All You Guests

Sub-Zero

I see like 40+ of you all trolling but not posting. So join the site NOW and quit being an Intrawebz Mute. We want your company, input, and most importantly the extra post count.

Join now.

alot of us visit the forum simply to get the latest updates on the new game and don't really feel the need to discuss anything at this point...

I was in that boat until just recently...

Done. :)

I'm David, I work at IGN (Movies side, sorry guys, no inside info from me) and live in St. Louis. Stumbled upon this informative website via Google while looking for new info on the upcoming Mortal Kombat.

I won't claim to be the biggest MK fan on the planet; I was an arcade junkie from MK-UMK3, playing MK3/UMK3 religiously. Attended the MK4 tour (still wear my MK4 tour shirt!) but to this day think the game is the weakest link in the series. I enjoyed Deadly Alliance and Deception (DA a bit more), but never got around to Armageddon; they're good games but to me, Mortal Kombat is 2D because that's the generation I came up in.

So naturally, I'm more excited than I have been for any game in several years (probably BioShock) for the release of Mortal Kombat. I look forward to the throwback gameplay (minus the infinite juggling combos--always felt a bit cheap to me to just remove the controller from the opponent's hand and deal half damage before he has the chance to throw a punch), I look forward to the familiar characters, and I look forward to jumping into a spectator game, waiting for my "quarter" to be up, just like back in the day.

I can't applaud NetherRealm Studios more for drawing me back in with a bevy of reasons that I became a Mortal Kombat fan in the first place. It's going to be a long, albeit fun, wait for the game to arrive.

Wouldn't trolling be a form of posting, even if its to annoy people rather than actually make a discussion? Anyways, I read forum posts before I consider joining. I checked out another MK forum...to put it gently, I don't think I would get along with most of the people over there. This place seems to be relatively level-headed as far as its members go.

Last edited:
How many of the "guests" are search engines? Good luck getting a response from a bot.
I won't claim to be the biggest MK fan on the planet; I was an arcade junkie from MK-UMK3, playing MK3/UMK3 religiously. Attended the MK4 tour (still wear my MK4 tour shirt!) but to this day think the game is the weakest link in the series. I enjoyed Deadly Alliance and Deception (DA a bit more), but never got around to Armageddon; they're good games but to me, Mortal Kombat is 2D because that's the generation I came up in.
MK4 was the least deserving of a tour, but I traveled about an hour to play it on the tour. Even helped them unload the machine.

I waited in line two hours to play MK4 and promptly got destroyed by some chick who played as if she knew every move. Literally lost flawlessly twice and boom, I was out of the game in like 25 seconds, haha.

Welcome everyone, I moved this to our General discussion area so don't be alarmed.

I waited in line two hours to play MK4 and promptly got destroyed by some chick who played as if she knew every move. Literally lost flawlessly twice and boom, I was out of the game in like 25 seconds, haha.

I loved the MK4 road tour, it hasn't been this exciting since maybe the MKDA Road Tour which was a Nintendo only event and not as wide spread.