Possible Movie-inspired DLC?

USSCrazybat

Just wondering, Ed says they are planning to do a lot of stuff with DLC, do you think they'll release content (costumes, stages, etc) inspired by the two MK movies and possibly rebirth? Really liked the ninjas in the first movie.

Just wondering, Ed says they are planning to do a lot of stuff with DLC, do you think they'll release content (costumes, stages, etc) inspired by the two MK movies and possibly rebirth? Really liked the ninjas in the first movie.

I can't find anything THAT good in those movies that could inspire DLCs, but I wouldn't be surprised if they add some little references here and there to the movies; Kano himself already looks inspired by Trevor Goddard...

But would be interesting if they release a spin-off inspired by the MK Rebirth vision of the MK universe, like a "what if..." version.

I wouldn't mind Shang's Island (where Liu fought that guy with dreads, speaking of who was that guy? Nimbus? lol) or the Pit IV (Where Shang/Liu fought) but that's about all I'd want from the movie. I wasn't really a fan of the ninjas in that game.

I wouldn't mind. I just want DLC to be worth it. I don't want to be sitting here 6 months later like man MK was hot for a minute wish it was more.

The movie ninjas would be really cool. I loved Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile's costumes in that film.

Maybe Art can be a downloadable character. lol

I'd like there to b quite a bit of DLC. But I want it to be relevant to the game. And obviously more characters, costumes, arenas etc. to keep us busy.

I'm not really interested in any downloadable content based on the first two movies.The first one was so close to the games that it doesn't really have anything to offer that the Klassic Kostumes and stages don't. Second movie has the same problem, and the less said about that movie, the better.

However, I'm really hot on the idea of DLC costumes based on the Rebirth video. Scorpion, Baraka and Reptile has some really unique designs that I would love to see in the game.

Art Lean would be totally awesome as DLC! I also want Johnny Cage's green shirt, black pants, and sunglasses. :)

EDIT: Another I didn't think of was Sindel's outfit from the very end of Annihilation. That was gorgeous. It reminded me of Sophitia from Soul Calibur.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind unlocking Scorpions Snake Spear thing, that actually comes out of his hand, but other than that, meh.

Half the time it came out of his shirt sleeve, rather than his hand. Ahhhh, 90s special effects...

I'd like to have the ninja's costumes and stages from the first movie.
As for the 2nd one, I try to pretend it never happened.

I hope that Art would be a character. That would be cool. JC WITH GREEN SHIRT AND BLACK PANTS PWNS! That would be a great costume! And Sindel, her costume looks revelant to the story so I'm in with that.

I love the stage where Liu Kang and Kitana were fighting in.

The beach with the flags all around the arena? That was my favorite! I liked the Scorpion's lair stage too. It would be a neat Easter egg if they made that stage DLC and then if you played it with Scorpion he would yell "welcome!"

The beach with the flags all around the arena? That was my favorite! I liked the Scorpion's lair stage too. It would be a neat Easter egg if they made that stage DLC and then if you played it with Scorpion he would yell "welcome!"

Yes that place! And hell yes it would!