Alice: Madness Returns

Sareena

Who else besides me is getting that game? Best part is you get the first one for free when you pre-order it.

i sure as heck am :) didnt know you got the first one for free though, didn't mention that anywhere i looked when i ordered it :(

Or if you can get it off the store for a good sum of money,glad I put my order in for this bad boy.

Wha? Where do you see a port of American McGee's Alice? I absolutely loved the first one. Would definitely love to get a copy of that, though it has not aged well. I remember playing through the first one 10 yeas ago and blown away. The soundtrack is one of my favorites, composed by Chris Vrenna (Ex NIN/MM/ Tweaker).

Gamestop has listed that all versions only get a sound track. I don't know where this port of AMA comes from? Though I still have a copy of the original for my PC.

Thanks for the heads up about Alice, didn't realize it comes out tomorrow. May cancel my Duke preorder (just getting mediocre reviews at best) and pick up Alice instead.

...whoa just saw a link on the Alice page for this game called Catherine., I have no idea wha the hell it is but by that trailer looks trippy as balls.

My preorder from EA comes tomorrow. I ordered off EA because they are the only ones that listed the original game DLC code comes with it. Snagged PS3 instead of PC this time around.

Just read this at Alice: Madness Returns wiki page....

"Those who do not have the code can purchase the game through Madness Returns' main menu for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live or $9.99 on PlayStation Network. The Alice: Madness Returns game disc will be required in order to access American McGee's Alice"

That is pretty exciting! I have the disc somewhere but no clue where, but I may just buy the old Alice, before I tackle the sequel for old times sake.

Anyone know who is doing the Sountrack for Madness Returns? I absolutely loved the AMA's soundtrack.

Somebody from Nine Inch Nails.

Damn, I knew I should have got the preorder. Kicking myself now. You would be referring to Chris Vrenna who used to be part of NIN and did the original score for AMA. Plus did the score for Quake III: Arena. He goes under the name Tweaker.

The confusion is the advertisement. EA is the only one saying the console versions on it's store come with the DLC code for the original. The other retailers only talk about the OST but at least you can buy the original regardless.

I don't know. I never played the first game, but I do like the whole psychological angle it seems to be going with.

But, it also looks like its catering to high school goth kids who shop and Hot Topic and watch too many Tim Burton movies. I'll hold off on final judgement once I see some gameplay and read a few reviews.

Damn, I knew I should have got the preorder. Kicking myself now. You would be referring to Chris Vrenna who used to be part of NIN and did the original score for AMA. Plus did the score for Quake III: Arena. He goes under the name Tweaker.

Yeah the guys at Gamestop were trying to get me to pre-order Alice because they know of my obsession with NIN. I did some research and found out it was just Chris Vrenna and decided not to get it. I'm not that big of a fan of Vrenna anyways so I'll pass.

I don't know. I never played the first game, but I do like the whole psychological angle it seems to be going with.

But, it also looks like its catering to high school goth kids who shop and Hot Topic and watch too many Tim Burton movies. I'll hold off on final judgement once I see some gameplay and read a few reviews.

The first game was around before goth/emo was really in the stream and Hot Topic didnt even exist then unless it was a local chain. Still waiting on my copy to arrive today. However, from the gameplay and trailers it seems to stay true to the 1st game's look and style.

My copy from EA arrived, it has an "Online Pass" DLC card to grab the original Alice via the ingame menu off PSN. EA also emailed me the d/l link and code for the soundtrack as well. Gonna try it out when I get home in a few hours.

The first game was around before goth/emo was really in the stream and Hot Topic didnt even exist then unless it was a local chain. Still waiting on my copy to arrive today. However, from the gameplay and trailers it seems to stay true to the 1st game's look and style.

Well, I am unfamiliar with the original game...I really didn't even know about it until like last week. I'd be willing to give the new one a shot, provided its good.

Yes. I'm drawn to the surreal demented stuff .And I'll be checking out this game for sure.

sounds wierd but.... am I the only one who finds her super cute????