February 24th, 2012
1:43 PM CST -
For those who have not yet picked up the Fighting Game of the Year in 2011 by numerous publications, Mortal Kombat (2011), your best chance is coming this Tuesday, Feburary 28th with the release of Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.



This version of the game contains all of the DLC content that was released last year, including all character skins and the four new characters: Skarlet, Rain, Kenshi and Freddy Krueger. The new Komplete Edition will also include digital downloads of the Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by the Warriors album released last year and a download of the 1995 film Mortal Kombat on Playstation Network and Xbox Live. The package will be available for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 at retailers for $59.99.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



February 24th, 2012 2:05 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Dont see the point in releasing a MK Komplete Addition most people that still dont have it, could have boughten it off the sheleves anytime at a game store near you for the past year. So its the fighting game of the year addition big deal i just want to have our online play back to normal
February 24th, 2012 2:15 PM CST - Havok
$60 dollars for a game that came out a year ago? GET HYPED PEOPLE!!!
February 24th, 2012 2:29 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
Wow.... So UMvC3 was not 60 dollars when it was released and it had 10 more characters. I'm sorry but this is a silly arrangement to me.
February 24th, 2012 2:45 PM CST - Havok
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
Wow.... So UMvC3 was not 60 dollars when it was released and it had 10 more characters. I'm sorry but this is a silly arrangement to me.
not to mention you also qualified for new achievements this sucks
February 24th, 2012 4:28 PM CST - BYoung
I was considering getting this for the 360, but $60??? I think I'll save that for the Vita version, thank you. Also, does anyone actually take the time to verify their age or do you just pick a random year that puts you over 18?
February 24th, 2012 5:01 PM CST - Alucard Romero
I agree with all of the rants above. Plus, I'd be more happy to see more bug fixes rather than just a bundle of other MK-related stuff tossed into a package. I'll name three bugs off the top of my head... - Noob Saibot's rising shadow kick - when you've clearly jumped over it, somehow the hit still connects. Either exaggerated hit boxes or something. - Distant uppercuts are an issue. Being hit by an uppercut 3feet away really is frustrating. - After the last blow, the loser's character dazed state ("finish him/her") is processed too late even after they've fallen to the ground. They should already be dazed out when they get up. And also, I've noticed that the gameplay in the video above is way smoother with a higher refresh rate. Is this a feature of the new version or is that from one of their developer's test machines? Hmm... quality please!
February 24th, 2012 5:59 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
Wow.... So UMvC3 was not 60 dollars when it was released and it had 10 more characters. I'm sorry but this is a silly arrangement to me.
I totally agree with everything your statement says. If they would have released several more Characters like an UMK instead of this MKKA then it be worth buying...either way i dont think it will sale because alot of people woill perfer the PSVita version instead
February 24th, 2012 6:33 PM CST - Metal Overlord
Komplete Edition doesn't need more characters, that would only piss people off who wanted those characters as DLC for the original game
February 24th, 2012 6:45 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
Originally Posted by : Metal Overlord
Komplete Edition doesn't need more characters, that would only piss people off who wanted those characters as DLC for the original game
Yup. Making it extremely overpriced is much better. (sarcasm)
February 24th, 2012 6:46 PM CST - Metal Overlord
I never I said I approved of this in the first place, though
February 25th, 2012 3:40 PM CST - C-Sword
So does anyone know if they added Nekropolis spots for the DLC kharacters?
February 25th, 2012 4:09 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
Yup. Making it extremely overpriced is much better. (sarcasm)
Super Street Fighter 4 was released with 8 additional characters after the release of Street Fighter 4 for $39.99 following the Arcade Edition later on that same year for $39.99 with extra stages and characters. UMVC3 released 10 Exclusive Characters for $39.99 after the release of the original release of MVC3 which was far much a higher price than UMVC3. When NRS released MK2011 it was $59.90 unless you bought the Tournament or Kollectors edition one year later they release the same game with the same dlc content same features same gameplay, nothing different and special about it for a price of $60.00? I think i will pass i already have the game anyways why do i need to spend my money on something i already have? No Thanks besides i can guarantee everyone that the PSVita Sales for MK will sale alot more than this MK:KA because of the new costumes, new features new gameplay more tower missions. If NRS was smart enough they would have released an UMK9 featuring all the extra dlc costume content that MK PSVita has plus more characters more stages more DLC more Alities etc..up to this point, i dont see any of that happening for MK 20th Aniversary they would have already announced something by now
February 26th, 2012 10:33 AM CST - Jason Shearer
Not sure why so many people are complaining about this. If you were to buy everything included in this package from Amazon, separately (brand new), it would cost you much more than $60. As of this writing, MK9 goes for $47 (brand new) on Amazon. But for argument's sake, let's say it's still going for $25. MK game = $25 MK movie (Blu-ray) = $10 Soundtrack = $13 DLC characters = $15 on Xbox 360 (w/ Season Pass), $20 on 360/PS3 (without Season Pass; I'll use the cheapest scenario) DLC costumes = $5 Total = $68 Realistically, it would cost you $90-$95. Yeah, you could buy most of this stuff used, but that's not the point. This deal isn't intended for those of us who already own it. And for those comparing this to Capcom's games, SSF4/AE and UMvC3 are upgraded versions to full retail games, while this is merely a new package deal. In other words, where Capcom is targeting the same fanbase looking for a new experience, NetherRealm is simply targeting potential newcomers. Big difference.
February 26th, 2012 11:58 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Jason Shearer;
. Yeah, you could buy most of this stuff used, but that's not the point. This deal isn't intended for those of us who already own it. And for those comparing this to Capcom's games, SSF4/AE and UMvC3 are upgraded versions to full retail games, while this is merely a new package deal. In other words, where Capcom is targeting the same fanbase looking for a new experience, NetherRealm is simply targeting potential newcomers. Big difference.
But 3 Million Copies were sold as of 2011 which im assuming it already attracted more than half of the millions new comers who bought the MK game because it was the best fighting game for 2011, far more than MVC3 and SF4 game sales of 2008-2011 and MK won many awards for best fighting game of 2011 so why would they re-release the same addition same thing a year later if they already released it a year ago and has attracted new comers because of game sales? they could have attracted new comers by releasing an UMK9 instead.
February 26th, 2012 1:20 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
Originally Posted by : Jason Shearer
Not sure why so many people are complaining about this. If you were to buy everything included in this package from Amazon, separately (brand new), it would cost you much more than $60. As of this writing, MK9 goes for $47 (brand new) on Amazon. But for argument's sake, let's say it's still going for $25. MK game = $25 MK movie (Blu-ray) = $10 Soundtrack = $13 DLC characters = $15 on Xbox 360 (w/ Season Pass), $20 on 360/PS3 (without Season Pass; I'll use the cheapest scenario) DLC costumes = $5 Total = $68 Realistically, it would cost you $90-$95. Yeah, you could buy most of this stuff used, but that's not the point. This deal isn't intended for those of us who already own it. And for those comparing this to Capcom's games, SSF4/AE and UMvC3 are upgraded versions to full retail games, while this is merely a new package deal. In other words, where Capcom is targeting the same fanbase looking for a new experience, NetherRealm is simply targeting potential newcomers. Big difference.
Then UMvC3 should be 90 dollars since Jill and Shuma Gorath cost 5 dollars each for DLC. Oh and let's add the money it took to produce the new stages and layouts. $100+ And what did they price their game at? $40
February 26th, 2012 1:32 PM CST - Havok
Originally Posted by : Jason Shearer
Not sure why so many people are complaining about this. If you were to buy everything included in this package from Amazon, separately (brand new), it would cost you much more than $60. As of this writing, MK9 goes for $47 (brand new) on Amazon. But for argument's sake, let's say it's still going for $25. MK game = $25 MK movie (Blu-ray) = $10 Soundtrack = $13 DLC characters = $15 on Xbox 360 (w/ Season Pass), $20 on 360/PS3 (without Season Pass; I'll use the cheapest scenario) DLC costumes = $5 Total = $68
dlc= already have all of it soundtrack= don't want it blue ray movie= I'd pay to not have to see that horrible thing
February 26th, 2012 1:37 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Havok
dlc= already have all of it soundtrack= don't want it blue ray movie= I'd pay to not have to see that horrible thing
I agree, those who had it, probably sold it. Those that want it will probably wait for the PSVita version instead since it has more extra costumes and content
February 26th, 2012 5:24 PM CST - Medellin
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
Then UMvC3 should be 90 dollars since Jill and Shuma Gorath cost 5 dollars each for DLC. Oh and let's add the money it took to produce the new stages and layouts. $100+
oh you mean all that snow they added to the existing stages? yes a worthy addition... oh and if you purchased MVC3 day 1? AND bought UMVC3? then u did pay $100.. bc its not like there MVC players can play with UMVC players...No Capcom bundled the patch and DLC for $40 after you bought a $60 disc this is a GOTY edition for full price just like RDR,borderlands, and Fallout 3 for fans that might've missed out the 1st time around.. and might I add **** U CAPCOM
February 26th, 2012 5:33 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
Originally Posted by : Medellin
oh you mean all that snow they added to the existing stages? yes a worthy addition... oh and if you purchased MVC3 day 1? AND bought UMVC3? then u did pay $100.. bc its not like there MVC players can play with UMVC players...No Capcom bundled the patch and DLC for $40 after you bought a $60 disc this is a GOTY edition for full price just like RDR,borderlands, and Fallout 3 for fans that might've missed out the 1st time around.. and might I add **** U CAPCOM
UMvC3 has 12 new characters. 12 x $5 = $60 They released the game for $40 dollars. Plus the 8 new stages. Doesn't matter if they are just changed via weather and such, they are still very fresh. And patches. This Komplete Edition has 4 not even new characters. A movie that Ive seen a billion times and already have on DVD. And some songs. $60 total. You're telling me you're satisfied with this? This is a FIGHTING GAME. The game is already not near as popular as it was when it first released and you expect it to draw in a lot more people with this? If I hadn't bought the game I'd still not buy it. Look at SSF4! An updated edition with NEW characters. Even new ultra combos! I like NRS more than Capcom but this? No, just no.
February 26th, 2012 7:12 PM CST - Jason Shearer
Originally Posted by : Medellin
this is a GOTY edition for full price just like RDR,borderlands, and Fallout 3 for fans that might've missed out the 1st time around..
Yet they still don't understand. Doesn't surprise me. There's too many MK fans with a "half glass empty" attitude.
February 26th, 2012 7:23 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
GOTY edition's worked well with RDR, Fallout, and Borderlands (even though that game sucks) because they are shooter/adventure games, not fighting games. MK9 is not as popular as it used to be because it's a fighting game. There are still plenty playing RDR, Fallout, and Borderlands because shooters last longer. So instead of making this mere package, why not come out with the UMK9 that everyone wants? With more content. At least the Vita version has more content. This edition has no in-game new content. Just crap that people already have. And it's price is too much. I have MvC3 and when UMvC3 was announced, telling of 12 new characters, stages, and patches I was psyched. Why? Because although the release date angered me a little. They gave the fans what they want, besides Mega Man. They even at least gave Zero a Mega-Man costume. Now THAT invites more players and satisfies a lot of MvC3 fans. And at the price of $40? Great. Just awesome. Releasing a GOTY edition of MK with no new content for $60? No.
February 26th, 2012 8:08 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
GOTY edition's worked well with RDR, Fallout, and Borderlands (even though that game sucks) because they are shooter/adventure games, not fighting games. MK9 is not as popular as it used to be because it's a fighting game. There are still plenty playing RDR, Fallout, and Borderlands because shooters last longer. So instead of making this mere package, why not come out with the UMK9 that everyone wants? With more content. At least the Vita version has more content. This edition has no in-game new content. Just crap that people already have. And it's price is too much. I have MvC3 and when UMvC3 was announced, telling of 12 new characters, stages, and patches I was psyched. Why? Because although the release date angered me a little. They gave the fans what they want, besides Mega Man. They even at least gave Zero a Mega-Man costume. Now THAT invites more players and satisfies a lot of MvC3 fans. And at the price of $40? Great. Just awesome. Releasing a GOTY edition of MK with no new content for $60? No.
I totally agree :/
February 27th, 2012 1:35 AM CST - Medellin
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
UMvC3 has 12 new characters. 12 x $5 = $60 yeah I didnt give a damn about half of those characters, I didnt give a damn about half of the characters MK released as DLC either, difference is MK didnt force me to buy them all , it gave me a choice as to which DLC I wanted and threw in some free skins while they were at it.. They released the game for $40 dollars. Plus the 8 new stages. Doesn't matter if they are just changed via weather and such, they are still very fresh. theyre not really new stages, theyre as new as Night time rooftops,dusk rooftops, daylight rooftops in MK, with the exception that these were available from the start and had more work put into them than Capcom's lazy offering disguised as "new" stages, they were about as fresh as stale beer And patches. yes patches, MVC3 was a broken game, any fan will who put time into the game will tell you so, Capcom patched it,added unreleased DLC and a few stages for $40 and made those who bought MVC3 look silly, as it was basically a glorified beta. This Komplete Edition has 4 not even new characters. They were DLC, now you can have them all as part of the GOTY edition...RDR,Fallout3,borderlands,GTA IV,Midnight Club,LA Niore, LBP,Uncharted 2 have all done this, its the same game + all the DLC hence Komplete edition, Theyre not masquerading this as a brand new game... A movie that Ive seen a billion times and already have on DVD. well, you probably bought MK9 already, this collection isnt really aimed at you is it? this is for every1 that mightve missed out on the game the 1st time around.... And some songs. Just a fun little bonus for those picking this up for the 1st time $60 total. Yeah, thats the going rate for GOTY editions on release week, it usually drops to $20 within 2 months. Check Bestbuy, me and my friends caught up on Borderlands this way, I had the original and bought DLC as it came out....they bought the GOTY editions cheap at bestbuy, we can all play together bc its the same game You're telling me you're satisfied with this? This is a FIGHTING GAME. YOURE KIDDING!! The game is already not near as popular as it was when it first released and you expect it to draw in a lot more people with this? If I hadn't bought the game I'd still not buy it. Look at SSF4! An updated edition with NEW characters. Even new ultra combos! SSFIV made SFIV useless, those that bought SFIV had to buy SSIV bc it fixed the originals glaring issues,added characters,added stages, introduced all new achievements bc it was basically a new game. If you had SFIV you could not play someone playing SSFIV b/c they WERE DIFFERENT GAMES. Capcom has a habit of abandoning broken games after release, then releasing Patches + DLC at a $40 premium. see Dead Rising 2,MVC3 I have MvC3 and when UMvC3 was announced, telling of 12 new characters, stages, and patches I was psyched. Why? Because although the release date angered me a little. They gave the fans what they want, besides Mega Man. They even at least gave Zero a Mega-Man costume. this announcement pissed off a large part of the MVC3 community, check the gamefaqs and shroyuken boards around the time of the announcement, b/c they realized Capcom had sold them a $60 turd, and was now offering a functional version for $40. If you bought MVC3 you know it was a broken game, capcom didnt bother patching it or offering any DLC besides 1 costume pack and rehashed pre-order incentive, They Patched the game, tossed in 12 DLC characters, added snow to existing stages and cashed out, while the fanboys gleefully cheered and the smart consumers unloaded their original copies as soon as they could. I like NRS more than Capcom but this? No, just no.
NRS supported their game and kept updating it with patches and DLC, Capcom bundles unreleased DLC and patches at a $40 premium. this can all be a bit much so lets keep it simple... MK:Komplete edition = MK + DLC + a movie and a soundtrack If you Bought MK the 1st time around, this bundle isnt really for you.. UMVC3 is madden 2011 to MVC3's madden 2010 theyre different games... now I'm done...
February 27th, 2012 2:24 AM CST - Nasty_Freak
Um that's it? Hmmm... maybe I'll keep my MK game.
February 27th, 2012 4:00 AM CST - Jason Shearer
Originally Posted by : Nasty_Freak
Um that's it? Hmmm... maybe I'll keep my MK game.
As you should. If you already own the game, but want the DLC, movie, and/or soundtrack, those alone would be cheaper than buying MKKE. Otherwise, it's not worth it. $60 may seem steep, but for people that don't have any of this stuff, it's definitely worth it. It's all in the math. As for MK9 not being popular anymore, it's still very much alive in the tournament scene. It may not have the numbers online that it did closer to launch, but that doesn't mean anything. Casual players move on to other things (and let's face it, most of you here are casuals) and hardcore players don't bother with the online component to begin with.
February 27th, 2012 8:33 AM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
Medellin you're COMPLETELY missing my point. Scenario: If Jim doesn't buy MK9 the first time around because he didn't want it. Why would he buy the Komplete Edition? MvC3 stages not fresh? You're telling me that a freakin completely snow covered level is not new to you? You're asking for too much. The stages feel extremely fresh to me because they add a completely new feeling and atmosphere just like alternate stages in MK9. Also MvC3 fans should stop whining and just trade in their MvC3 or sell it and buy UMvC3. So what if they didn't patch MvC3? THEY ARE OFFERING US UMVC3 FOR A MERE 40 DOLLARS. 40 DOLLARS If they released every character as DLC that would be $60 worth of DLC AND they'd be making less money. Sorry that Capcom is smart. And Dead Rising 2 is not some patch fix. This is coming from the biggest Dead Rising fan on this forum. I bought MvC3. I still have it. And my next game is going to be UMvC3. Why? Cause it offers A LOT for only 40 dollars. If MK9 came out last year, they could have given us more. Not something for a small crowd new to the game. Like I said, GOTY editions work MUCH better with shooters/adventures. They last forever. Like Jason said, MK9 is popular on the tournament scene but it's dying online. Also I hate how you say "Tossed in DLC characters." You say it like making characters is nothing. The only character that was supposed to be in MvC3 that they put in UMvC3 is Frank West. They gave us Ghost Rider, Nemesis, Phoenix Wright, and Strider Hiryu. They gave the fans what they wanted without making less money. Capcom is trying to make money. That is their goal. And they achieved it well. ALL my wishes came true so I'm pretty damn happy.
February 27th, 2012 9:51 AM CST - Treadmill
Rumor has it that complete addition is q newer version with updated patch which will also be released online as a hot fix the same day...but that's just what I heard on Tym. Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
February 27th, 2012 3:44 PM CST - Medellin
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
Medellin you're COMPLETELY missing my point. Scenario: If Jim doesn't buy MK9 the first time around because he didn't want it. Why would he buy the Komplete Edition? its kind of a dead season[occasional big release like ME3, but its not the holidays] maybe Lil Jimmy was on the fence about MK, oh ALL the DLC? a Movie? see NRS is selling this to a new audience, how are you not understanding this? I explained it in a previous post in a simple manner...I mean really? MvC3 stages not fresh? You're telling me that a freakin completely snow covered level is not new to you? No it isnt, its pretty fukin lazy, Activision pulls this shit all the time rehashing old COD maps and calling them NEW DLC, the 1st MVC3 had less than 10 Stages TOTAL!! rehashing them as a selling point on a new edition is Insulting.. Also MvC3 fans should stop whining and just trade in their MvC3 or sell it and buy UMvC3. So what if they didn't patch MvC3? THEY ARE OFFERING US UMVC3 FOR A MERE 40 DOLLARS. So what if you paid $60 for the original? so what if you bought the meager DLC? So what if you supported the broken online? THEY PATCHED THE GAME! AND ITS ONLY $40!! 40 DOLLARS A Patch!!!! If they released every character as DLC that would be $60 worth of DLC AND they'd be making less money. Sorry that Capcom is smart. LMAO....did you see the sales figures? Capcom Printed and pressed discs for UMVC3 and it sold less than half of what the original sold, less than 600k sold on what were dissapointing sales figures for the original to begin with And Dead Rising 2 is not some patch fix. This is coming from the biggest Dead Rising fan on this forum. Case Zero was, enough fans summed it up as this..."its dead rising 2 with a frank west skin" I bought MvC3. I still have it. And my next game is going to be UMvC3. Why? Cause it offers A LOT for only 40 dollars. Its a 40 rip off If MK9 came out last year, they could have given us more. Not something for a small crowd new to the game. Like I said, GOTY editions work MUCH better with shooters/adventures. They last forever. Like Jason said, MK9 is popular on the tournament scene but it's dying online. you're projecting, you have no idea what kind of sales figures this Komplete edition could sell and unless youre Michael Pachter or some1 with more to a backround besides fanboy; your Speculation is worthless. NRS has supported the game for a whole year, thats 4x longer than Capcom. This is likely it for MK, theyre mostly likely working on the Next MK, which will probably be a new project...not a half assed rehash with TOSSED IN DLC Also I hate how you say "Tossed in DLC characters." You say it like making characters is nothing. The only character that was supposed to be in MvC3 that they put in UMvC3 is Frank West. They gave us Ghost Rider, Nemesis, Phoenix Wright, and Strider Hiryu. They gave the fans what they wanted without making less money. Capcom is trying to make money. That is their goal. And they achieved it well. ALL my wishes came true so I'm pretty damn happy. Have you actually realized how barebones in terms of content MVC3 was? I mean really? Capcom hands u a turd and you just smile and sing their praises? REALLY? Capcom milks their fans dry, or attempts to, their latest sales figures arent too rosey, these fighting game rehashes are resulting in diminishing returns. Capcom has pissed off a LARGE part of their fanbase , resulting in capcom making less money.
ok...got that off my chest... im not sure if this kid is serious or if he's doing Schtick
Originally Posted by : Jason Shearer
Yet they still don't understand. Doesn't surprise me. There's too many MK fans with a "half glass empty" attitude.
I agree,
February 27th, 2012 3:56 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
Medellin do you know what money is? Is this right here: That's money. I bet you remember it now. Now let me ask you a question. If you were leading Capcom and you wanted more of that paper would you: Patch MvC3 and release the 12 new characters as DLC? ($5 dollars a pop) or Release UMvC3? Put your crying aside and give me an honest answer. Seriously. Which method would earn you more money? And for MK9: How many times do I have to tell you that this "new audience" will be small BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEW CONTENT. IT'S THE SAME SHIT JUST THROWN INTO A PACKAGE. And Dead Rising 2: OTR is not the same shit with Frank West. Those aren't Dead Rising fans. They are ignorant pricks. Dead Rising: OTR was meant to entertain FRANK WEST FANS. It added new weapons, bosses, survivors, an amusement park, and a HUGE twist in the story. I have both versions and both were great. If you don't like Frank West then no shit, don't buy the game.
February 27th, 2012 4:21 PM CST - Medellin
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
Medellin do you know what money is? Is this right here: That's money. I bet you remember it now. Now let me ask you a question. If you were leading Capcom and you wanted more of that paper would you: Patch MvC3 and release the 12 new characters as DLC? ($5 dollars a pop) or Release UMvC3? HOW IS THIS RELAVENT? well if u were in charge of capcom you;d see it this way too, you're speaking in hypotheticals that have no bearing on the issue? I'm a consumer and if I see Bullsheet, I call it. is releasing a glorified beta good for business? at full price? is rereleasing rehashed versions of the same game for a $40 premium good for business? Im not sure...lets check these sales figues? less than 600k sold...guess a greatest hits banner is out of the question Put your crying aside and give me an honest answer. Seriously. Which method would earn you more money? This must be schtick And for MK9: How many times do I have to tell you that this "new audience" will be small BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEW CONTENT. IT'S THE SAME SHIT JUST THROWN INTO A PACKAGE. CAPSLOCK, you must be serious. How many times do I have to tell you that your speculation is worthless, most speculation is, but you dont even have credability, GOTY editions are for casual fans who mightve been on the fence, can now buy the game with all the DLC bundled in and join the community. And Dead Rising 2: OTR is not the same shit with Frank West. Those aren't Dead Rising fans. They are ignorant pricks. Dead Rising: OTR was meant to entertain FRANK WEST FANS. It added new weapons, bosses, survivors, an amusement park, and a HUGE twist in the story. I have both versions and both were great. If you don't like Frank West then no shit, don't buy the game. NOW THIS is SCHTICK
lmao this guy cant be serious capcom Pisses all over their fanboys and they just lap it up and ask for more...
February 27th, 2012 4:56 PM CST - Commander
Quoted for truth. I'm not spending extra $$$ on this, because I already have it. I do hope that the MKKE does bring around some new fans that never picked it up, to begin with.
Originally Posted by : Jason Shearer
As for MK9 not being popular anymore, it's still very much alive in the tournament scene. It may not have the numbers online that it did closer to launch, but that doesn't mean anything. Casual players move on to other things (and let's face it, most of you here are casuals) and hardcore players don't bother with the online component to begin with.
I hate this black and white between what's considered hardcore and casual. There is a gray area, you know. Just because I don't play at the Tournament level, doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Playing other games on your PS3 360 doesn't make you an MK "casual." Trading in MK games for a different genre game because it's not your favorite game series, makes you an MK casual. I'm willing to bet that 90% of people who sign up for game forums, are "hardcore" fans of that series. I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, but I'm only a member of TRMK, SOLELY for the purpose of talking Mortal Kombat.
February 27th, 2012 6:22 PM CST - C-Sword
Someone just posted this on another MK board 1) The title screen actually reads Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. 2) There is an extra trailer for Mortal Kombat legacy in the Announcement Trailers section 3) The dlc Characters have nekropolis spots. Kenshi and Rain are next to kratos. Skarlet and Freddy are next to Quan Chi. 4) If you have beaten the game with the dlc characters before their endings are viewable in the Necropolis 5) Saves from previous edition work on this edition 6) Graphics glitches like Mileena's hair going through her neck have been fixed. Also stages like the Flesh pits have been lightened up a tad to bring out detail 7) the music has been raised up a notch or two. Still not like it should be but louder than before
February 27th, 2012 6:30 PM CST - Critical-Limit
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
Quoted for truth. I'm not spending extra $$$ on this, because I already have it. I do hope that the MKKE does bring around some new fans that never picked it up, to begin with. I hate this black and white between what's considered hardcore and casual. There is a gray area, you know. Just because I don't play at the Tournament level, doesn't mean I'm not a hardcore fan. Playing other games on your PS3 360 doesn't make you an MK "casual." Trading in MK games for a different genre game because it's not your favorite game series, makes you an MK casual. I'm willing to bet that 90% of people who sign up for game forums, are "hardcore" fans of that series. I'm a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, but I'm only a member of TRMK, SOLELY for the purpose of talking Mortal Kombat.
Hardcore fans is not the same thing as a hardcore competitive gamer. I think you are taking his words out of context. What he means by hardcore are people who push their limits in skill and knowledge with said game. You may be more hardcore fan for example let's pretend Aldo plays it at a casual level. He is clearly a hardcore fan though with his mk swag, and burning desire for lui kang.
February 27th, 2012 7:25 PM CST - BLeonard
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
Someone just posted this on another MK board 1) The title screen actually reads Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. 2) There is an extra trailer for Mortal Kombat legacy in the Announcement Trailers section 3) The dlc Characters have nekropolis spots. Kenshi and Rain are next to kratos. Skarlet and Freddy are next to Quan Chi. 4) If you have beaten the game with the dlc characters before their endings are viewable in the Necropolis 5) Saves from previous edition work on this edition 6) Graphics glitches like Mileena's hair going through her neck have been fixed. Also stages like the Flesh pits have been lightened up a tad to bring out detail 7) the music has been raised up a notch or two. Still not like it should be but louder than before
If those are in fact true, 3,4,6 and 7 should all be patched to be universal. I'm guessing regardless, they're going to have to have a patch that allows people that have the Komplete Edition (or the DLC from the initial version) to be able to use Rain, Kenshi and Skarlet online, even if their opponent doesn't have them and hasn't downloaded the compatibility packs. What good is having Kenshi, Rain and Skarlet (along with the DLC costumes) on the disk if they still can't be used online? -Bill
February 27th, 2012 8:38 PM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : BLeonard
If those are in fact true, 3,4,6 and 7 should all be patched to be universal.
Agreed. I seriously hope this is patched for the standard version of MK9, when MKKE comes out. Sucks that I have to beat Ladder Mode every time I want to see Skarlet or Rain's ending.
February 27th, 2012 8:46 PM CST - Havok
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
Agreed. I seriously hope this is patched for the standard version of MK9, when MKKE comes out. Sucks that I have to beat Ladder Mode every time I want to see Skarlet or Rain's ending.
I don't want to go to youtube to see those either. there better be a umk9 someday
February 27th, 2012 9:10 PM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Havok
I go to youtube for those, but I'd love to see my bonus characters get their own spots on the nekropolis
Yeah, there's that, but in all honesty, NRS should have patched that in the patch that came with Freddy. They could have done something to the effect where if you didn't DL those characters the spot would still be there, but it would just be empty.
February 27th, 2012 9:12 PM CST - Havok
what ****ed me off the most is that the compability packs were not manditory for the xbox 360, never got a chance to get good with any dlc character online
February 28th, 2012 12:31 PM CST - Jason Shearer
Originally Posted by : Critical-Limit
Hardcore fans is not the same thing as a hardcore competitive gamer. I think you are taking his words out of context. What he means by hardcore are people who push their limits in skill and knowledge with said game. You may be more hardcore fan for example let's pretend Aldo plays it at a casual level. He is clearly a hardcore fan though with his mk swag, and burning desire for lui kang.
That's exactly what I meant.
February 28th, 2012 1:32 PM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Critical-Limit
Hardcore fans is not the same thing as a hardcore competitive gamer. I think you are taking his words out of context. What he means by hardcore are people who push their limits in skill and knowledge with said game. You may be more hardcore fan for example let's pretend Aldo plays it at a casual level. He is clearly a hardcore fan though with his mk swag, and burning desire for lui kang.
Originally Posted by : Jason Shearer
That's exactly what I meant.
I do apologize, then. I misunderstood. What if you DO try to get better with the characters, but you just don't go to Tournaments? My point being: Does not attending Tournaments not make you a hardcore player? No matter how good I try to get with MK, I'll never be at the level of someone like Perfect Legend or Check 4900. It's just the laws of nature. Some people will play guitar for many years and never reach the level of someone like Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Randy Rhoads or Kirk Hammett.
February 28th, 2012 3:59 PM CST - Nasty_Freak
Originally Posted by : Jason Shearer
As you should. If you already own the game, but want the DLC, movie, and/or soundtrack, those alone would be cheaper than buying MKKE. Otherwise, it's not worth it. $60 may seem steep, but for people that don't have any of this stuff, it's definitely worth it. It's all in the math. As for MK9 not being popular anymore, it's still very much alive in the tournament scene. It may not have the numbers online that it did closer to launch, but that doesn't mean anything. Casual players move on to other things (and let's face it, most of you here are casuals) and hardcore players don't bother with the online component to begin with.
True! Maybe if it has the classic fatalities, such as the "Kiss of Death" from Kitana, for most characters that didn't have classic fatalities and even the extra costumes that are from the MK (PS Vita version), then it'd be all worth it. Better yet, Tanya should've been added. Then it'd be worth $60. But for those who don't have the game at all, this is their opportunity to enjoy it.
February 28th, 2012 4:58 PM CST - Aquaman
Komplete Edition... hmm, if it came with the fightstick, maybe I'd buy it. -playing MK9 right now-
February 29th, 2012 12:58 AM CST - Jason Shearer
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
I do apologize, then. I misunderstood.
No worries.
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
What if you DO try to get better with the characters, but you just don't go to Tournaments? My point being: Does not attending Tournaments not make you a hardcore player? No matter how good I try to get with MK, I'll never be at the level of someone like Perfect Legend or Check 4900. It's just the laws of nature. Some people will play guitar for many years and never reach the level of someone like Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Randy Rhoads or Kirk Hammett.
You can definitely be a hardcore player and not profit from it. I consider myself both a hardcore MK fan and a hardcore MK player. While I have an interest in the tournament scene, I've never competed in it. There's casual fans and hardcore fans. The casual fans are attracted to the novelty of MK and can take it or leave it, while the hardcore fans have stuck with it through the highs and lows; it's a passion. A lot of MK fans aren't very good at the games themselves because everyone likes the series for different reasons. For me personally, the mythology and characters keep me interested, but I'm also drawn to the competitive side of UMK3 and MK9.
March 4th, 2012 1:40 PM CST - TheDentedOne
I don't know if this was talked about but do you think the Komplete edition will end up on xbla and psn? I'm a fan of not having to insert a disk as lazy as that may sound
March 9th, 2012 3:27 AM CST - Kogia
Originally Posted by : TheDentedOne
I don't know if this was talked about but do you think the Komplete edition will end up on xbla and psn? I'm a fan of not having to insert a disk as lazy as that may sound
I'm the same with the discs. I imagine playing MK for a long while, so I'd like to have it on a drop down easy to access list on my PS3, then I can finally eject the disc and have a none downloadable game in there. If they release the Komplete Edition for dlc, the fact that Skarlet and co finally get Nekropolis spots will give me the excuse to buy the game again and at last get it on my harddrive.
March 11th, 2012 2:56 PM CST - Medellin
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $40 FS PS3 - [URL]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mortal+Kombat+Komplete+Edition+-+PlayStation+3/4770596.p?id=1218524493326&skuId=4770596&st=mortal%20kombat&lp=3&cp=1[/URL] Xbox 360 - [URL]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mortal+Kombat+Komplete+Edition+-+Xbox+360/4770578.p?id=1218524491065&skuId=4770578&st=mortal%20kombat&lp=4&cp=1[/URL]
March 12th, 2012 6:03 PM CST - Fastpatty22
Nothing on top of the dlc huh? Wow, cant beleive they couldnt throw any extra little thing in gamewise, sure the movie and soundtracks cool, but imagine if they had exclusive boss unlocks for local, how many people would have rebought the game?
March 13th, 2012 9:49 AM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Fastpatty22
Nothing on top of the dlc huh? Wow, cant beleive they couldnt throw any extra little thing in gamewise, sure the movie and soundtracks cool, but imagine if they had exclusive boss unlocks for local, how many people would have rebought the game?
This was meant for people who DON'T have the game yet. $40, as Medellin mentioned above, for a game that brings all the previous DLC content plus the MK1 movie and MK9 soundtrack is NOT a bad deal at all. I'm amazed at how there's always a reason to complain about something.
March 13th, 2012 8:32 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
This was meant for people who DON'T have the game yet. $40, as Medellin mentioned above, for a game that brings all the previous DLC content plus the MK1 movie and MK9 soundtrack is NOT a bad deal at all. I'm amazed at how there's always a reason to complain about something.
But how many of us bought the game close to a year now if sales were big when it came out? Clearly if they really wanted to sell the Komplete Edition they would have released extra DLC extra costumes not just the ordinary stuff that people already bought and had months ago out of our own pockets. Im sure lowering down the price from 60 to 40 in less than a month just tells me that sales didnt go to well due to most already having the game or the fact that most people already owned it that they sold it because they wanted to move on to other games. I mean clearly MK Team and NRS already milked our money $$ on all the DLC they released almost a year ago and they expect us to pull out our own wallets and purchase the same thing we bought a year ago sorry but no thanks
March 13th, 2012 8:45 PM CST - Metal Overlord
Oh my god.... This wasn't meant to be UMK9 or anything like that, goddamn. It was only supposed to bundle together all of the DLC content into one disc, you know, like a GOTY edition. The Komplete Edition is NOT people like us who already bought the original game and its DLC. If they put any new content in the game then that would only piss off the people who might have wanted that content as DLC for the original game If you want to see extra content for MK9, then hit up MK Vita
March 13th, 2012 9:15 PM CST - Critical-Limit
@ Araknyd Commander: Anyone can be as good as they want to be at anything. It depends on your passion. People who win HUGE money at large scale tournaments. They put in ALOT more effort than you think to get as good as they are. The past can help you obtain a level faster and quicker than others because you already have tools that you understand what to look for. Let me give you an example. I got good at this game fast because my competitive mindset from previous games carried over. I know how to look at mistakes and how to fix them. I know how to properly lab and test things. I try to understand the human mind and how it likes to be attracted to patterns. Just because Perfect Legend got 1st and we all got MK9 at the same time. Doesn't mean he has some super special talent. He WORKED for it, he has played many other fighters competitively for years before hand. THe only difference is, when he picked up the game. he knew EXACTLY how he should start trying to break it down so he'd know all the options and as many matchups as possible. Where as you never had this history or experience. So you're YEARS behind him. Despite picking up the game day 1 as he did. You can be as good as you want to be man. The question is how passionate and how much work you are willing to put into it. That talent you speak of is really just "previous experiences drawn together" to form a different mind that will handle the game differently. I have strengths and being able to think a few steps ahead, I also have strengths is breaking down games. I have a positive attitude and I know how to accept my mistakes and work toward correcting them. MY WEAKNESS is technical consistency. I'm terrible at consistency with my button timings. Because my head thinks like 4 steps ahead of my fingers and they lag behind sometimes causing a input error. Point in case. If you're always trying to improve araknyd. IN A REAL sense. Then yes you are being competitive and can be considered a hardcore competitive. The degree is just different. You're hardcore competitive just as Tom Brady is hardcore competitive. THe difference is in your dedication. Tom Brady obviously has WAY more dedication than probably me and you combined. Therefore he's "MORE hardcore" in a competitive sense than me or you. But me and you like to talk about MK stories and shit. So he's probably not even like 25% as huge a fan as some of us on this site.
March 13th, 2012 11:22 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Metal Overlord
Oh my god.... This wasn't meant to be UMK9 or anything like that, goddamn. If you want to see extra content for MK9, then hit up MK Vita
If it wasnt suppose to be an UMK9 or have additional DLC then why did they decide to include extra content on the PSVita Version and please dont tell me its because its a new console and because they want to help Sony sale some extra Vitas because i aint gonna buy that. Im not gonna spend an extra 250 plus 60 just for to get some extra content not released on a game i already have sorry but no thanks
March 13th, 2012 11:24 PM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Metal Overlord
Oh my god.... @Metal Overlord This wasn't meant to be UMK9 or anything like that, goddamn. It was only supposed to bundle together all of the DLC content into one disc, you know, like a GOTY edition. The Komplete Edition is NOT people like us who already bought the original game and its DLC. If they put any new content in the game then that would only piss off the people who might have wanted that content as DLC for the original game If you want to see extra content for MK9, then hit up MK Vita
I don't know why I waste my breath reiterating the same thing you just said Metal. No matter how much you try to explain that the game was meant for NEW people, there will always be others who think that Ed and NRS just sit there coming up with ways to screw the fans over. -_- @Critical: That's what I was trying to get at. I know that those guys have years of experience due to basically making it a career. Like you said, I think that someone can also be a hardcore competitor, by trying to get better. I miss button inputs all the time, and all though I like learning new combos, what I really try to get better at is strategy instead. Sure, the 15+hit combos are nice on YouTube, but it's a different story against a live opponent. That's what I see a lot of these guys like vVvReo and Perfect Legend doing. Sure, they'll do a long combo once and a while, but from the Tourney's that I've seen streamed, they focus more on opponent strategy.
March 13th, 2012 11:44 PM CST - Liu Kang93
Originally Posted by : MK9Scorpion2011
If it wasnt suppose to be an UMK9 or have additional DLC then why did they decide to include extra content on the PSVita Version and please dont tell me its because its a new console and because they want to help Sony sale some extra Vitas because i aint gonna buy that. Im not gonna spend an extra 250 plus 60 just for to get some extra content not released on a game i already have sorry but no thanks
Maybe thats just you. I know for a fact that I would spend all that money again :D. Also can we stop with UMK9 bull crap Boon said him self that there are no plans for it. Give it a break already.
March 14th, 2012 5:27 AM CST - Critical-Limit
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
I don't know why I waste my breath reiterating the same thing you just said Metal. No matter how much you try to explain that the game was meant for NEW people, there will always be others who think that Ed and NRS just sit there coming up with ways to screw the fans over. -_- @Critical: That's what I was trying to get at. I know that those guys have years of experience due to basically making it a career. Like you said, I think that someone can also be a hardcore competitor, by trying to get better. I miss button inputs all the time, and all though I like learning new combos, what I really try to get better at is strategy instead. Sure, the 15+hit combos are nice on YouTube, but it's a different story against a live opponent. That's what I see a lot of these guys like vVvReo and Perfect Legend doing. Sure, they'll do a long combo once and a while, but from the Tourney's that I've seen streamed, they focus more on opponent strategy.
Yes lot to Learn some general stuff eg Combos Mix ups Mind games Conditioning Meter management Thinking ahead Pressure Knowledge Spacing Ect ect.
March 14th, 2012 9:16 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Liu Kang93
Maybe thats just you. I know for a fact that I would spend all that money again :D. Also can we stop with UMK9 bull crap Boon said him self that there are no plans for it. Give it a break already.
Yeah your right that is just me sometimes these handled consoles is not for alot of us that dont like to carry things like that around, i mean i dont like to carry one of those around me anyways, i tried with Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP it just didnt work out for me due to the fact that im always using my phone instead for Facebook, Twitter or other phone apps...And people do need to stop with this UMK9 thing its freaken old already and its not coming out move on, MK9 is over with already if they wanted to release another MK game they would have done it already, thats finale Gee Maniee Christmas you guys!
March 14th, 2012 11:30 AM CST - Commander
Originally Posted by : Critical-Limit
Conditioning
I understood the rest, but can you PM me about this? What do you mean by conditioning? I don't want to get the thread off-topic. OT: I do hope that the people who haven't gotten it yet get it at the Best Buy $40 price.
March 28th, 2012 11:03 PM CST - Medellin
they threw some extra content on the handheld version bc its a handheld version... UMVC did the same, as did Tekken/SF...Vita is a new handheld and it needs all the help it can get to move units in a dying market...that market is handheld gaming... This is a GOTY year edition, Standard GOTY practices dictate that All previously released DLC is bundled with the game in a nice package... See they are different....Understand? on a related note the Komplete Edition is on Sale at GS this sunday for $30
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK