Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

n1.jpgn2.jpgn3.jpg

here my update... fixed the pants hight, fixed hair, fixed lighting so he doesn't looks too tan... fixed the eyes so they don't look too white..

@bleed you said our characters doesn't look real but if you compare them with mk9 model.... they really look real

edit... here with the original, I tryed to match also the skin color

match.jpg

That sprite you are matching your model to is fanmade, and looks weird in the groin area.
Somebody took his TYM upper body sprite and drew the rest (or combined with edited win pose or something)
I think you overdone his pants, they are not actually THAT baggy and low in the groin.
I'll send you some sprites used in the game later today.

edit:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2825/liu13.png

This is a sprite from the game upscaled to your model.
Try not to match your sprite with that first (fanmade) image because it's weird looking compared to what was actually in the game.

Last edited:
I can hardly wait anymore!!! I Love watching all the progress, but at the same time its torture cause I want to play it so bad. I'm hoping some time this spring it will be ready. This is the fi

Try not to match your sprite with that first (fanmade) image because it's weird looking compared to what was actually in the game.

Yeah, sorry, that's mostly my fault for posting the Liu with the fan made legs, intended on showing it for hair reference, which it still seems good for.

Yeah, his mask is just a mess in this shot. Will clean up. Still trying to model the face better. Having his jaw sticking out a bit should help

Very nice MrMos3s. Cal's background does fits the picture better. Very cool. But I still think I made his teeth too small. I'm actually going to put in the dropbox a better sized version of his teeth, so you can just lay it over the image.

I think the teeth look good now but I have no problem adding the bigger ones if you want. And thanks for letting me mess with your already awesome render. ;)

I'm still so confused about that beard, man. Even in the endings, one of them looks like he's all scruffy and the other he looks clean shaven. What the hell, Kano?

Haha, yeah, it's hard to figure out what was going on with his hair growth in this game, I think the little scruffiness fits well at least in the portrait, I've always kind of assumed he had it in the original portrait, but it was hard to tell with all 5 pixels they had to work with back then. lol

As for the endings, your guess is as good as mine for what we should do.

I'd call this done. MrMos3s your talent is incredible; thanks so much for your hard work. I agree that it looks closer with the brick wall I provided.

Thanks man, very inspiring words! I'm pretty happy with it too and thankful that I didn't ruin Gojira's awesome render. lol

I think the teeth look good now but I have no problem adding the bigger ones if you want. And thanks for letting me mess with your already awesome render. ;)

Haha, yeah, it's hard to figure out what was going on with his hair growth in this game, I think the little scruffiness fits well at least in the portrait, I've always kind of assumed he had it in the original portrait, but it was hard to tell with all 5 pixels they had to work with back then. lol

As for the endings, your guess is as good as mine for what we should do.

Personally, I'd rather the larger teeth. But if you think its fine without altering it, I won't complain. You did a great job, man. Very cool. I love how the hair come out. And the beard works well, also. I too always thought he had a beard. It could be how his skin folds around the area that caused the shadow to fall like that, but with the low res who knows.

For the endings, I'll do both. One with the beard and without. I'll let you decide on which is best to work with.

Here is an update to the first ending shot. Think the sculpt is finish. I'll mess with the lighting and finalize what I can before uploading tonight:

65.jpg

That sprite you are matching your model to is fanmade, and looks weird in the groin area.
Somebody took his TYM upper body sprite and drew the rest (or combined with edited win pose or something)
I think you overdone his pants, they are not actually THAT baggy and low in the groin.
I'll send you some sprites used in the game later today.

edit:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2825/liu13.png

This is a sprite from the game upscaled to your model.

Thanks la luna, I'll try to match as much as possible about the baggy Pants, I know they don't look that baggy in the sprite you PostEd but if you check the fighting stance's sprites you will notice liu's pants looks really baggy, the first model I did was with tight pants And he looked so strange with those pants and that's one of the reasons that puched me to do the model again and since I want to use the cloth moddfier the pants will look better I hope

Looks good, I think Mos3s will nail this one too with his godlike PS skills. One small detail tho', I wonder if a better background image is possible.. in the original it looks like some kind of monitors and hi-tech stuff behind him and they're less blurry.

edit:
maybe zoom in on him a bit, the original head looks quite bigger

I'm sure Mos3s will fix the scaling. And the background I added was literally the original blown up and blurred. Again, I'm sure MrMos3s will come up with something great for that.

Looks good, I think Mos3s will nail this one too with his godlike PS skills. One small detail tho', I wonder if a better background image is possible.. in the original it looks like some kind of monitors and hi-tech stuff behind him and they're less blurry.

edit:
maybe zoom in on him a bit, the original head looks quite bigger

Thanks for the nice words man. And I'm gonna give the background a shot too.

Great, but are you going to add his hair and facial hair also to the ending, or only to the portrait? I think that he would look better with hair. He had his hair on every pic in the original, but his facial hair sometimes were there and sometimes weren't.
And it's funny that you covered also his ear with the metal plate, lol :D
Another thing is that the metal plate goes too far on his forehead, it should be more curved. And the metal plate should be more shiny in my opinion, the one you made in the portrait is closer to the original. Here is what I mean:
bez tytułu.JPG
Maybe the background could be a little more detailed and his face could be darker and zoomed in, but with more shiny metal plate. Maybe his ammo bags could be more detailed also, just like you detailed his shirt, because they look a little gummy or plastic. But it's still awesome work, really and that's just a little sugestions, which are not really necessary to include, but I think it would be even better.

Last edited:
Olá amigos, gostei dos personagens de vocês. ficaram ótimos.
Eu estou brincando com o Makehuman e o Blender, pois sou iniciante, e fiz modelo bem (simples) da Sonya Blade.
não sei se já fizeram ela, mas vou posta o meu mesmo assim. ah lembrem-se, e um modelo bem simples, sem textura e nenhum
outro efeito.
E desculpem por ter de escrever em meu idioma. O meu inglês está um pouco ruim.Sonya Blade 1.0.jpg

I've given up on the hair sim, I just can't get it to look right and it keeps crashing, so forget it.

This hair is made with polygon strips instead. I'll leave it like this for now and move on to the rest of the model.

Cage_Hair_04_zps534ce326.jpg