Official Baseball Thread

Yeah, the Clemens case was stupid to begin with. As usual, the United States Government loves to waste time and money for stupid reasons. But on a lighter note... my Orioles are still spinning up and winning! Tonight R.A Dickey and the Mets gonna get a taste of it.

I'll never understand why Congress wanted to get involved in the first place; I'm sure there were waaay more important things to worry about. Its like the only thing they got out of these cases were exposing Bond's and Clemens's personal lives, which I'm sure most people really didn't want to know about anyways lol.

The good news for Clemens is that the Court of Law has decided that he is a free man. The bad news is that there is also a Court of Public Opinion, and in the Court of Public Opinion, you are guilty until proven innocent, and that court includes the BBWAA, who votes on Hall of Fame inductions. Clemens is entering his first year of eligibility, as is Barry Bonds (who also was tried in Federal court for perjury...see the beginning of the last page for my opinions on that one), and I assure you that those who have voted against Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco, Rafael Palmeiro, etc. will be voting against Clemens and Bonds, although I've made it clear that I am AGAINST blacklisting such players (though I favor blacklisting Manny Ramirez, because he was a douchebag even before he got caught, namely the manner in which he left the Red Sox). This steroids witchhunt is so sad that the mere suspicion of steroid use cost Jeff Bagwell HoF induction, despite the lack of solid evidence!

That really sucks; instead of innocent until proven guilty its the other way around.

I know this probably wouldn't happen, but what if steroids became legal in baseball? I know it sounds far-fetched and I personally don't want it to happen, but would there really be that much of an improvement? I mean, guys are already taking supplements and stuff like that that contain elements that ring positive on steroid tests (ex: Ryan Braun).

I'll never understand why Congress wanted to get involved in the first place; I'm sure there were waaay more important things to worry about. Its like the only thing they got out of these cases were exposing Bond's and Clemens's personal lives, which I'm sure most people really didn't want to know about anyways lol.

Clemens was named on the Mitchell Report 2 months prior to testifying before Congress. Is it any coincidence that the same Mitchell Report was compiled by a former US Senator? I already have enough criticisms of the Mitchell Report already, namely the fact that this report was compiled by a man who sat on the Board of Directors for the Boston Red Sox! Is it any coincidence that the New York Yankees had more players named than any other club while the Red Sox were near the bottom of the list? Even to this day I can't take the Mitchell Report at face value because of clear-cut conflict of interest.

Clemens was named on the Mitchell Report 2 months prior to testifying before Congress. Is it any coincidence that the same Mitchell Report was compiled by a former US Senator? I already have enough criticisms of the Mitchell Report already, namely the fact that this report was compiled by a man who sat on the Board of Directors for the Boston Red Sox! Is it any coincidence that the New York Yankees had more players named than any other club while the Red Sox were near the bottom of the list? Even to this day I can't take the Mitchell Report at face value because of clear-cut conflict of interest.

I didn't know he was on the Board of Directors for the Red Soxs. Why couldn't they get someone who wasn't involved with baseball at all to compile the list?

So this guy hit a ball

and it went over the fence

I think he scored a touchdown

Keep your soccer outta my baseball :mad:

Nah I kid, I think its called a field goal :rolleyes:

I didn't know he was on the Board of Directors for the Red Soxs. Why couldn't they get someone who wasn't involved with baseball at all to compile the list?

Keep your soccer outta my baseball :mad:

Nah I kid, I think its called a field goal :rolleyes:

You know, when Garo Yepremian kicked a funny-shaped ball made out of pig's skin through the yellow uprights for the first time, he said I keek a touchdown, I keek a touchdown!

Dickey? Screw him! He's not even the best pitcher in his own city! Talk to me when he's playing in the month of October, and MAYBE I'll change my stance on him!

Last edited:
Dickey? Screw him! He's not even the best pitcher in his own city! Talk to me when he's playing in the month of October, and MAYBE I'll change my stance on him!

Felix Hernandez wants a word. So does Justin Verlander, Zack Grienke, Clayton Kershaw, Jake Peavy.......

Shall I keep going? World Series titles shouldn't be a stat that determines success. Ichiro is regarded as the best hitter of all time, but being on the Mariners, he never got many shots at the championship.

Last edited:
Hm... I guess you don't think Ted Williams was any good either...

Felix Hernandez wants a word. So does Justin Verlander, Zack Grienke, Clayton Kershaw, Jake Peavy.......

Shall I keep going? World Series titles shouldn't be a stat that determines success. Ichiro is regarded as the best hitter of all time, but being on the Mariners, he never got many shots at the championship.

Stats are for losers, championship rings are for winners!

Troll's opinion is worth nothing to me now.

Anyway, Cubs looking to get their first sweep this season, and it would be against the White Sox!

I don't care if their first sweep of the season comes against the Yankees, the Cubs are STILL a minor league product, and have been for the last 104 years!

In fact, I would like to propose a bet here; I bet a full week's worth of TRMK forum posting privileges that the Cubs will finish 2012 with the worst record in Baseball! If a team other than the Cubs finishes with the worst record, then I will be banned from TRMK for one full week effective on the first day of the 2012 ALDS and NLDS! Wait, are we allowed to wager our posting privileges in bets on TRMK? I'm dead serious about this particular bet!

I don't care if their first sweep of the season comes against the Yankees, the Cubs are STILL a minor league product, and have been for the last 104 years!

In fact, I would like to propose a bet here; I bet a full week's worth of TRMK forum posting privileges that the Cubs will finish 2012 with the worst record in Baseball! If a team other than the Cubs finishes with the worst record, then I will be banned from TRMK for one full week effective on the first day of the 2012 ALDS and NLDS! Wait, are we allowed to wager our posting privileges in bets on TRMK? I'm dead serious about this particular bet!

I'll take tha....

*checks standings*

wait....

Nothing is worse in sports than being a Pirates fan.

But THIS season... it was so much worse.

sigh

I hate to say it, but the Pirates asked for 19 (going on 20) consecutive losing seasons and ZERO playoff berths the minute they decided to let Bonds get away.