May 16th, 2006
1:37 PM CST -
In Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, the Create a Fatality feature is as easy as customizing your Whopper hamburger. In this E3 2006 video clip, we show off a few fatalities that will make you beg for more. The longest we saw performed at the show was a massive 10 move fatality. The time counter gets shorter after every move. And at 10, it is nearly impossible to pull off another move in time. In this video, the longest we caught was a 7 move fatality. Check 'em out.


Click the above image to play the video. If the video does not appear for you, install QuickTime 7. Check back later for more of our continuing coverage of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon at E3 2006.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



May 16th, 2006 2:12 PM CST - zeke009
pretty cool! Kind of funny that you can smack them around a little with their own limb. Wonder else they will add to the system for its release.
May 16th, 2006 2:31 PM CST - The 7th Number
thats cool...but im guessing this is going to get boring and repetitive. I will probly make 1 killer fatality up with my favorite moves and use that one over and over. i guess that beats playing deception and when he says finish him i do a stupid punch cos i dont remember any fatalities. :D
May 16th, 2006 4:00 PM CST - Vigilante_FireDragon
Why did I expect the fatality to be this common! I wanted to see something nasty and gory, but I take that as an exception.
May 16th, 2006 4:29 PM CST - kold_as_ice92
let's just pray that there's more blood in the final version than what we saw here. but otherwise that stuff looks pwn-worthy.
May 16th, 2006 4:30 PM CST - Princess Dis
This system looks like shit. I really wish they had just kept the old version where you put a code in, and enjoy the show.
May 16th, 2006 5:11 PM CST - Chaka
The video isn't loading, even after I installed Quick Time (and freaking iTunes, which I didn't want...) can you posta link like the one for the stage fatalities video so I can load it up?
May 16th, 2006 6:30 PM CST - Kona
I hate quicktime so it isn't on my computer, is there anyway to have these uploaded so i can download or possibly Youtube?
May 16th, 2006 6:59 PM CST - TetterkeT
Originally Posted by : Princess Dis
This system looks like shit. I really wish they had just kept the old version where you put a code in, and enjoy the show.
I kinda like it. It gives you the ability to come up with the coolest chain of finishers and is somewhat reminiscent of Killer Instinct. My favorite finisher that I was able to pull off was: 1. Draw sword and slice off arm 2. Pull out brain 3. Pull out heart 4. Pull off other arm 5. Hit with arm 6. Hit with arm 7. Hit with arm 8. Hit with arm 9. Hit with arm 10. Pull off head
May 16th, 2006 8:06 PM CST - Prophet
Originally Posted by : TetterkeT
[quote=Princess Dis]This system looks like shit. I really wish they had just kept the old version where you put a code in, and enjoy the show.
I kinda like it. It gives you the ability to come up with the coolest chain of finishers and is somewhat reminiscent of Killer Instinct. My favorite finisher that I was able to pull off was: 1. Draw sword and slice off arm 2. Pull out brain 3. Pull out heart 4. Pull off other arm 5. Hit with arm 6. Hit with arm 7. Hit with arm 8. Hit with arm 9. Hit with arm 10. Pull off head[/quote] So would you say it was one of those things that looks really iffy, but plays really well?
May 17th, 2006 5:36 AM CST - Kona
From the trailer that I saw with an early taven vs. scorpion it looked pretty straightforward and weak. He would put his hand into scorpion and pull it out drop an organ, then do it again with what looked like the same organ. Also, if you are going to pull out the brain, don't you think, even in MK, that the oppentent would be dead? I hope this system gets fixed up a bit.
May 17th, 2006 8:55 AM CST - K1LLKANO
Yeah, from that clip, Create a Fatality looks very weak. A lot of repetitive moves, and you have so long between them that the fatality doesn't flow smoothly. From what y'all witnessed, does popping off someone's head or pulling out there spine pretty much end the fatality right there? Thats what it looked like in the video. Any way, I think I've found something I don't like with MKA now.
May 17th, 2006 9:16 AM CST - Jeff Greeson
Originally Posted by : K1LLKANO
Yeah, from that clip, Create a Fatality looks very weak. A lot of repetitive moves, and you have so long between them that the fatality doesn't flow smoothly. From what y'all witnessed, does popping off someone's head or pulling out there spine pretty much end the fatality right there? Thats what it looked like in the video. Any way, I think I've found something I don't like with MKA now.
Yeah those are called "Enders". Look at the fatality card linked in the news post.
May 17th, 2006 11:12 AM CST - TetterkeT
Originally Posted by : Kona
From the trailer that I saw with an early taven vs. scorpion it looked pretty straightforward and weak. He would put his hand into scorpion and pull it out drop an organ, then do it again with what looked like the same organ. Also, if you are going to pull out the brain, don't you think, even in MK, that the oppentent would be dead? I hope this system gets fixed up a bit.
Okay, this I agree with. I didn't test to see if you could pull out multiple hearts or brains, but it would definitely be lame if you could do that. Also, the heart/brain looked like they were 2D almost. I'd like more of a production of the character tossing the organ down rather than it just haphazardly falling out of their hand. Also, it would be cool if you could throw the organs at them after you pull them out. It might also be nice if there was some sort of bleeding hole left in their head or chest cavity from where the extraction occurs. Lastly, I'm pretty sure you'd have trouble yelling in pain if someone removed your brain heart or head -- perhaps they could squelch the vocals after these moves were performed.
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK