how would in-game Stage fatalites work in MK9?

Death traps in MKD-MKA were awesome. However in MK9 this wouldn't work too well. There would have to be death traps at the very edges of the arena. This is because you cant move north or south you can only go left or right. You fight in a straight LINE. giving it an arcade feel to the game?.

I liked the death traps, it added another element to the gameplay and made things more intense. If you got hit into one, it was your fault because your lack of situational awareness. They wouldn't work in MK9 though.

Like some have said, I think these death traps only work best on a 3D plane. You can get around it much easier. So it wouldn't really work on a 2D plane.

Although on a side note (and a bit off topic), I would like to see stage extensions in MK9. Not with just an uppercut either, but maybe 3 neutral jump punches through the ground? Think about it.

Like some have said, I think these death traps only work best on a 3D plane. You can get around it much easier. So it wouldn't really work on a 2D plane.

Although on a side note (and a bit off topic), I would like to see stage extensions in MK9. Not with just an uppercut either, but maybe 3 neutral jump punches through the ground? Think about it.

Like UMK3?:)

The death traps are stupid -.-;;

Nothing should ever kill you in ONE HIT. Situatonal awareness or not. You have to side-dodge certain moves ect ect. You can't ALWAYS keep the death trap away from your back. Especially if you got carried combo'd or tricked into getting there.

Dunno in my opinion it's not good for competitive play. But It's a LOL cool thing for casual play.

Death traps are basically glorified ring outs. With MK9's small arenas and how easy it is for some characters carry an opponent across the screen, I'm not too keen on the idea.