Johnny Cage Thread - "I make this look easy!"

Re: Johnny Cages second fatality

Oh man I can see someone pulling a Jack Thompson on that fatality.

some lawyer would try to sue them if they did that. Implying fist rape or something.

Any fatality involving the private parts probably need to be avoided for lawsuit reasons.

Cage pulling someones guts out through the hole he has just punched between the legs?

I don't know if even NRS could get away with that, but it would have been amazing!

hey guys im doing some combo vids for friends and my buddy brandon requested johnny cage...

dang he is one hard fella to combo with but i came up with 2 combos that are VERY useable in matches (even online! :D), and are easy (ish) to learn, wich i freakin love.

so anyways i got a 34% meterless midscreen combo and a 40% midscreen combo with only one bar. i cant remember the inputs for these off the top of my head but here is the youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/munckee1?feature=mhee

they are right after some kabal vids i just put up

oh! something cool to note is i believe you can do two F4 moves in a row at the beginning of that 34% combo possibly making it 38 ish

wait let me take that last one back... was just trying to hit two F4's in a row at the start and couldnt get it to connect :(

Hey guys I know johnny cage is supposed to be able to beat scorpion easily but there is a guy I run into on xbox live that beats me 90% of the time with scorpion. He uses only enhanced teleport, which Ive learned to pretty much punish with 1,1. My biggest problem is once I've ran the gauntlet of spears and hellfires trying to get close to him, he stays crouched waiting to catch me with an uppercut when I jump or dash in. If I use F4 he can catch it with an uppercut. How can I close that slightly-larger than sweeping distance gap and hit low. I played MKII when I was a kid but the new games are totally different so I have trouble even with some of the noobiest tricks. The worst part is I know what they are doing and I still cant stop it. Thanks for any help

Hey guys I know johnny cage is supposed to be able to beat scorpion easily but there is a guy I run into on xbox live that beats me 90% of the time with scorpion. He uses only enhanced teleport, which Ive learned to pretty much punish with 1,1. My biggest problem is once I've ran the gauntlet of spears and hellfires trying to get close to him, he stays crouched waiting to catch me with an uppercut when I jump or dash in. If I use F4 he can catch it with an uppercut. How can I close that slightly-larger than sweeping distance gap and hit low. I played MKII when I was a kid but the new games are totally different so I have trouble even with some of the noobiest tricks. The worst part is I know what they are doing and I still cant stop it. Thanks for any help

The nut punch can beat the uppercut. Just trick him into throwing a spear or a hell fire. use the 2 1 B4 combo to hit low, and work on it from there.

hey guys im doing some combo vids for friends and my buddy brandon requested johnny cage...

dang he is one hard fella to combo with but i came up with 2 combos that are VERY useable in matches (even online! :D), and are easy (ish) to learn, wich i freakin love.

so anyways i got a 34% meterless midscreen combo and a 40% midscreen combo with only one bar. i cant remember the inputs for these off the top of my head but here is the youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/munckee1?feature=mhee

they are right after some kabal vids i just put up

He isn't hard to combo with. I can think of 2 reset combos that do more damage than both of those with no meter.

1. JP F+4 2 2 2 4 4 nut punch
2. NJP F+4 F+4 2 44 nut punch

Last edited:
ya mike nw i wasnt trying to go for highest % im doing some vids for friends to learn some decent combos and im doing one around 30% no bars and one around 40% using bars ... but ya those are better im just sticking to the plan i laid out for them to learn some easy ish decent dmg combos... just thought id share whilst doing so hah

ya mike nw i wasnt trying to go for highest % im doing some vids for friends to learn some decent combos and im doing one around 30% no bars and one around 40% using bars ... but ya those are better im just sticking to the plan i laid out for them to learn some easy ish decent dmg combos... just thought id share whilst doing so hah
The combos I posted are much easier to perform.

Nobody plays as Johnny "Mf'n" Cage on TRMK anymore? Wanted to see if anyone have anymore nice combo videos with some tips and tricks. Later today I'll start adding folks to get some matches in.

Nobody plays as Johnny "Mf'n" Cage on TRMK anymore? Wanted to see if anyone have anymore nice combo videos with some tips and tricks. Later today I'll start adding folks to get some matches in.

I play him a bit on the side. Questions? Also I can play on Xbox treadmill1150

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I want to get back on MK just to learn this dude. I've been too focused on Stryker.

I want to give Johnny a run so I'll be looking over this thread.

^Exactly. Loads of people don't know how to fight against him, trying to rush him lol. I beat this guy where ALL of my damage came from chip and d3 :laugh: