January 8th, 2015
9:41 AM CST -
Warner Bros.' new digital content division, Blue Ribbon Content, recently announced that it was producing a new Mortal Kombat X related digital series, slated to debut around the release of Mortal Kombat X in April 2015. TRMK has obtained an exclusive look at the casting notice for this new production and it details some new and potentially unannounced characters featured in the next Mortal Kombat fighting game.

WARNING POTENTIAL SPOILERS CONTAINED BELOW




Some of the characters listed we've heard their names before associated with MKX, like D'Vorah. Another character, Takeda showed up in the comic released this week as the son of Kenshi and is not the Takeda mentioned in prior folklore. He is rumored by the kommunity to become a ninja known as Forrest Fox, but this is not mentioned in the bio.

On the new character front we have the familiar name Bo Rai Cho who is being mentioned for the first time in association with MKX. There are also three completely new names: Salazar, Kung Jin, Ron Tan' Cho each with some interesting bios. No relation is mentioned between Ron Tan' Cho and Bo Rai Cho, surprisingly enough given the similar names.

There is currently no way to draw conclusions between any of these characters and their playability in the MKX game, but it'd be a safe bet they'll show up along the way in the likely character deep Story Mode as at least a cameo role.

Also of note, the listed director Garrett Warren was the Stunt Coordinator and Second Unit Director on the MK Legacy series previously. This appears to imply that he may now be the full director of this new series and that Kevin Tancharoen is not returning to the directors chair. It also appears that the new series will begin filming this month.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



January 8th, 2015 9:55 AM CST - Commander
Kung Jin [SPOILER]Kung Lao's younger cousin? So, a possibility that Kung Jin maybe took up the name "Kung Lao" in MKX to honor his cousin?[/SPOILER]
January 8th, 2015 10:56 AM CST - natedoggcata
That one at the top... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
January 8th, 2015 10:59 AM CST - fuzzd0rk
January 8th, 2015 11:03 AM CST - Elias6999
Really liking those characters, but damn, where the females at?
January 8th, 2015 11:06 AM CST - natedoggcata
This game is going to be a sausage fest isnt it? Not liking this at all
January 8th, 2015 12:03 PM CST - Owned
I don't think I understand. Is this casting call for voice actors? Or artists.
January 8th, 2015 12:53 PM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Owned
I don't think I understand. Is this casting call for voice actors? Or artists.
It's a casting call for actors:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-unveils-first-development-742586
January 8th, 2015 4:55 PM CST - Nasty_Freak
Originally Posted by : Elias6999
Really liking those characters, but damn, where the females at?
I'd want another female from Edenia! One who can take over for Jade!
January 8th, 2015 5:00 PM CST - Tarkatan Trash
Originally Posted by : Nasty_Freak
I'd want another female from Edenia! One who can take over for Jade!
Edenia is DEAD in this timeline. Which is probably what @Commander would be telling me anyway. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
January 8th, 2015 5:09 PM CST - dp spandisk parafan
Originally Posted by : Tarkatan Trash
Edenia is DEAD in this timeline. Which is probably what @Commander would be telling me anyway. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
Edenia is dead? Wtf? Where did that come from?
January 8th, 2015 5:13 PM CST - Tarkatan Trash
Originally Posted by : dp spandisk parafan
Edenia is dead? Wtf? Where did that come from?
I thought you were ignoring me... And to answer your question, it's referring to the fact that Edenia was not unmerged with Outworld and its legitimate rulers and successors are all dead, so as far as I'm concerned, that's cause to consider that realm dead. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
January 8th, 2015 6:44 PM CST - dp spandisk parafan
Originally Posted by : Tarkatan Trash
I thought you were ignoring me... And to answer your question, it's referring to the fact that Edenia was not unmerged with Outworld and its legitimate rulers and successors are all dead, so as far as I'm concerned, that's cause to consider that realm dead. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
Yeah, but it's been so long... i cannot remember why i was ignoring you.... However that could mean they entered in a chaos state, or were invaded... but the territory and the people remain there, so the realm isn't over.... you would say chaosrealm isn't a realm just because they live in anarchy?
January 8th, 2015 11:41 PM CST - natedoggcata
Im so confused about this. Why do they need actors for a comic?
January 9th, 2015 12:23 AM CST - asddgd
Originally Posted by : natedoggcata
Im so confused about this. Why do they need actors for a comic?
Because its not for the comic
January 9th, 2015 3:41 AM CST - Vassil01
Originally Posted by : asddgd
Because its not for the comic
Yeah. It's for MK Legacy III, I think.
January 9th, 2015 8:25 AM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Vassil01
Yeah. It's for MK Legacy III, I think.
It's a digital live-action series in conjunction with the MKX game. It's a tie-in to the MKX game, and apart from being a web series (IIRC), it likely won't have much else in common with Legacy.
January 9th, 2015 9:32 AM CST - Tarkatan Trash
Originally Posted by : Vassil01
Yeah. It's for MK Legacy III, I think.
Screw Legacy! Legacy is the whole reason I want Threshold Entertainment back in MK! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
January 9th, 2015 10:09 AM CST - Vassil01
Originally Posted by : Commander
It's a digital live-action series in conjunction with the MKX game. It's a tie-in to the MKX game, and apart from being a web series (IIRC), it likely won't have much else in common with Legacy.
Sorry. Didn't know about it.
January 9th, 2015 10:16 AM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Vassil01
Sorry. Didn't know about it.
No problem. Blue Ribbon is the production company doing it.
January 9th, 2015 1:04 PM CST - Tarkatan Trash
Originally Posted by : Commander
No problem. Blue Ribbon is the production company doing it.
They'd better not be as bad as Michael T. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
January 12th, 2015 7:01 PM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Tarkatan Trash
And to answer your question, it's referring to the fact that Edenia was not unmerged with Outworld and its legitimate rulers and successors are all dead, so as far as I'm concerned, that's cause to consider that realm dead.
So, why would you falsely auto-assume that I would say that Edenia is dead? Just because Sindel, Jade and Kitana are dead doesn't mean that the whole realm also died. For all we know, maybe someone else took over Edenia after Shao Kahn's death in MK9.
January 12th, 2015 9:02 PM CST - Tarkatan Trash
Originally Posted by : Commander
So, why would you falsely auto-assume that I would say that Edenia is dead? Just because Sindel, Jade and Kitana are dead doesn't mean that the whole realm also died. For all we know, maybe someone else took over Edenia after Shao Kahn's death in MK9.
Kotal Kahn did, because it's still Outworld soil in the new timeline. Edenia remains dead as a separate realm. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
January 12th, 2015 10:19 PM CST - Borshay
We've seen how drastically things have changed for Scorpion since the end of MK9. It wouldn't surprise me if the Orb that holds Edenia to Outworld has been smashed. If it does happen I really hope they show it either in the comic or game. Tanya, Rain, and Ermac (sorta) all have reasons to free Edenia. What would happen if Taven awoke early or Blaze's Armageddon was trigger now? Edenia is still in Outworld, so wouldn't that make the Pyramid pop up there? One hope that either the comic or game shows is HOW these realms merge. Earthrealm is still a circular planet. So if it was ran by a villain who merged another realm with it, would the mass of the planet increase? Would be something cool to see in a cinematic.
January 13th, 2015 9:33 AM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Tarkatan Trash
Kotal Kahn did, because it's still Outworld soil in the new timeline. Edenia remains dead as a separate realm.
Kotal Kahn isn't enough proof of that, though. There's a civil war going on in Outworld, so how do we know that the civil war doesn't also include Edenia? As @Borshay mentioned, Tanya, Rain and Ermac are reason enough to believe that Edenia can be freed. Maybe since Shao Kahn's death, King Jerrod takes over as the dominant soul in Ermac's body, and Edenia is once again under his control. ^^^ That's just 1 example of how Edenia can exist as its own realm again, and I'm sure that there are other ways that Edenia can be its own realm again.
March 25th, 2016 9:02 AM CST - Noob-Zer013
Isn't Edenian merged in to Outworld now? Just like Zetarra, Osh Tekk, and whatever D'Vorah's realm was called.
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK