MKT on PS3 Help

Chau

Can someone tell me what the problem is? Everytime I start up Trilogy, everything is ok, but when it gets to the screen that has "Mortal Kombat, 2vs2 etc." the only one that works is "Options" everytime I put the other 3 it says "CD ERROR". What do I do? Is the game broken or is it my PS3?
(PS3 Fat, 320 GB)

I have a slim 350 gb and my MKT works fine. If its getting all the way to that screen then its not your PS3. The disc needs to be cleaned if you have any mom and pop game trading stores near you they'll usually have a disc cleaner. It takes a layer off the disc so it will play properly it should only cost you a few dollars. But try cleaning it @ home first with something soft to wipe it with like a sock. Glass cleaner is safe but don't use anything harsh like 409 of course. Try that and if it still doesn't work take it to be cleaned.

I found that just running water on the disc and using a soft chamois style towel or cloth (like the kind sold as screen cleaners for smartphones) does the trick most of the time. Just make sure you dry it off from the center hole out to the edge to not get any weird streaks on it.

Yeh the only problems you'll run into for MKT on the PS2/PS3 is when you beat the game or die and let the "Try Again" timer hit zero. Other than that MKT runs 100% perfectly (slower but it is from like 97) so I would definately try to clean the disc. If it doesn't work I suggest buying a new copy IMMEDIATELY because the price is going up higher and higher as time goes.

If they could just remake/rerelease at least one MKT port like UMK3 on 360 i could die happy...

MK Trilogy works just fine on my ps3. I have the 60gb day 1 release that I replaced the hard drive to a 500gb.

Actually all ps1/2 games work just fine on my ps3.

I have a slim 350 gb and my MKT works fine. If its getting all the way to that screen then its not your PS3. The disc needs to be cleaned if you have any mom and pop game trading stores near you they'll usually have a disc cleaner. It takes a layer off the disc so it will play properly it should only cost you a few dollars. But try cleaning it @ home first with something soft to wipe it with like a sock. Glass cleaner is safe but don't use anything harsh like 409 of course. Try that and if it still doesn't work take it to be cleaned.

I call BS on you. A slim Ps3 is NOT BC with ps2/ ps1 games. Liar.

Wrong, it is BC with PS1 games. I have a slim PS3 and my MKT works perfectly. The only problems I know of is a lock up when the continue timer reaches 0, and a black screen after you complete ladder from which you have to reset. Apart from that it's great.

Yea man, I agree with you! I even called up Sony on SEVERAL occasions to see if I could get different stories, and they all said the same thing! The PS3 Slims are NOT backwards compatible with ANY PSX or PS2 games anymore! So I call BS on that also. Plus I have tried putting several PSX game's and PS2 game's into my system and NONE of them worked! And my PS3 Slim is BRAND-NEW, AND None of my old games have a SINGLE scratch on them. Yea, I am a CLEAN FREAK when it comes to my DVD movie and game collection! Hahah!

:p

:p

All PS3s play PSX games but they are region locked. If you have a PAL PSX game you can only play it on a PAL PS3 and so on.