August 3rd, 2005
11:52 PM CST -
We have published over 140 exclusive screenshots of the new Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks Xbox Demo that is included in the September 2005 issue of . Check out our MK Shaolin Monks Demo Gallery as we take you on a step-by-step journey through the Xbox demo, from start to finish.

Also after a hands on experience with the demo, it seems a bit behind the demo we played at E3 2005. This demo also is missing the extra two Fatalities per person that the E3 Demo had. Other than these omissions, we have yet to see any glaring differences. Check out our Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks GameRealm for videos and more screenshots.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:

August 4th, 2005 7:12 AM CST - Hydro
Nice job with the screen shots. What are you using to capture them? A Capture card? I'm trying to find something to record the video to when I play XBOX games. Ok well I have a question then. Can you get some Screen shots as playing as Kung Lao? Noob-Ermac said you can play as him in the demo as well. Also, is the demo a 2 player as well? Just wondering cause my consin and I are taking off some serious time from work when this comes out to do lots of KO-OP on it. Also trying to get a system setup to record the gameplay incase anything we unlocked can be found to provide for us. Anyway, looking forward to a response. See ya
August 4th, 2005 8:53 AM CST - Damion_Gringe
yea thats what id like to know!! oh and by the way happy 666th post
August 4th, 2005 2:00 PM CST - Noob-Ermac
I don't have a capture card or whatever,i have a digital camera some where,but i never use it.If I did have a capture card or whatever,I would of taken like 20 pics.
August 4th, 2005 5:05 PM CST - Patrick McCarron
It wasn't a capture card that took those pictures, I used a method available to Xbox Developers to take the photos from the game. I wish it took video too, but alas it does not.
August 8th, 2005 11:45 AM CST - Hydro
How did you get the XBOX developers kit?
August 8th, 2005 11:46 AM CST - Hydro
BTW, can anyone tell me if the demo is 2 player and if you can play as Kung Lao
August 8th, 2005 6:34 PM CST - Patrick McCarron
Yes it is, and yes you can. More images coming soon. As far as the development kit, I have modified my Xbox to do development on it. I haven't done much because of time and other projects but it's something I like to fool around with when I get some time. A way to challenge myself.
August 9th, 2005 12:28 AM CST - Patrick McCarron
More Images As Promised. Kung Lao Single Player. I'm going to put up some Vs images tomorrow or Wednesday, and then make a news post announcing it. So until then you guys get first looks at Kung Lao running thru the demo. This time I had it auto taking screenshots at about every 5 seconds. So a few more shots, and hopefully some better action. It's hard to play that way because the game pauses every 5 seconds as the photo is taken, but I started to get used to it. Enjoy!
August 9th, 2005 9:49 AM CST - Hydro
Thanks for the fast reply, however, got the XBOX and PS2 mags yesterday that both had the demo and wow, I AM FREAKN AMAZED. We spent hours on hours playing KO-OP combos and came up with some great ones. Me being Kung Lao and my consin doing Liu Kang. we were owning. We did find some glitchs in the demo of course since it is not complete. The thing I hate is some demos in game disc lock up. That happened a few times cause we didn't block an attack to advance so we were just trying different combos. Highest I got single player so far was about 36 and ko-op 32. The game is awesome. I want to scan the images of the PS2 mag and demo disc art but, my psc isn't working right. I will say that the XBOX version looks nicer than the PS2 version.
Leave Your Komment