Jade's Metal Thread

I was rereading the first few pages of the thread...someone called Pantera metalcore

LOL

as much as I hate to admit it, they influenced alot of metalcore and nu metal.
(although machine head sounded more closley related to these bands)
I know you hate Pantera and I can see why alot of people do, but I'll still always like them.

also, I am a firm believer in music genres. Should be just common sense, but theres alot of people now who just ignore genres altogether and call people fags for even acknowledging genres/sub genres. Especially in metal. They are all like," STFU its just metal" I mean I know the roots are the same, but sorry I just cant accept that Motley Cru and Suffocation are the same thing, or Disturbed and Napalm Death are the same. Thats why genres were made.

lol I seen that video ages ago. I mean I like pantera but they've also got alot of fat juggalo type kids as their fans, so anything to troll them is fine by me. Although I cant tell if that video is a joke or not cause there are alot of "TROO" metalfags who think like that. But I do hate all the other bands he listed.

also we need to get this thread up again and not just for announcing the death or cancer diognosis of old people.
(no offence Tarkatan Trash)

someone post a cool song or something

Any Ghost or Death fans?

For the Pantera discussion: they still tear apart most Metal bands, past and present. Pantera reigned supreme in the 90s for a reason. You couldn't find a better front man and lead guitarist combination than Phil and Dimebag. They still remain one of my all-time favorite bands.

Any Ghost or Death fans?

For the Pantera discussion: they still tear apart most Metal bands, past and present. Pantera reigned supreme in the 90s for a reason. You couldn't find a better front man and lead guitarist combination than Phil and Dimebag. They still remain one of my all-time favorite bands.

Ghost is... AWESOME. I was driving around in my car listening to SiriusXM's Liquid Metal channel, and they played Ghost's "Ritual". I completely lost my shit with excitement. Such an underrated band.

Has anybody here listend to (or even heard of) the bands Cormorant or Martriden. Two spectacular unsigned bands with a sound that you really can't find anywhere else.

They're a mix of prog and black metal, with and incredibly diverse range of other influences depending on the song.

Last time I checked, these guys were listed as blackened melodic progressive death metal. Sometimes, genre names just get excessive.

Periphery's new disc, Periphery II dropped last week. These songs are still kicking my ass. And they've only got the juices flowing for The Contortionist's next full length (coming next week, wooo!).

what ya guys tink of nwothm (new wave of traditional heavy metal)
i realy like it here som of the new bands
steelwing, white wizzard, cauldron, holy grail, skull fist, ram, enforcer and more
what ar we gona do when bands like maiden ar to old to go on stage? this groep of bands ar the future of heavy metal (i hope)
you guys like it?

sorry for my bad english

The Absence.

I can't get enough of these guys. I took a chance on their Riders of the Plague album back in 07, usually don't do that without looking up the band first to see if I would like them, and was blown away. They aren't very big, but I did get to see them live and they were awesome and some pretty cool guys, was a small show so I got to hang out with them for a little bit. Their latest release, Enemy Unbound, was not really as strong as their previous two, From Your Grave and Riders of the Plague, but it is solid. I've been recently learning their songs, and tabbing them out so others can learn too. I'll share some songs of their's that I've been learning and have learned, gonna be hard to pick two of them.

From Your Grave
They have an actuall video for this one, but I think this one sounds better(louder).

Riders of the Plague

If you wanna hear more, I would suggest you check out Just about any song from From Your Grave and Riders, I would check out Enemy Unbound, Solace, The Bridge, and Wartorn from Enemy Unbound.

Last edited:
Huh... They remind me a bit of Revocation

Revocation: Cradle Robber
IT blows me away that these guys are a trio.

Just listened to their new album, and while its an improvement over Shallow Life it still does nothing for me. There is more Andrea on the album, and that wouldn't be a problem if his vocals didn't suck now. They just sound too Americanized like every other generic Hard Rock singer, and the effect on Cristina's voice is annoying at times.

Still love the older stuff though.

Last edited:
Just listened to their new album, and while its an improvement over Shallow Life it still does nothing for me. There is more Andrea on the album, and that wouldn't be a problem if his vocals didn't suck now. They just sound too Americanized like every other
generic Hard Rock singer, and the effect on Cristina's voice is annoying at times.

I pretty much agree with all of that. It's a slight step up, but it's still just a boring ass rock album that does nothing to distance itself from other boring ass rock albums. The music itself is basically Shallow Life with a darker coat of paint, which is pretty pathetic considering that this was their supposed attempt at recapturing the spirit of their older albums. Andi's vocals have become so completely bland, emotionless and uninspired (really, the dude just needs to go back to growling) while Cri's often border on the bizarre.

After three shit albums in a row, I think it's safe to say that I'm finally done with the band. They obviously don't have a clue what made their other albums great and I doubt they ever will.

I wanted to enjoy this album, but I just can't. It just reminds me how I felt about Tristania's "Illumination" and Arch Enemy's "Doomsday Machine" albums, I neither like it or hate it, its just there.

I actually started enjoying Karmacode more after I heard Shallow Life. I t just doesnt seem that bad now, and I like a good amount of the songs on it. Shallow Life is still awful though.

I'm going to see Epica, Nightwish, and Kamelot this year. So excited! It will be my second time seeing Epica and Kamelot, but my first seeing Nightwish.