April 13th, 1997
12:00 PM CST -
On a very sad note, I recieved an e-mail from Juiceboy 1 stating that Jim Matson, The Limit, maintainer of Antony Espindola's Mortal Kombat WWW Pages died Friday, April 11th in a hit and run accident. Limit occasionally visited EFnet IRC #mk3 where he and I would have a nice quarrell about MK subjects. Antony and Limit's pages will be handed off to James Gutek. I wish Jim's family all the best.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:

December 4th, 2004 8:44 PM CST - Shinnokxz
I remember reading this on alt.games.mk Then a few years ago someone said that it was a joke, and that he was just under a different alias on a.g.mk. Can't for the life of me remember what it was, though.
December 5th, 2004 10:27 PM CST - Ethix
Originally Posted by : Shinnokxz
Dude, this thread is over 8 years old! Why'd you revive it when you had nothing at all to add to it?
December 6th, 2004 7:43 AM CST - Masta-Dante
FFS!!!!! i thought that just happen untill i saw the date! WHY THE HELL DID YOU REVIVE IT!
December 6th, 2004 4:49 PM CST - D3K
I was 9 No wonder I never heard of the guy.
December 6th, 2004 6:40 PM CST - Patrick McCarron
I was always highly skeptical of "The Limit" and how he got permission from Antony Espindola to "steal" his site. Antony Espindola was the first, original MK web guy, he even got a mention in the MK1 arcade I believe it was, or maybe MK2. So I was always kind of "sore" when The Limit walked around touting the site I believed he stole from Antony. He and Ratman were my inspirations to writing FAQs, now I made some pretty crappy/inaccurate ones in the beginning when MK3 was in beta test, but I was young and learned fast with the help of the community. 10 years later, here I am still doing it, and I had no idea I'd still be doing it 10 years later when I first started. Ratman was even surprised when he found we were still at it. Antony Espindola is no longer running the MK site, but has his own personal site at http://www.horrible.demon.co.uk/main.htm with only a mention of his MK site and the work he did with Midway. And while going thru some old nostalgia research myself I found that Shinnokxz quit the Chat room today using a signature that Antony Espindola signed most of his FAQs with. Kinda odd to see the same quote used in the span of 20 minutes.
December 6th, 2004 9:55 PM CST - Shinnokxz
Jesus, relax guys. It's fun to reminisce on old times like these.
December 7th, 2004 8:41 AM CST - Malitor Greymaulkin
I couldn't agree with you more Pat... and one more thing... SHINNOKXZ actually spoke!
Leave Your Komment