Cyber Sub-Zero Thread - "You Are Not So Fearsome!"

Yeah i hate those combos with 1+2 type moves since i have to kinda tilt the controller to press those 2 buttons at the same time. My thumb can hit both buttons without tilting it but it seems to never work for me lol. Is there any kinda trick to making it easier?

yeh i used to have trouble with them, but now they're easy.

a mate actualy gave me a tip for thumb positioning which made it hella easier.
hard to explain, but instead of using the tip of your thumb to click both, use lower down, just above the base, just where the crease of your thumb joint is

might sound like common sense, but this helped me heaps.

(wonders how many people looked at their thumbs after reading this..)

hard to explain, but instead of using the tip of your thumb to click both, use lower down, just above the base, just where the crease of your thumb joint is

also, for people with kombo's with 1+3,** you can just use, R1 pretty cool ay? square and X together do grabs. and 2+4 does your tag assist if you didnt know.

*kung lao, 2,4,1+3
*sonya tackle.. etc

(sorry mods didnt mean to quote my self lol..) can you make it one post?

A better X-ray combo is j1 1,1,1 ice ball 2,11+2 X-ray 50%

also 3,4 3,4 3,4 slide is like my go to corner combo

if you put your j1,1,1,1 iceball in front of my xray corner combo, you get 53% (from memory)
i forgot about that lol, thanks.

and yes that 3,4 cornerK is the S H I T. they always try to duck low and the med smashes them into 35% !!

Here's a thought: NO.

j/k haha, will definitely get to it.

hahahahah had me going mate.

(again sorry mods.. how do i put multiple quotes in one post?)

Click on the "+ icon in the bottom right corner of each post you wish to quote, then click "reply to thread" at the top or bottom of the page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah i knew about the grab/tag buttons for this but when i see these stupid 1+2 crap i get butthurt :p Will try the thumb option you gave, thank you.

Yeah i knew about the grab/tag buttons for this but when i see these stupid 1+2 crap i get butthurt :p Will try the thumb option you gave, thank you.

I Switched My Controls(XBOX) So X=FP. A=BP. Y=FK. B=BK. To me the games plays much much smoother like this

2,1,1+2 is A,X,A+X

(Corner) You can close ice bomb then hit 3,3 then do the 3,4 3,4 3,4 3,3, EX slide
Also, you can launch a midscreen ice bomb, uppercut, and they will land on the bomb perfectly
You can string 2,1,2+1 into B3, 2 and vice versa (timing has to be perfect)
F+1, U+4 is a Godsend. 19% on two hits

I'm strongly considering maining CSZ right now. I feel like he's more versatile than my current main (Smoke), and that a good deal of his moves are less punishable. His moveset overall is just fun for me, I think. Ice Parry = love.

I'm strongly considering maining CSZ right now. I feel like he's more versatile than my current main (Smoke), and that a good deal of his moves are less punishable. His moveset overall is just fun for me, I think. Ice Parry = love.

You should bro!
Cyber Sub's mix-up's are Great!
He has been my main for quite awhile now

You should bro!
Cyber Sub's mix-up's are Great!
He has been my main for quite awhile now

I may just, bro. :p Actually, considering he's one of the only characters I can pull off a consistent 8-hit combo (yeah, my game is weak, whatever), I should main him. I'm really hating the very narrow hit-box on the ice bomb though.

CSZ is in a word, amazing. The stuff I've discovered in the lab is craaazy!

Okay so he kinda has a nice lil bomb trap:

Medium bomb, uppercut, dash, 2,1,2+1,dash, 2,1, slide = 32%

This one is a bit of a reset/trap but it can prolly be escaped with a tech roll or ex move. Still:
Jp,2,1, 2+1,dash, medium bomb, dash, 2,1,2+1, dash 2,1,slide

16% and 30%

Of course the second part of the combo they might block the first two hits but the launcher and bomber connect at the same time for a free hit

Pressure:
F2,2,1, cancel into medium bomb, F2,2,1.. If they block the second string the bomb will get them, then you can neutral punch into F1,4 for 30%

A variation of that is after the medium bom, dash in for 2,1,2+1 for the launcher. Again the launcher and bomb will connect at same time.

Mid screen combo, 43%, no meter:

Jp, 2,1, ice ball, jp, 2,1,2+1, U4 cancel into slide.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time canceling U4 into slide and I aso CAN'T neutral jump punch after a 2,1,2+1... dash.

Any tips?

I'm having a hard time canceling U4 into slide and I aso CAN'T neutral jump punch after a 2,1,2+1... dash.

Any tips?

Practise the U4 cancel into the slide on the ground first. Once you get comfortable, use it in the combo. For some reason it only connects if you use the two jps in the combo.

You could prolly dash then neutral punch but that's hard, very hard to do.

U4 into teleport rinse repeat DEAL WITH THAT!!!

Lol I ended using that on someone! Catches people offguard as they think its an infinite!

The best CSZ vid is the one by Pig Of The Hut.

Olympus it won't let me look at your vid, I'm on me phone right now, but I'll check it out in the morning.

Which one Zoid?

The thing with CSZ, is he doesn't have bomb traps like Cyrax does. A lot of CSubs are situational and you have to bait people.

For example you can go 2, 1, 2+1, ,medium bomb and dash. Now the bomb will land under them but it's not a guaranteed free hit. You can connect another 2, 1, 2+1 and get the extra hit, but if a character has a good wakeup that negates that, what do you do? However, if you dash after the bomb and do Ice Parry, the parry will stop most wakeups, and will knock them onto the bomb.

I also know, if you throw a medium bomb out at full screen, and Ex slide, you can knock them back onto the bomb.

You can divekick them onto the bomb.

If someone is really close to you, you can throw a medium bomb and then uppercut them onto the bomb.

You can throw a medium bomb, and U4 or F2, 2, 1. Even if they block, the those normals will stagger them back.

A great corner one is if you are juggling and get two neutral punches on them, throw a close bomb. They are immediately under pressure again.

Those are some of the ones I found, but a lot of his are situational rather than pure guaranteed set ups like Cyrax.

Doing his U4 into slide is tricky to do in a pinch, let alone online.

If you get them with a jp, 2, 1, freeze, then go for jp, 2, 1, 2+1, dash UP4 cancel into slide, the damage is something like 43%. Yeah, you lose the reset but you gain about 9% more damage if you opt for the slide instead of the bomb.

Here is my tip of the day. Throw a medium bomb, then do F2, 2, 1 on them. Even if they block, you push them back onto the bomb. Hell, you can cancel that string into another bomb and keep applying pressure or bait out a wakeup move.

Doing his U4 into slide is tricky to do in a pinch, let alone online.

If you get them with a jp, 2, 1, freeze, then go for jp, 2, 1, 2+1, dash UP4 cancel into slide, the damage is something like 43%. Yeah, you lose the reset but you gain about 9% more damage if you opt for the slide instead of the bomb.

Here is my tip of the day. Throw a medium bomb, then do F2, 2, 1 on them. Even if they block, you push them back onto the bomb. Hell, you can cancel that string into another bomb and keep applying pressure or bait out a wakeup move.

The reset I was talking about doesn't work in combos. Start with up4 mid bomb on standing opponent. It staggers them into the bomb and the 2,2,1+2 string makes it impossible for them to get out.