Cyrax Thread - "Safeties Disabled; Combat Mode Engaged!"

Ok let's go down the list. Cyrax needs the high damage output. Jax? His resets are complety unblockable and he has a 100% block strin that would even allow you to duck so it will kill you. Sheeva? He frana advantage after she knows you down is good like and she's the only character with actual frama traps. Baraka is underestimated but damage output is around 33 38 every singly time not most chars can do that. Striker and sonya also have frame advantage so uppercuts and sweeps can litterally save you. Ermac is a nother caracter with no low combo starters but high damage output. 1 meter 47 2 meter 52 62% xray. Even scorp has a low combo starter. F4 into spear crazy mix up potientail. Just cause you get caught by big combos doesn mean anything should change. People who can do these combos should be rewarded for it. Cause if they decreams the damage that me the big huge comboc gonna be doing 40 and your lil scrub combo aren't gonna break 10. Ha sucks for you

block strings are unintended game mechanics and get patched out, dont use it as a reason/excuse for anything.

also 30-35% is avg meterless damage for the cast.

also your assuming (and yes its making an ass out of u) i get caught in combos constantly. that is not my motivation for what i said at all. its because in my personal opinion 2-3 screw ups resulting in gameover in a 30 second timeframe seems rather anticlimactic. less damage means longer fights means potentially more fun to be had! easiest way to do that is nerf combo damage across the board. or to give players 2-3 hp bars with different colors...either way all its just messing with numbers.

also given that i can do all th hard combos on my mains (noob, csz, reptile, kano...and a bit of rain) sorta makes your comment on my abilities moot.

your last comment was straight up inflammatory about my lil scrub combo. knock it off and try to construct a actual debate.

My opinion is simple. combo damage=too high in this game, lower all combo damage for everyone by a proportionate amount means everyones still even, but fights last longer. cyrax would still be king of combo damage.

My comment about 2-3 screwups doesnt mean i screw up constantly (or dont, either way) it just seems silly that 2-3 means gameover screen.

as you can tell, i main noob for said reason (less overall combo damage) but i can still do his 50%+ metered corner game and his 100%+ multiple reset blackhole combos. and yes i think its all too high!

so instead of interpretting as "wah i hate cyrax" see it for what it is, my take on the state of the games combo system.

ps. cyrax is cool

I think 2 is not ok, 3 mess ups is ok. Not optimal but ok. Tekken & SC systems seem to go along with the same notion with capable gamers. 3 mess ups I think is ok for a notable fighter. 3 strikes your out.

4 would be great tho. that extra 33.3% gives you something to really work with after previous mistakes.

i think cyraxs damage output (once the resets are fixed) should stay the same. The reason i say this is because he isnt a rushdown character and rarely gets much damage from blocked strings. Characters like Lao, sonya, cage etc, although dont do as much damage in the combo department as cyrax does, they more then make up for it with there rushdown damage on blocked strings. It all evens out imo.

From what ive heard, there going to keep his damage the same, but fix the resets. most notably the buzzsaw and net resets. This is good news.

i think cyraxs damage output (once the resets are fixed) should stay the same. The reason i say this is because he isnt a rushdown character and rarely gets much damage from blocked strings. Characters like Lao, sonya, cage etc, although dont do as much damage in the combo department as cyrax does, they more then make up for it with there rushdown damage on blocked strings. It all evens out imo.

From what ive heard, there going to keep his damage the same, but fix the resets. most notably the buzzsaw and net resets. This is good news.

Yeah, that works for me. Cyrax NEEDS his high damage because of his lack of quick normals and low hits.

Yeah, that works for me. Cyrax NEEDS his high damage because of his lack of quick normals and low hits.

low hits are good, but mixups are not as important in mk9 as other fighters. instead things like mindgames and pressure is where its at. something cyrax has.

im not saying im gonna go around saying how he needs nerfed, i dont care enough for that. but no character should do that much damage, and imo most chars do too much as it is.

low hits are good, but mixups are not as important in mk9 as other fighters. instead things like mindgames and pressure is where its at. something cyrax has.

im not saying im gonna go around saying how he needs nerfed, i dont care enough for that. but no character should do that much damage, and imo most chars do too much as it is.

Im inclined to agree in one respect

Ok I main cyrax and even I'm gettin annoyed at these resets. When the **** are tey gonna patch these. The saw and second net resets are hella stupid I never use em but theve been used on me. They really need to patch theses. ****in annoying..

Hey.

I'm starting Cyrax again and I'd like to know some good strategies with him, good set-ups for bomb traps etc. Also, I know it's the Devil's work, but knowing some things about his resets and stuff would be nice to know as well. I already do his combos that start off with 2 1 xx net and other related combos starting like that, but I'd really appreciate more things like bomb set-ups and how to trick my opponent into a bomb--things like that. I like mind-games.

Hey.

I'm starting Cyrax again and I'd like to know some good strategies with him, good set-ups for bomb traps etc. Also, I know it's the Devil's work, but knowing some things about his resets and stuff would be nice to know as well. I already do his combos that start off with 2 1 xx net and other related combos starting like that, but I'd really appreciate more things like bomb set-ups and how to trick my opponent into a bomb--things like that. I like mind-games.

21 net njp b2 dash 1 dash 12 mid bomb

Then mix it up at the end so they don't know when to recover

My favorite is
33 net jp 21 ex bomb walk forward njp teleport 1 dash 12 mid bomb
confuses them

21 net njp b2 dash 1 dash 12 mid bomb

Then mix it up at the end so they don't know when to recover

My favorite is
33 net jp 21 ex bomb walk forward njp teleport 1 dash 12 mid bomb
confuses them

There is such thing as EX/wakeup moves with armor/invincibility.

There is such thing as EX/wakeup moves with armor/invincibility.

Yea there is. But if you dash an 22 it'll catch em. Not all the time but a trap isn't suppose to unescapable

Edit: plus the juggle is suppose to stagger their actual wake up. If you do it right they won't be able to roll. Which means there's a bigger margin for their error and smaller frame of invicibility

I just was trying out some combos with the command grab and wondered if anyone finds it useful anymore. I can do quite a few meterless combos with it at around 35% although it seems much less hassle to just do a regular combo from a net.

I just was trying out some combos with the command grab and wondered if anyone finds it useful anymore. I can do quite a few meterless combos with it at around 35% although it seems much less hassle to just do a regular combo from a net.

I use it for mix up pressure. Cause they have to decide weather to attack or bloc. Command grab twice cause the grab will always connect if their blockin. Then on the 3rd time you actually start the 2 1 net combo cause they decided to stop blockin and try to attack back but didn't react fast enough.

hey all you cyrax fans!hey i know tony d and hoodfresh got most the INSANE combos down for yrax and have vids to show you all. i just recently put together a small SUPER EASY 52% combo for cyrax for my friend upon request and figured maybe some aspring cyrax's could use it :)

its increeeeddibly easy, 1 bar, 52%, FUN :D im sure many have aready seen it as well and again was just doing it cuz my friend is learning cyrax...

but for anyone interested checkit out! its the first vid on the channel (i mainly do cyber sub zero stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/user/munckee1?feature=mhee

feel free t subscribe and request certain characters... im gonna be doing combos upon request for ANY character but sticking it into the "useable combos" category haha (aka: med. level dificulty that have a wide usage)... but ill do like 30% no meter combo and 40% multi bars combo for each character... will do wall combos and x ray combos on reqest :)