Is it me or does Shao Kahn get easier everytime you loose to him on story mode?

Dedamn666

Dont know if this has been posted before but on arcade ladder i seemed to notice the first time you face Shao Kahn he is really quite noticeably harder than if you loose a few times. The first few times he seems to just throw an onslaught of special attacks at you, then if you loose a few times he seems to taunt more and lay of the specials
This seems to defeat the object of him in my opinion and the challenge

I still think he's about the cheapest boss I've ever fought. I can't get the Achievement for beating ladder on Expert without continuing because of him. I can make it to his fight, but he just cheaps me to death in a matter of seconds! But the key is to get him in a projectile / taunt battle.

I still think he's about the cheapest boss I've ever fought. I can't get the Achievement for beating ladder on Expert without continuing because of him. I can make it to his fight, but he just cheaps me to death in a matter of seconds! But the key is to get him in a projectile / taunt battle.

Same here. I tried getting that Achievement yesterday, and I'd never played on Expert before. Got all the way to him, only lost 3 rounds (no matches), and he whooped my ass.

On topic: I think all of them get easier the more times you try them. It took me about 15 tries to beat End Game, but the last time was actually fairly easy.

Dont know if this has been posted before but on arcade ladder i seemed to notice the first time you face Shao Kahn he is really quite noticeably harder than if you loose a few times. The first few times he seems to just throw an onslaught of special attacks at you, then if you loose a few times he seems to taunt more and lay of the specials
This seems to defeat the object of him in my opinion and the challenge

I had this impression when fighting him the first time on story mode (with liy kang) and on ladder, but the last time on story mode (with raiden) he didn't get easier.

The MK guys confirmed this in some interview. Kahn and the other bosses "gradually get easier". They were talking about the Challenge Tower at the time but I am sure its the same for ladder and Story mode.

I noticed that after Kahn rocks you for a few times, if you keep you distance, he will just sit there and taunt you, leaving him open for projectile's all match long.

Jeary is right. Everytime you press RETRY after you lose, they become slightly easier. This of course stacks up and can make a big difference. Although, if you press retry during the match [in the challenge tower], then the difficulty remains the same..