Kung Lao infinite discovered

a NR developer has already seen this and commented on the vid which is great to know. lets just hope a lot of people don't see this and start using it online.

"Thanks, this will be fixed either in a hotfix just after the upcoming patch or if it looks like the patch will be delayed for any reason it will be done asap."
pakostevens 20 hours ago 4

I doubt that's an NRS developer. It just looks like some guy giving his opinion on it being fixed.

pako stevens is a name paulo garcia, lead designer at NR for mk9 uses for twitter. i hope it's him and it seems likely since this video was originally posted on Testyourmight.com which NR browse every now and then to see what the comunity is up to.

there are also some strong rumors going around that NR might be nerfing kung loa even more, along with this fix after they visited the ufgt7 tournament a few days ago. a few NR devs talked about how kung is mainly being used in tourneys and making a few changes to him might result in more variety of charcters being used in tourneys which make it more entertaining for most people and fairer for the competitiors.

Last edited:
not at all surprised just kinda glad he died looks like kahn had it right sneek up behind the sob quick and painless

Another one. Wow, I faced someone online and he did his Spin Move over and over again while I was in the corner. Or he would punch and then spin and then punch and spin. Repeat.

Kung Lao serisouly needs to be nerfed again and patched.

But you can't deny that he needs it eventually

Meh, I'm not nearly as up in arms about Kung Lao as so many other people seem to be (and no, I'm not a Kung Lao player lol). Maybe his Spin should offer a few more frames in which the opponent can punish but I don't see him as completely and totally broken (outside of the infinites and other true glitches). Most people's complaints seem to stem from one of two things, the strict timing required to punish his Spin (which I addressed) and an overall lack of knowledge of how to fight against Kung Lao. This game is still very new, people still need to feel out all the characters. Some, like Kung Lao, are looking to take longer to feel out than others.

tom brady just posted over this at TYM regarding kung. there's probably a few other fixes and nerfs for kung in the upcoming patch.

"spin will lose 90% of its pushback."

tom brady just posted over this at TYM regarding kung. there's probably a few other fixes and nerfs for kung in the upcoming patch.

I heard someone say on UFGT7 that they might make you able to duck his spin

That is GREAT News!! Kung Lao needs to get nerfed BIG time. That spin move is ridiculous!

Less push back on spin will help a lot (now you won't have to dash in to punish it after blocking), but the real issue is he recovers too damn fast. This being said, I know why NR will never reduce his (or anyone else's) recovery and that is because strangely, punishment is a play style in this game - like zoning or rush down etc.

Still: Kung's spin is getting nerfed and now the match-up is a helluva lot easier to deal with. He won't be herp derping his way to victory any more.

pako stevens is a name paulo garcia, lead designer at NR for mk9 uses for twitter. i hope it's him and it seems likely since this video was originally posted on Testyourmight.com which NR browse every now and then to see what the comunity is up to.

there are also some strong rumors going around that NR might be nerfing kung loa even more, along with this fix after they visited the ufgt7 tournament a few days ago. a few NR devs talked about how kung is mainly being used in tourneys and making a few changes to him might result in more variety of charcters being used in tourneys which make it more entertaining for most people and fairer for the competitiors.

If this is true then I will be the happiest person ever.

im tired of people saying that people just dont know how to fight against him. im no pro but its been a month and i think alot of people aren't idiots and would have found out more weaknesses by now. and the fact that every tourny i've seen but the 1 tom brady was in, had 2 kung lao's fighting it out for the prize...again. i swear every time i see someone say this im thinking "yea his main is kung lao."

That is amazing. That's what pissed me off the most is that it pushed you pack. Like wth? Now if they can only fix his recover time because people are gonna spam it twice in a row just to get it off lol