MK9 not getting enough Magazine Coverage?

USSCrazybat

Just wondering, I have a subscription to UK PS3 magazine PLAY, and two issues back, there was this really nice four-page long MK piece with the (at the time) new Sonya shots. It covered everything, and I must have read it like five times. In the next issue, the only MK I got was a render of Cyrax and Kitana with Ryu, and Boony talking about how MK was inspired by SF in their comeback. However, on the cover bag of the issue that I recieved today, MK was one of the main features. Guess what I got.

Kratos lovin. :The_Villagers:

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-:_mad::banghead:

All I could see, was the old screen of that spartan albino kicking Ermac, and three paragraphs of how he's suited for MK.:rant::madsign3:

I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks this game needs more coverage and exclusives?

Coverage, sure. But all the information we get is from magazines, and you've described quite a lot, to be honest. >_>

Honestly, I thought MK has got plenty of magazine coverage, even appearing on front covers. Anyone who follows video games would least be aware of the upcoming MK. What more do you want?

I think they are getting plenty as well. They have been in your 3 of your PS2 Play magazines, 2 Game Informers, and probably more like Xbox magazine and such! Most games only get seen in 1 magazine, we have been in at least 5 already

not much, just maybe some up-to-date stuff. In the bonus DVD i got the Kratos reveal trailer. They use content that's like two months old. Can't they use the Millena stuff at least? I guess my problem's really with the magazine itself - all the american mags like game informer get the jade reveal and loads of other stuff.

Of course I realise that, but things like the Millena Vig arrived at the same time my last issue did. More than enough time. I'll see if I can find a game informer.....

NetherRealm / WB would actually have to release new info to get more coverage.

^ This...

I asked the PR company handling info for MK9 about getting more stuff on the game for the competitive community. Their response to me was, "NRS isn't sending out preview copies right now". I asked when they would be issuing preview copies and never heard back.

My point is, don't blame the magazines for the poor PR we're seeing.

^ This...

I asked the PR company handling info for MK9 about getting more stuff on the game for the competitive community. Their response to me was, "NRS isn't sending out preview copies right now". I asked when they would be issuing preview copies and never heard back.

My point is, don't blame the magazines for the poor PR we're seeing.

Is this DrDogg from DOACentral?

I wish characters like Sindel, Ermac and Jade got proper reveals instead of few screens in magazines, which I can't even get. The only three characters that got a nice reveal were Jax, Cyrax and Kitana. They got a video showing their moves.

Just wondering, I have a subscription to UK PS3 magazine PLAY, and two issues back, there was this really nice four-page long MK piece with the (at the time) new Sonya shots. It covered everything, and I must have read it like five times. In the next issue, the only MK I got was a render of Cyrax and Kitana with Ryu, and Boony talking about how MK was inspired by SF in their comeback. However, on the cover bag of the issue that I recieved today, MK was one of the main features. Guess what I got.

Kratos lovin. :The_Villagers:

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-:_mad::banghead:

All I could see, was the old screen of that spartan albino kicking Ermac, and three paragraphs of how he's suited for MK.:rant::madsign3:

I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks this game needs more coverage and exclusives?

I feel your pain, somewhat.

On one hand, Kratos should be an aside, not a primary focus. However, the whole reason for his inclusion is to draw in non-MK fans, so of course they're gonna up-play footage of him.

On the other hand, NRS is using peek-a-boo marketing tactics (they release just enough info to keep people interested), so the lack of coverage is intentional. Personally, I like it, too. I don't want the whole game (or even the whole roster) revealed until it drops, so I can't hate on the "lack of coverage" too much. My only fear is that they include someone I complete despise from the 3D era of MK, but so far, I have high hopes that they're not gonna disappoint me in this respect.

yeah, but i would still like something to keep me going, like competetive matches between the NRS sraff. I'll see what tuesday brings - fingers crossed for a demo, with tag team and online. Maybe even Ermac will be in.....

nice avatar
But id say they have got enough. Im just hoping when the game is closer REAL CLOSE to release they show some ads on tv. Especially the shadows trailer id be so happy for once

I think the game has a good amount of coverage. Who cares about magazine coverage, it's all about the web, and there's plenty of info out on the web!

I hope to see the unreaveled gameplay of Ermac, Jade and of course one of the last revealed character : Kano, as soon as I saw him, i thought oh man he looks awesome! :twisted:

Yes... but can I be the DrDogg from Tekken Zaibatsu or Shoryuken or Test Your Might instead?

Awesome dude, I used to post at DOAcentral years ago. We will have to play some MK when it comes out. No, I only remembered you from DOAcentral so those do not count. Weren't you from Minneapolis or was I thinking of someone else from that forum?

Awesome dude, I used to post at DOAcentral years ago. We will have to play some MK when it comes out. No, I only remembered you from DOAcentral so those do not count. Weren't you from Minneapolis or was I thinking of someone else from that forum?

I'm west coast. I've stopped at the Minneapolis airport a few times though...