Motaro

Jade

Motaro

MKA_Motaro.jpg

Height: 8' 6"
Weight: 900 lbs (408 kg) (Minotaur)
1,200 lbs (544 kg) (Centaurian)
Resides: Outworld

In the realm of Outworld, Motaro's race of Centaurians had come into conflict with the Shokan. Shao Kahn, Emperor of Outworld, had begun to favor the Centaurians over the Shokan, and had been punishing the latter, aiding the Centaurians in the defeat and subjugation of the Shokan race. When Kahn formed special extermination squads to eliminate the chosen warriors of Earthrealm during his invasion, Motaro was appointed to head this elite group of savage warriors. Sonya Blade's defeat of Kano during the events of Mortal Kombat Trilogy had resulted in the Black Dragon member being thrown from a skyscraper to the streets below. Motaro recovered the severely injured Kano, and brought him back to Shao Kahn's fortress. After reviving him with magic, Motaro then imprisoned the criminal so that he could later be punished by Kahn for failing to defeat Sonya. It is at this point that Motaro was assaulted and supposedly killed by Sheeva. However, he survived but barely as he returns in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, but since then the Centaurs have been put under a curse by the Shokan, turning him and the rest of his race into bipedal Minotaurs. This gave him and his race another reason to hate the Shokan. Motaro swore to make the Shokan pay dearly for this act.

In Motaro's Armageddon ending, he defeats Blaze, causing the firespawn's essence to consume him. When the fire stops, Motaro finds himself walking on four legs again, having lifted the Shokan's curse on the Centaurs. He vowed that the Shokan would pay dearly for their treachery.

Signature Moves
Tail Projectile (MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK:A)
Grab and Punch (MK3, UMK3, MKT)
Teleport (MK3, UMK3, MKT, MK:A)
Bull Charge (MK:A)

Fatalities
Head Rip (MKT)​

I hope Motaro is DLC at some point too.. just not with two legs, I want his centaur version. he was the most intimidating sub-boss for me due to that look

Saw this on Ed's twitter feed:

RT @KirkRichieRamos @noobde is motaro a no go for MK9? :[ Noobde: Sorry, he isn't a playable character in MK9. Somebody has to be left out.

So, sounds like he's in, but just not playable.

The 2 legs version in MK:A was very fun to play and very impressive too... I just like Motaro period!!!

If in GOD3 have 4-leged minotaurs, that means that NR ares not excusses to can create one with 4 leged bones.

Motaro NEEDS to be in the game ! He's so unique in the MK Universe. The 4 leg Motaro was great and with the new gaming technology, I'm sure that they could make him bad ass.

I was really dissappointed that Motaro only had 2 legs in Armageddon I think it would have been worth the extra time delay to get a four-legged version. I would love to see him return as a giant four-legged boss of epic challenge in the future I'm sure his returns inevitable.

I definatly think that Motaro could be made into MK9 if they really worked on it. They could make-it so if you tried to do and X-ray on him, he auto-matically counters with his own X-ray. That way you have to find another way to fight him besides X-rays, which is a challenge bosses often offer. He could have a move where he runs towards and/or away from the screen trampling you (unblockable). He could have a move where he throws you or knocks you down tramples you, and uses his tail to throw you to the other side, so it all is done within the perameters of where you can fight. Classic moves like his tail projectile, teleport, and choke shouldn't be a problem. A horse kick move would be neat, and his tail can whip or sweep that shouldn't be to hard. He could be included in a DLC as ressurected by Quan-Chi or Shinnok in exchange for his services. I really like Mortal Kombats characters, especially the premise of battling huge none-human warriors like Goro, Motaro, and Moloch. I don't think games should be limeted just to the human figure and what's possible with mokap technology.

Ah..Motaro! My favorite sub boss and the best one imo so far. He should return in his four legged version in MK10. Quan Chi can resurrect him and have him and the centaurs fight for the netherealm.

the MKA version of him taught me how to be more assertive but his seminar sucked and made me a jerk. At least I didn't have to pay for it

I came up with an X-Ray for him. He does his grab-and-punch move on his opponent, breaking their skull. He then turns around and bucks them with his back legs, breaking their rib cage. He finishes it off by trampling over his opponent while they're down, breaking pretty much every bone in their body.