Man we've come a long way!!!! (watch all of them)

because when MK first hit the streets it attracted the attention of many parents and even poloticians. I think it was sega that wouldn't even sell it at first unless it was cencored. Don't quote me on that. I remember some versions replaced the blood with sweat!! it looked rediculous. It was like light blue.

Nintendo wouldn't sell it without censoring and Sega allowed it, but they included the infamous blood code to allow players to turn the blood red. I don't know if Sega or someone else told them to turn the blood gray. MK pretty much single-handedly spawned the creation of the ESRB, too.

Well thankfully they put the blood back for MK3 (My first MK). I think it's funny how I was introduced to this level of violence when I was about 5 or 6 - Good times :3

Yup. I remembered when I first rented MKT (my first MK experience ever) for N64. I was like 10 years old I think? But anyways, I was scared at first but after a while, I started liking the violence.

Nintendo wouldn't sell it without censoring and Sega allowed it, but they included the infamous blood code to allow players to turn the blood red. I don't know if Sega or someone else told them to turn the blood gray. MK pretty much single-handedly spawned the creation of the ESRB, too.

It was actually the SNES version that had gray blood/sweat. ;)

because when MK first hit the streets it attracted the attention of many parents and even poloticians. I think it was sega that wouldn't even sell it at first unless it was cencored. Don't quote me on that. I remember some versions replaced the blood with sweat!! it looked rediculous. It was like light blue.

No way. I had the SEGA version as a kid and I remember there being blood in it.

He was thinking of Nintendo... but the Sega version was censored as well, sort of. You had to put in a code for the blood and the uncensored fatalities.

Really? I wonder why mine had blood in it. I know my mother didn't put in any code... And I didn't have any older siblings... Hmmm

Really? I wonder why mine had blood in it. I know my mother didn't put in any code... And I didn't have any older siblings... Hmmm

The blood is there but the fatalities were toned-down. For instance, with Raiden's Head Zap your head would explode if the code was entered but your character would just fall over if it wasn't. Sub would simply uppercut you instead of doing the Spine Rip.

The blood is there but the fatalities were toned-down. For instance, with Raiden's Head Zap your head would explode if the code was entered but your character would just fall over if it wasn't. Sub would simply uppercut you instead of doing the Spine Rip.

I never really performed Fatalities as a kid so that's probably why I didn't notice. I didn't actually know about Fatalities until I was a teenager.