May 28th, 2014
1:52 PM CST -
A mysterious poster that is said to be a "Mortal Kombat Teaser" poster has appeared on the internet. It was initially posted to Reddit and soon after showed up on NeoGAF and beyond from there.

The poster is all black and features a broken spine along with a slightly different MK dragon logo. At the bottom of the poster are the words "Who's Next?" in the Mortal Kombat title font.



Keep in mind we have no further information on this at this time, but a now deleted comment on Reddit said it was sent to a GameStop store labeled as simply "Malcolm". A reference to Malcolm X where X = 10 in roman numerals maybe? (Thanks to @subzerosmokerai for digging these details up)

For the next few hours fans arguing over the images legitimacy, especially noting the changed dragon logo as proof it was faked. Then around 4pm CT the Official Mortal Kombat Facebook page and both @NetherRealm & Ed Boon's Twitter profiles were updated with the new revised MK Dragon Logo along with the "Who's Next?" tag line logo.




Get excited fans, feels like a new MK is on the horizon. Luckily we likely don't have long to wait as Ed Boon's "kountdown" ends on Monday.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



May 28th, 2014 1:58 PM CST - Taj Gill
That Dragon Logo looks fake as hell... The shape is all weird. It might be just the way the photo of the poster is taken, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up lol.
May 28th, 2014 2:16 PM CST - Commander
I hope this is for MK10. I guess we'll find out on June 2nd.
May 28th, 2014 2:43 PM CST - xamoel
AWESOME, time for MK X :D
May 28th, 2014 3:22 PM CST - outworld222
About time.....let's hope it is a fact.
May 28th, 2014 4:57 PM CST - outworld222
@Patrick McCarron: Hurray!!....Soooo excited. I hope Cyrax, Kabal, and Sindel are in!!
May 28th, 2014 5:41 PM CST - Eclipso
Bring it on, Im ready.
May 28th, 2014 6:13 PM CST - RoflCopter3000
My body is ready. Hopefully the game isn't too far off.
May 28th, 2014 6:20 PM CST - RonnyRAGE
I really hope they bring back BRUTALITIES and STAGE WEAPONS (Only drops in during the 3rd Round)
May 28th, 2014 7:21 PM CST - outworld222
@RonnyRage: Perfect idea.
May 28th, 2014 10:28 PM CST - Taj Gill
HA! Knew something was off with the Dragon Logo. My God, June 2nd can't come fast enough!
May 28th, 2014 10:48 PM CST - PureYeti
oh snap here we go
May 29th, 2014 10:55 AM CST - Commander
I know that it's a bit of a stretch, but in all seriousness, I wonder if "Who's next?" refers to an action-adventure game.
May 29th, 2014 12:04 PM CST - Nasty_Freak
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
I hope this is for MK10. I guess we'll find out on June 2nd.
Ok. That's my dad's birthday! Looks like a double celebration for me. Btw, it looks like an X-Ray attack or bone breaker attacks on MK4 may return. (But it's more likely the X-Rays.)
May 29th, 2014 5:19 PM CST - Immortal Reaver
I just hope that it's MK10. but since the dragon looks new, it might be a whole new MK game.
May 29th, 2014 11:02 PM CST - Jade
All I want is Raiden. No Raiden, NO BUYS. well, no, that's a lie, i'd still buy it, my heart would just hurt.
May 29th, 2014 11:11 PM CST - Aldo Moreno
Originally Posted by : Jade
All I want is Raiden. No Raiden, NO BUYS. well, no, that's a lie, i'd still buy it, my heart would just hurt.
I feel ya. No doubt Raiden will be in the game though lol.
May 30th, 2014 2:28 AM CST - rocky
i fixed the logo
May 30th, 2014 2:34 AM CST - Nasty_Freak
Here is who I expect in the game for me to play as... - Mileena - Tanya - Sareena - Li Mei - Nitara Here is who I'd like to return from the dead but wouldn't mind of they will not make it for this game... - Jade - Kitana - Sindel My guest character wishlist (and I will keep saying it)... - Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw) - Rayne (Bloodrayne) Possible new character I'd want... - The woman in Jade's MK9 ending. And... Create A Fighter to make my character!!!
May 30th, 2014 8:04 AM CST - Gouki
Originally Posted by : rocky
i fixed the logo
Nice, I woulda been happier with what you did rather than what was presented by Boon and gang...
May 30th, 2014 10:55 AM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Jade
All I want is Raiden. No Raiden, NO BUYS. well, no, that's a lie, i'd still buy it, my heart would just hurt.
Same here with Sub-Zero. I'd likely still get it begrudgingly, because I'm an MK fan, but my heart would also hurt if SZ (human) stays dead, or Sub-Zero doesn't come back. There's definitely a great chance that Raiden will be back, given that he, Sonya and Johnny Cage were left to clean up the mess from MK9.
May 30th, 2014 10:38 PM CST - PureYeti
New logo is dope. Gotta send that pic to Boon I can see Frost appearing to replace Sub Zero
Originally Posted by : Immortal Reaver
I just hope that it's MK10. but since the dragon looks new, it might be a whole new MK game.
Haha I like this new avatar and sig change
May 31st, 2014 7:13 AM CST - Axe
Originally Posted by : Jade
All I want is Raiden. No Raiden, NO BUYS. well, no, that's a lie, i'd still buy it, my heart would just hurt.
Same with Reptile. Praying he's in, he has an excellent chance of being included. If not I'll still buy and have Scorpion.
May 31st, 2014 12:21 PM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : PureYeti
I can see Frost appearing to replace Sub Zero
I sure as hell hope that you're wrong. That would be god-awful. F*** that noise, Frost better not f***ing replace Sub-Zero. She can be in, but replacing Sub-Zero would be a huge slap to the face.
May 31st, 2014 12:43 PM CST - TimeofTheChimps
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
F*** that noise, Frost better not f***ing replace Sub-Zero.
That'll never happen. Fans would go apesh1t and boycott the game.
May 31st, 2014 1:00 PM CST - Tarkatan Trash
Originally Posted by : TimeofTheChimps
That'll never happen. Fans would go apesh1t and boycott the game.
They did the same when Scorpion was omitted from MK3. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
May 31st, 2014 1:02 PM CST - TimeofTheChimps
Originally Posted by : Tarkatan Trash
They did the same when Scorpion was omitted from MK3. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
And they realised the mistake they made, and fixed it by putting him back in.
May 31st, 2014 3:14 PM CST - outworld222
Scorpion SHOULD have been in MK3. I was the saddest 15 year old kid when I found out he wasn't. Smoke was the only spear character
May 31st, 2014 7:15 PM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Tarkatan Trash
They did the same when Scorpion was omitted from MK3.
False. The reason that Scorpion was not in MK3, wasn't because he was omitted or because NRS didn't want him in. Scorpion was not in MK3 because Daniel Pesina (who previously played the role of all the ninjas) was fired. Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Rain, Smoke and Noob Saibot were in UMK3 because John Turk put on the UMK3 costumes, to reprise those parts, after the whole Daniel Pesina ordeal.
May 31st, 2014 7:33 PM CST - Tarkatan Trash
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
False. The reason that Scorpion was not in MK3, wasn't because he was omitted or because NRS didn't want him in. Scorpion was not in MK3 because Daniel Pesina (who previously played the role of all the ninjas) was fired. Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Rain, Smoke and Noob Saibot were in UMK3 because John Turk put on the UMK3 costumes, to reprise those parts, after the whole Daniel Pesina ordeal.
I am well aware of that. I was referring to fan reaction to Scorpion not being in MK3. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
June 1st, 2014 2:51 AM CST - DCR
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
False. The reason that Scorpion was not in MK3, wasn't because he was omitted or because NRS didn't want him in. Scorpion was not in MK3 because Daniel Pesina (who previously played the role of all the ninjas) was fired.
I gotta call bullshit on that, just because I don't think the empirical reason has ever been delineated (if I'm missing where it has, feel free to rub it in my face) and it doesn't make a lick of sense that that would have been the sole reason above all else. Very few of the actors from MK2 returned for MK3, yet the team had no problem replacing the actors behind Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Sonya. That's not to say that it couldn't have influenced their decision at the time, but it's not like they couldn't have thrown anyone with a decent physique into a Scorpion costume if one was ready. I think the main reason had more to due with time and even budget constraints (given Midway's propensity for rushing the MK team, this is a reasonable assumption). UMK3 hypothetically being planned before the original game was even released would have made this theory all the more plausible (Super Street Fighter II/SSFII Turbo and Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles have similar stories to this).
August 30th, 2014 7:50 PM CST - Kilmansky
Mortal Kombat X - PlayStation 4 Dec 31, 2015 ESRB Rating: Rating Pending by Warner Home Video - Games PlayStation 4 $59.99 Available for Pre-order
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK