The chat with the MK/Grid Design team has concluded and we walked away with lots of new info on The Grid and MK5. Here it is to sum it all up. Be sure to take a gander at the transcript
for more complete details.
Stuff we now know about MK5
- Same design team as The Grid
- Definately a new control layout
- Possible multi-leveled fighting arenas, definately some slanted floors are being thought of.
- Models for Scorpion, Raiden, and Jax are complete. Scorpion is only the definately confirmed characters.
- Luis Mangubat did the models, has a new "style" to the characters. "GROUND BREAKING S#I%" - Mike Teran
- Dynamic animation is being looked at by Todd Allen, including handling some inverse kinematics. This is where someone gets hit in the shoulder the shoulder reacts to that hit dynamically.
- Ed Boon had his usual hints thrown in now and then during the chat, one being W-I-D-E-S-C-R-E-E-N and the other being ORSMAb. They say ORSMAb is Alan Villani, we'll have to wait to see what develops on this one.
- To quote AlanVillani: "Prepare to be blown away when you see MK5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"