Shao Kahn: playable

I think they have to have tons of rewards and unlockables. So if you beat the game w/ every character you unlock Shao Kahn. It would be a race for the nerds to unlock him and start whooping ass online

this is old and misunderstood. i remeber him just saying it would be nice for classic characters to have special tag moves. raiden and shao khan were xamples

I'm not buying into this one. But if it were true...

2qxu5qc.png

Yeah uh.. Right under that it says that the producer of the new mk series is considering Britney Spears as Sonya Blade. I wouldn't buy into this one, fellas.

It's true guys, I got the magazine :\

I'm still not buyin' it. Even if he is, I doubt he'll be online playable.

Yeah uh.. Right under that it says that the producer of the new mk series is considering Britney Spears as Sonya Blade. I wouldn't buy into this one, fellas.

Yep I saw that one, it's even posted on the same date as the Shao Kahn news. To make matters worse, aside from the idea of Britney having anything to do with MK, is that they're speaking of the "3rd Mortal Kombat Movie". Not even the series, but the movie. Which obviously isn't happening.

It's true guys, I got the magazine :\

If you have the magazine, I'm assuming you're Italian. Would you mind translating that section yourself for us? Just for another reference of what exactly was said.

Last edited:
Nothing is ever confirmed until either a.) someone from NRS actually confirms it or b.) we're playing the game and can confirm it that way. Magazines lie sometimes, too. ::coughcoughErmacInMK1coughcough:: ;-)

Shawn they make an interview with *hail* Mister Ed Boon *hail* ... I don't think this is fake.

I'm not saying it's fake, I'm just saying we can't jump to conclusions. If, in fact, Ed himself was interviewed in the magazine and said that, then it's pretty much a sure thing. The last thing I heard was that Ed (or someone else from the team) said boss characters would not be playable. Then again.... he also said that Sub-Zero was the older, original Sub-Zero. Yeah..... so.... anyway. lol :p

I'm definitely hoping for a transcription error of some kind and that this isn't true. Playable bosses sucks, they're never ever balanced. Then retards online will pick them constantly.

Exactly why I'd like a second translation. Misinterpretation is common between languages.

I remember hearing/reading/watching an interview where he basically said the same thing. That it would be cool to have special moves based on classic tagteam setups. IE subzero and scoprion, kabal and kano, RAIDEN AND SHAO KHAN OR LIU KANG. it looks to me that the magazine printed this as new but this is definately something that has been spoken on before.

I hate that. I hope they just leave it alone and make him NOT playable. NO BOSS should be playable it totally takes away from the intimidation factor.