping in the Wasteland. Take a nap on a matress you find in the back of a truck and possibly wake up with a Raider going through your pockets (option to attack him or let him take what he wants so he leaves) or a wild animal sniffing around you
Ability to ReSpec skill points and perks for a large amount of caps
More weather mechanics. If the setting is going to be Boston, I'm hoping to see some random fog like Point Lookout.
Ability to start your own settlement. Nothing insane like Megaton, but something like BigTown.

Spoiler:
In Fallout 2, you could have a Deathclaw for a follower

I would like the player character Ghoul or Super Mutant too, but more as a character you start from scratch rather than a perk. They can have their own sets of strengths/weaknesses, traits, and perks unique to their "race". Naturally, you will be treated differently depending on where you are. The problem is having to make new scripts to tailor to Ghouls or Mutants.

I have mixed feelings about the ability to respec in RPGs. On one hand, it cheapens the decisions you make when building your character. On the other hand, RPGs do have balance issues and it sucks to find out your character is stuck with trash skills and stats. This especially true with RPGs that lack good documentation and are not transparent about the rules.

If three dog really comes back in the fallout, it should be pretty tight. I loved him in FO3, added some character to DC wasteland. I'd like to see him make a comeback, along with bobbleheads. Did anyone ever travel to the Bethesda factory in 3? Totally badass. I think that and the sunset sasparilla company in Vegas were some of my favorite locations outside the vaults.