Konquest Story : my opinion

MajorWeirdo

Hi,

As a european PS2 owner I only got my hands on MKA October 27th (and only started playing like last week...).

Nevertheless, I finished Konquest with 46 found relics (which is not bad, not using the ever so handy TRMK Interactive Konquest Guide).

I must say, I really loved the story. Ed Boon and his team really gave us some good background information for numerous characters, including how the Red Dragon Clan got formed and why (who would have thought that it was actually kind of a hommage to Daegon's Red Dragon....

Top stuff from the MK team, really great!!

Now I'm going back for another Konquest round for the remaining relics.

As for the arcade mode, well that's an entire different story.... :(

the konquest story was a lot of fun, I love the scenes involving Shinnok and how Taven took out Li' Mei not realising Shinnok was a bad guy. I also like the scene in the Crimson forest with Fujin and later Raiden's apparent insanity. Although they could have come up with a better ending instead of just using Taven's Kombat ending.

Well, the Konquest storyline was definitely VERY good. Shinnok had the perfect voice actor and he was so deceptively evil! It was voiced well and the story flowed. You got to meet alot of people and see how they were interacting in the time approaching armageddon. It set us up for a good wrap up to the storyline but then the endings just flopped....no "FINALITY!"

Well, the Konquest storyline was definitely VERY good. Shinnok had the perfect voice actor and he was so deceptively evil! It was voiced well and the story flowed. You got to meet alot of people and see how they were interacting in the time approaching armageddon. It set us up for a good wrap up to the storyline but then the endings just flopped....no "FINALITY!"

What he said. I enjoyed Konquest in MKA, as well, and prefer it over MKD's Konquest, which was just...boring and blah, to me. However, the whole sense of 'finality' in not just Konquest, but the entire game itself is somewhat disappointing. The ending made it sound like MK8 is just gonna be a continuation of MKA (not that I'm gonna care, because MKA is the lask MK game I'll be purchasing).