January 17th, 2012
10:27 AM CST -
After months of rumors and mentions by Sony at various events, Warner Bros. has officially announced the release of Mortal Kombat for the PlayStation Vita. The release date is said to be Spring according to WB Games UK on Twitter.

There isn't many details, but the press release had this quote from Ed Boon about it. To us it makes it sound like it's a port of Mortal Kombat (2011) with specialized Vita features instead of a new game. This would make sense because the game's Unreal Engine 3 will run on the PS Vita.

The NetherRealm team is committed to making sure that we follow up the success of 2011's Mortal Kombat with an equally compelling experience on the PlayStation Vita. The original game content and new features we developed for the PlayStation Vita will provide gamers with the best fighting game experience available on the new mobile platform." - Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios


One interesting point of note, is that they say the game is going to be playable at the Vita preview Vita Hill Social Clubs which are opening across the US today. I have received word that the game will not be there starting today, but to stay tuned to the PlayStation Blog for more details on when it and other new Vita games will be available to play before the Vita launches on February 22nd, 2012.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



January 17th, 2012 10:39 AM CST - Noob+Saibot
I bet this will include UMK3 costumes and Cyber-Smoke and maybe Brutalities.
January 17th, 2012 11:00 AM CST - Araknyd_Commander
What "specialized Vita features?" Also, is THIS the 3rd "surprise"?
January 17th, 2012 11:00 AM CST - C-Sword
Let's start a wishlist thread lol Exclusive kharacters? UMK3 ninja costumes? New game mode? The X-Ray will probably be performed by sliding your finger across the rear touch pad. I'm getting the Vita just for this game!
January 17th, 2012 11:02 AM CST - Noob+Saibot
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
What "specialized Vita features." Also, is THIS the 3rd surprise?
Boon didn't call it a surprise.
January 17th, 2012 11:11 AM CST - Jinko
If it's just a port of MK9, I'll pass. I'll still purchase the game for my collection, but not the Vita. If it a brand new MK game, then February is going to be one expensive month.
January 17th, 2012 11:12 AM CST - Dedamn666
This is fantastic news!! Well done Ed and his team!! I cat wait to buy a Vita now just for this!!! I bet it is even better than the console versions. Only a few weeks till the Vita in the UK, i cant wait, i really cant wait!
January 17th, 2012 12:38 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Is it safe to assume that this will basically be a port of the PS3 Komplete Edition?
January 17th, 2012 2:50 PM CST - SpinerippingFun
Probably yes, though if Cyber Smoke's in it I'll buy the damned Vita just for him.
January 17th, 2012 7:03 PM CST - Liu Kang93
Is this the third surprise???
January 17th, 2012 8:42 PM CST - outworld222
Hmmm, I wish I just waited and got a vita instead of a 3DS. I guess I'll have to be an owner of vita as well now. Its all good, since I haven't gotten into this mortal kombat 9, I'll get into it with the vita.
January 18th, 2012 10:46 AM CST - Metal Overlord
With this, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Street Fighter x Tekken and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 coming out for Vita, I'm really considering getting one I hope it has some cool features
January 19th, 2012 1:24 AM CST - LeingodX
I hope the extra content of this version is enough to guarantee a purchase. As much as I love MK9, portability alone isn't enough to make me wanna get it.
January 19th, 2012 5:52 AM CST - Sub-Zera
Just some more disappointing news Boon and co really like to re-release the same thing more and more time. And when we thrill expecting something new, they re-release it once again. Of course, i didn't even expect MK10 will come this winter, but at least - a short PSN game, new Mythologies or something. What's the point in these "Komplete Editions" as everyone who was interested, already bought all DLCs in summer. I really already planned to buy Vita especially for a new MK. Buying a new console for a pair of klassic costumes? I will not. Me is very sad.
January 19th, 2012 6:52 AM CST - Metal Overlord
Sub-Zera, we don't even know what this is supposed to be yet It could be a port of MK9 with some "added features", but that's only speculation at this point; it could also be something different
January 19th, 2012 8:20 AM CST - LeingodX
Gimme different menu and character selection art, 2 new characters, playable bosses, Male MK2 and UMK3 costumes for the ninjas, MK2's missing costume for Mileena, a new game mode (or maybe "choose your destiny" ladders) and I'm sold. Asking too much? Maybe, yeah... but wanting some of us to buy a game twice is also asking too much IMO.
January 19th, 2012 12:34 PM CST - C-Sword
New Challenge Tower!!! Ed Boon: The fundamental necessity is quick access to gameplay, whether it’s online or locally. The mobile gaming experience is shorter bites of time. We identified the Challenge Tower as a perfect fit for mobile sessions, so we expanded it greatly for PS Vita. There are actually two Challenge Towers in the PS Vita version, and the new one has 150 challenges that are exclusive to PS Vita. A number of those challenges use PS Vita’s hardware features: the touch screen, the accelerometer. [...] In terms of gameplay, we’ve always wanted MK to be as accessible as possible. For example, you can touch your X-ray meter to execute an X-ray attack. For fatalities, you can “slash” the screen with the appropriate inputs — say, away, away, up — to execute the fatality. It makes some of the more difficult fatalities easier and it’s fun to slash at your screen to fire off a fatality. I was surprised by how engaging it is.
January 19th, 2012 12:46 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
New Challenge Tower!!! Ed Boon: The fundamental necessity is quick access to gameplay, whether it’s online or locally. The mobile gaming experience is shorter bites of time. We identified the Challenge Tower as a perfect fit for mobile sessions, so we expanded it greatly for PS Vita. There are actually two Challenge Towers in the PS Vita version, and the new one has 150 challenges that are exclusive to PS Vita. A number of those challenges use PS Vita’s hardware features: the touch screen, the accelerometer. [...] In terms of gameplay, we’ve always wanted MK to be as accessible as possible. For example, you can touch your X-ray meter to execute an X-ray attack. For fatalities, you can “slash” the screen with the appropriate inputs — say, away, away, up — to execute the fatality. It makes some of the more difficult fatalities easier and it’s fun to slash at your screen to fire off a fatality. I was surprised by how engaging it is.
Color me interested. Hoping to hear more
January 19th, 2012 2:56 PM CST - Metal Overlord
So there is some exclusive Vita content after all... I called it
January 19th, 2012 7:18 PM CST - C-Sword
Read the whole interview here
January 19th, 2012 11:16 PM CST - LeingodX
Now I hope to hear about the missing alternate costumes, MK4 Quan Chi, Sareena, Fujin, Tanya, or whoever. Friendships, brutalities? Choose your destiny? Cheat menu? Make it easy for us to give you our money NRS :D
January 19th, 2012 11:31 PM CST - MKShao_Kahn
No new characters I'm pretty sure..Ed would have told us at this point instead of the new Challenge Tower missions. I'm pretty sure the game is already 100% complete and ready to ship. However, they could give us brutalities since they were actually working on them during the development of MK9.
January 20th, 2012 1:57 AM CST - LeingodX
Playable bosses then? I remember the portable version of Deception had a few extra characters.
January 20th, 2012 7:40 AM CST - MKShao_Kahn
I believe that is quite likely, maybe as a reward for beating all 450 missions you'll get to play as Shao Kahn.
January 20th, 2012 9:55 AM CST - Sub-Zera
New challenge tower is still cute. But I'd be absolutely happy it there was the COMPLETE set of klassic costumes, and the most important thing - an option that all characters in arcade mode wear klassic costumes. In this case I'd be absolutely satisfied
January 20th, 2012 2:03 PM CST - Noob Saibot 2011
That wouldn't be fair if the PSVITA got brutalities, extra unlocks etc. And yes i am showing off a little jealousy because im annoyed about this. What about ps3 and 360?. We were told no more DLC :/.... so how does that work NRS..
January 20th, 2012 2:32 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : Sub-Zera
New challenge tower is still cute. But I'd be absolutely happy it there was the COMPLETE set of klassic costumes, and the most important thing - an option that all characters in arcade mode wear klassic costumes. In this case I'd be absolutely satisfied
I doubt there'll be classic costumes for all characters... even tho I'd love more than anything a MK4 costume for Quan Chi (I hate his MK:DA look) so I'd settle for UMK3 costumes for male ninjas and the missing MK2 costume for Mileena.
Originally Posted by : Noob Saibot 2011
That wouldn't be fair if the PSVITA got brutalities, extra unlocks etc. And yes i am showing off a little jealousy because im annoyed about this. What about ps3 and 360?. We were told no more DLC :/.... so how does that work NRS..
It worked fine for Mortal Kombat Unchained... it was Deception plus 4 (or was it 6?) new characters and nobody complained.
January 24th, 2012 7:18 AM CST - kingbigums
Sweet cannot wait for this hopefully the tony hawk pro skater hd remake goes to the vita as well and ill be set for the whole year with vita games
February 1st, 2012 10:51 AM CST - Noob+Saibot
Like I thought, PSVita will include UMK3 skin pack. You can see UMK3 Classic Sub-Zero at 01:43 IGN link YouTube link
February 1st, 2012 11:56 AM CST - chosen21
Nice cool things with the touch screen etc. I see some slowdowns and medium detail on the graphics
February 1st, 2012 12:01 PM CST - C-Sword
Is Shao Kahn playable outside of challenge tower? And yes!!! I saw UMK3 Sub-Zero! 16 additional skins?
February 1st, 2012 12:07 PM CST - Noob+Saibot
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
Is Shao Kahn playable outside of challenge tower? And yes!!! I saw UMK3 Sub-Zero
Nah, doubt it.
February 1st, 2012 3:38 PM CST - Metal Overlord
I swear I heard in the video that the Vita version will include more unlockables and stuff that wasn't included in the original game due to time constraints
February 1st, 2012 4:37 PM CST - Mad Max Andrade
Just hope they release all these new additional costumes to the other versions. Also, can we get MK3 Sonya?
February 1st, 2012 4:54 PM CST - C-Sword
Just watched a video preview by GameSpot, they confirmed DLC kharacters have been given alternate costumes <iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.gamespot.com/videoembed/6349511" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
February 1st, 2012 5:42 PM CST - Metal Overlord
Ok, so this is what I got from both the GameSpot and the IGN videos: - There's new costumes exclusive to MK Vita, some of which are alts for DLC characters - 2 New Test Minigames, one of which is Test Your Balance - Touchscreen controls, including the ability to activate an X-Ray and perform fatalities by using the touchscreen - 150 new Challenge Tower missions, including a NEW Challenge Tower reward and the ability to play as Shao Kahn in one of the missions - Some content that wasn't in the original MK9 due to time constraints will be included in MK Vita Yeah... I want this game and the Vita now pretty badly
February 1st, 2012 6:29 PM CST - LeingodX
Now I'm getting pumped for the game! UMK3 skins for ninjas! :D .... hope we get the missing ones from MK2 too (for male ninjas and Mileena) Add a couple new characters and/or playable bosses, and I'll place my preorder XD
February 1st, 2012 9:14 PM CST - Mike Riazy
The other minigame is a keepy up with missiles. you touch the missiles and they shoot up keeping the person in the air. sillyness.
February 1st, 2012 9:16 PM CST - KasaiWolf
Well in one of the other trailers there was an MK2 costume for Mileena and it seemed that there was an MK3 one for Sub-Zero which absolutly sucks if they do not release it for the console versions. I mean I know it is supposed to be exclusive but isn't that challenge tower and the ability to play as Shao Khan enough. I demand those costumes otherwise I am going to spam Ed's mail box on twitter.
February 1st, 2012 10:00 PM CST - xiphi
Originally Posted by : KasaiWolf
Well in one of the other trailers there was an MK2 costume for Mileena and it seemed that there was an MK3 one for Sub-Zero which absolutly sucks if they do not release it for the console versions. I mean I know it is supposed to be exclusive but isn't that challenge tower and the ability to play as Shao Khan enough. I demand those costumes otherwise I am going to spam Ed's mail box on twitter.
Those costumes were released as DLC for the consoles. Guess you didn't get the memo. Only thing exclusive to the Vita version is the fact they're included with the game this time. Just like they're about to be for the Komplete Edition. I bought this game the day it came out, and I'm not whining one bit. People are going to complain no matter what, and it'd be pointless to flood Ed's twitter since you'd end up looking like a fool in the end.
February 2nd, 2012 1:08 AM CST - Noob+Saibot
Originally Posted by : xiphi
Those costumes were released as DLC for the consoles. Guess you didn't get the memo. Only thing exclusive to the Vita version is the fact they're included with the game this time. Just like they're about to be for the Komplete Edition. I bought this game the day it came out, and I'm not whining one bit. People are going to complain no matter what, and it'd be pointless to flood Ed's twitter since you'd end up looking like a fool in the end.
UMK3 costumes weren't released as DLC.
February 2nd, 2012 5:17 AM CST - Flying Jinko
^ Only those two costumes from UMK3 were available as DLC for the consoles. There will be 16 additional costumes for the PSvita version as said in the gameplay video.
February 2nd, 2012 6:44 AM CST - Metal Overlord
Originally Posted by : xiphi
Those costumes were released as DLC for the consoles. Guess you didn't get the memo. Only thing exclusive to the Vita version is the fact they're included with the game this time. Just like they're about to be for the Komplete Edition. I bought this game the day it came out, and I'm not whining one bit. People are going to complain no matter what, and it'd be pointless to flood Ed's twitter since you'd end up looking like a fool in the end.
Um, MK2 Mileena was never released as DLC for consoles
February 2nd, 2012 11:28 AM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : xiphi
That's funny because... http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Mortal-Kombat-Compatibility-Pack-4-featuring-Sub-Zero-Klassic-Skins/59206d90-ad8c-45b8-875c-6407447c5f34 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Klassic-Skins-Pack-1/1892888a-c7e9-44f1-8451-9e82ca709c15
That's indeed funny... because that Sub-Zero outfit in particular isn't from UMK3, is his plain MK3 one. UMK3 had masked ninjas.
February 2nd, 2012 11:35 AM CST - PizzaMasta
They should just release Klassic Skins Pack #2, if not why name the other one #1 and not just "Klassic Skins Pack"?
February 2nd, 2012 12:14 PM CST - LeingodX
I do agree they should release the remaining skins for the console versions, but still, I think the portable version should have some degree of exclusive content... and I don't think the challenge tower by itself is enough.
February 2nd, 2012 12:37 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : Flying Jinko
^ Only those two costumes from UMK3 were available as DLC for the consoles. There will be 16 additional costumes for the PSvita version as said in the gameplay video.
^^ Exactly. If NRS is as predictable as usual, then the 16 costumes will probably be as follows: (keep in mind that ALL the DLC costumes from the PS3 360 version will probably be in, as well) - UMK3 Sub-Zero - UMK3 Scorpion - UMK3 Ermac - UMK3 Reptile - UMK3 Smoke - UMK3 Noob Saibot - UMK3 Rain - MK II Mileena That leaves 8 costumes for other characters.
February 2nd, 2012 12:57 PM CST - Flying Jinko
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
^^ Exactly. If NRS is as predictable as usual, then the 16 costumes will probably be as follows: (keep in mind that ALL the DLC costumes from the PS3 360 version will probably be in, as well) - UMK3 Sub-Zero - UMK3 Scorpion - UMK3 Ermac - UMK3 Reptile - UMK3 Smoke - UMK3 Noob Saibot - UMK3 Rain - MK II Mileena That leaves 8 costumes for other characters.
I too wish that those costumes would be released as DLC for the console versions as well. But the fact that they have announced the Komplete Edition with all prior DLC makes me doubtful whether they would release any further DLC for the consoles.
February 2nd, 2012 1:18 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
^^ Exactly. If NRS is as predictable as usual, then the 16 costumes will probably be as follows: (keep in mind that ALL the DLC costumes from the PS3 360 version will probably be in, as well) - UMK3 Sub-Zero - UMK3 Scorpion - UMK3 Ermac - UMK3 Reptile - UMK3 Smoke - UMK3 Noob Saibot - UMK3 Rain - MK II Mileena That leaves 8 costumes for other characters.
- MK2 Sub Zero - MK2 Scorpion - MK2 Reptile - MK2 Ermac? - MK2 Rain? - MK1 Smoke? - MK1 Noob Saibot? - MK1 Rain? I'm putting with a "?" the ones I'm not really sure about.
February 2nd, 2012 1:34 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : LeingodX
- MK2 Sub Zero - MK2 Scorpion - MK2 Reptile - MK2 Ermac? - MK2 Rain? - MK1 Smoke? - MK1 Noob Saibot? - MK1 Rain? I'm putting with a "?" the ones I'm not really sure about.
MKII Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile I could see them doing. Ermac and Rain weren't in MKII, and Smoke, Noob Saibot (the character, NOT Bi-Han) and Rain weren't in MK1. Who knows though? Cyber Sub-Zero got an MK3 costume, and he wasn't even around during the MK3 days. I guess anything is possible. I just wish NRS would have diversified a bit, when they were planning MK9, as far as other characters getting Klassic costumes. It would be nice to see characters like Kano, Liu Kang, Sonya, Jax, Baraka, Nightwolf, Sindel .......etc, etc, etc .......... getting some Klassic costumes.
February 2nd, 2012 4:42 PM CST - PizzaMasta
One for each DLCharacter so that's only ond left.. Kratos maybe?
February 2nd, 2012 9:03 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : PizzaMasta
One for each DLCharacter so that's only ond left.. Kratos maybe?
I'm still hoping for MK4 Quan Chi. Him having his MK:DA look, dragon king tatoos and all, just doesn't feel right to me. Besides, he looks too much like Kratos... at least his MK4 attire was more unique (and the spikes were badass)
February 2nd, 2012 9:17 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Do you guys think that the MK Gothy Edition for the PS3 and Xbox360 will have the extra content and features that the PSVita version of MK will have? Excluding the touch screen fatalities, but as reference to the new "Test your Balance" and and extra stages and dlc?
February 2nd, 2012 9:42 PM CST - Metal Overlord
Yes, Quan Chi needs his MK4 outfit Better yet, give him his MK4 voice back, too "Your powers are useless against me!"
February 2nd, 2012 10:15 PM CST - C-Sword
What do you guys think is the reward for completing the new challenge tower? New costumes? Shao Kahn playable in ladder mode? Jason...
February 2nd, 2012 11:28 PM CST - LeingodX
I doubt it's gonna be new characters, so I'd settle for playable bosses in ladder
February 3rd, 2012 7:12 AM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : MK9Scorpion2011
Do you guys think that the MK Gothy Edition for the PS3 and Xbox360 will have the extra content and features that the PSVita version of MK will have? Excluding the touch screen fatalities, but as reference to the new "Test your Balance" and and extra stages and dlc?
PSVita features? NO PSVita UMK3 costumes? I sure as hell hope so.
February 3rd, 2012 7:59 AM CST - Hanzo
I really hope they release the umk3 ninja pack for the home consoles, at least 6 months after the vitas release would be sweet. Anyone got a better close up of subzeros mask?
February 3rd, 2012 8:14 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Hanzo
I really hope they release the umk3 ninja pack for the home consoles, at least 6 months after the vitas release would be sweet. Anyone got a better close up of subzeros mask?
Id say they should do it for all 3 versions of MK9 GOTY, Origional, and PSVitato release the UMK3 Costumes including the MK2 Mileena and Skarlet costumes...Damn Im so Addicted to DLC
February 3rd, 2012 1:33 PM CST - KasaiWolf
I certainly hope they release the new costumes because the MK3 ones were my fave, it was the first one MK game I really remember playing and I want to get those costumes. They had better release them.
February 3rd, 2012 9:52 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : KasaiWolf
I certainly hope they release the new costumes because the MK3 ones were my fave, it was the first one MK game I really remember playing and I want to get those costumes. They had better release them.
Well, the MK3 costumes are already there... it's the UMK3 ones that are missing.
February 3rd, 2012 10:53 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : LeingodX
Well, the MK3 costumes are already there... it's the UMK3 ones that are missing.
No there not, we only have the female UMK3 but not the Male UMK3 costumes
February 3rd, 2012 11:09 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : MK9Scorpion2011
No there not, we only have the female UMK3 but not the Male UMK3 costumes
I said clearly, MK3... not UMK3. And we got those: MK3 Cyrax and Sektor, and MK3 Sub-Zero.
February 4th, 2012 9:38 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : LeingodX
I said clearly, MK3... not UMK3. And we got those: MK3 Cyrax and Sektor, and MK3 Sub-Zero.
Oh cause I was under the impresssion you meant characters like Sonya, Kano, Jax, Kabal, Nightwolf, and Robo Smoke lol
February 4th, 2012 2:26 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : MK9Scorpion2011
Oh cause I was under the impresssion you meant characters like Sonya, Kano, Jax, Kabal, Nightwolf, and Robo Smoke lol
Nah I meant ninjas and palette swap characters. Regrettably, no other character has a "classic" costume :S
February 6th, 2012 12:39 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : LeingodX
Regrettably, no other character has a "classic" costume :S
That was my point earlier. I hope that if NRS DID make UMK3 costumes for other characters (other than the ninjas), that they'd eventually make them available via PSN and XBLA. There's 16 additional costumes for the Vita version, and the ninjas would make up about 7 of those UMK3 costumes (including Rain). That leaves 9 costumes. Then you count the DLC alternate costumes, which are 4 more. So, that leaves 5. Hopefully those 5 costumes are Klassics for characters OTHER than the ninjas.
February 6th, 2012 6:09 PM CST - krazyhugo
No Motaro, No Cyber Smoke = Not buying this game...The console version is all I need. More pumped by MK Mugen Remix!! Go on Bleed and Co!
February 6th, 2012 7:08 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
That was my point earlier. I hope that if NRS DID make UMK3 costumes for other characters (other than the ninjas), that they'd eventually make them available via PSN and XBLA. There's 16 additional costumes for the Vita version, and the ninjas would make up about 7 of those UMK3 costumes (including Rain). That leaves 9 costumes. Then you count the DLC alternate costumes, which are 4 more. So, that leaves 5. Hopefully those 5 costumes are Klassics for characters OTHER than the ninjas.
- Sub Zero UMK3 costume - Scorpion UMK3 costume - Reptile UMK3 costume - Ermac UMK3 costume - Rain UMK3 costume - Noob Saibot UMK3 costume - Smoke UMK3 costume - Sub Zero MK2 costume - Scorpion MK2 costume - Reptile MK2 costume - Ermac MK2 costume - Rain MK2 costume - Ermac MK1 costume - Rain MK1 costume - Noob Saibot MK1 costume - Mileena MK2 costume There you go. 16 costumes. I know some of these don't really make sense, but since they're just palette swaps, it's the easy road for NRS. I bet they will take it :P I read somewhere the DLC characters would have alternate costumes too, though.
February 6th, 2012 8:23 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : LeingodX
- Sub Zero UMK3 costume - Scorpion UMK3 costume - Reptile UMK3 costume - Ermac UMK3 costume - Rain UMK3 costume - Noob Saibot UMK3 costume - Smoke UMK3 costume - Sub Zero MK2 costume - Scorpion MK2 costume - Reptile MK2 costume - Ermac MK2 costume - Rain MK2 costume - Ermac MK1 costume - Rain MK1 costume - Noob Saibot MK1 costume - Mileena MK2 costume There you go. 16 costumes. I know some of these don't really make sense, but since they're just palette swaps, it's the easy road for NRS. I bet they will take it :P I read somewhere the DLC characters would have alternate costumes too, though.
Ermac's MK1 costume is already in the game. These are 16 additional costumes including the ones already out on PSN XBLA. Noob Saibot and Rain weren't in MK1. It wouldn't make sense. Also, Rain was never in MKII.
February 6th, 2012 9:15 PM CST - C-Sword
It's NRS, it doesn't have to make sense, those skins are already made, they'll probably give them to the other ninjas as well. Cyber Sub wasn't in MK3, that didn't stop them from giving him a MK3 cyborg skin
February 6th, 2012 9:37 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
Cyber Sub wasn't in MK3, that didn't stop them from giving him a MK3 cyborg skin
That's very true. You have a point.
February 6th, 2012 9:41 PM CST - Metal Overlord
They probably gave Cyber Subby an MK3 costume as a "what-if?" sort of thing because he replaced a character that actually WAS in MK3 (Cyber Smoke, who was also the hidden, unlockable cyborg in that game just like Cyber Subby is in MK9)
February 7th, 2012 2:04 AM CST - Noob+Saibot
UMK3 Scorpion <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-JVT_A4MC5s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
February 7th, 2012 6:15 AM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : Araknyd_Commander
Ermac's MK1 costume is already in the game. These are 16 additional costumes including the ones already out on PSN XBLA. Noob Saibot and Rain weren't in MK1. It wouldn't make sense. Also, Rain was never in MKII.
Actually Ermac was my only oversight... the others are costumes missing from the console version of MK9. And sure, I already said some of these wouldn't make sense, but it's a cheap and easy way to add more costumes just for the sake of it.
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
It's NRS, it doesn't have to make sense, those skins are already made, they'll probably give them to the other ninjas as well. Cyber Sub wasn't in MK3, that didn't stop them from giving him a MK3 cyborg skin
Exactly. Doesn't need to make sense, the skins are there... turn red to black and VOILA! Ermac to Noob. That's what I meant. BTW, even here we can't avoid these spammers? Ugh.
February 7th, 2012 7:16 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Thats stupid how can NRS release more content and more costumes on the PSVita then on the regular console versions? What to make more money? I want the UMK3 Male ninja costumes on my Console version including MK2 Mileena and MK2 Skarlet me feel really sad now
February 7th, 2012 7:23 AM CST - Noob+Saibot
Originally Posted by : MK9Scorpion2011
Thats stupid how can NRS release more content and more costumes on the PSVita then on the regular console versions? What to make more money? I want the UMK3 Male ninja costumes on my Console version including MK2 Mileena and MK2 Skarlet
How else can they promote new console and a game for it? By adding exclusive content.
February 7th, 2012 7:31 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Noob+Saibot
How else can they promote new console and a game for it? By adding exclusive content.
I will pay what ever it costs for those UMK3 Male Ninja Palette Swap costumes..i wouldnt doubt that this GOTY addition will have similar extra content like the PSVita then im gonna be spending more money out of my own pocket just to get the pallete swap costumes
February 7th, 2012 8:16 AM CST - Noob+Saibot
Originally Posted by : MK9Scorpion2011
I will pay what ever it costs for those UMK3 Male Ninja Palette Swap costumes..i wouldnt doubt that this GOTY addition will have similar extra content like the PSVita then im gonna be spending more money out of my own pocket just to get the pallete swap costumes
It will NOT have something MK9 didn't have. Komplete Edition is for those who doesn't have the game and all of its DLC yet. Not to sound like a dick, but you guys who's hoping for something new should've understood it long time ago.
February 7th, 2012 8:29 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Noob+Saibot
It will NOT have something MK9 didn't have. Komplete Edition is for those who doesn't have the game and all of its DLC yet. Not to sound like a dick, but you guys who's hoping for something new should've understood it long time ago.
I already that already, we just didnt think that dlc was gonna be that big of a deal thats all
February 7th, 2012 10:16 AM CST - C-Sword
The UMK3 ninjas look exactly like the crappy toys Jazwares made. They probably added those to the Vita version, because they didn't think a new challenge tower would be enough to attract new buyers, it's actually a smart business move. I was planning to get the Vita since the handheld was announced, so there's no reason for me to complain about them not being available for the console versions as well. I'm quite pleased with what the PS3 version got, it doesn't need new kharacters or costumes, I'm glad that NRS has moved on and started working on other projects.
February 7th, 2012 10:27 AM CST - LeingodX
It's pretty normal for handheld versions to have something extra to compensate for the little screen and the late release. Personally, I'm OK with that... and if they announce more new content, I guess I'll be pretty tempted to get a copy for myself :D
February 8th, 2012 2:01 AM CST - Medellin
I want those MK3 skins on the PS3 NOW!!
February 8th, 2012 7:41 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Medellin
I want those MK3 skins on the PS3 NOW!!
I Jelous that the PSVita is getting everything the Xbox 360 and PS3 had plus more extra content like new mini games "Test your Balance" and UMK3 Male Ninja Palette Swaps i wish NRS would later have the tendency to release those outfits on the PS3 and Xbox 360 after they release it on the PSVita
February 8th, 2012 9:11 AM CST - Empress
I'm sorry but I'm not going to spend 250 for a portable console for a game I have on two systems already. When is the VIta going to talk about ORIGINAL games? Everything seems to be stuff that is already on console. No new IP or anything? No games MADE for the Vita? I mean I don't see anything new about the MK game worth putting it on MK for. The blood on the screen thing seem like a dumb idea. I don't want to waste time trying to wipe off my screen when I want to fight nor do I want to have to rub my damn screen smearing it like that. I just really don't like it. A friend of mine thinks I'll get one in the future but so far I see no reason to get one and to many not to and I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with the PSP. XD
February 8th, 2012 9:42 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Empress
I'm sorry but I'm not going to spend 250 for a portable console for a game I have on two systems already. When is the VIta going to talk about ORIGINAL games? Everything seems to be stuff that is already on console. No new IP or anything? No games MADE for the Vita? I mean I don't see anything new about the MK game worth putting it on MK for. The blood on the screen thing seem like a dumb idea. I don't want to waste time trying to wipe off my screen when I want to fight nor do I want to have to rub my damn screen smearing it like that. I just really don't like it. A friend of mine thinks I'll get one in the future but so far I see no reason to get one and to many not to and I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with the PSP. XD
Yeah i kinda agree with the wiping on the screen thing when your fighting seems kinda dumb to me also, like who is gonna want to waste time wiping the screen off when your opponet is taking you out? The thing that i kinda dont understand about the Vita is if they have an online play, quick questions guys: 1) will Vita Players be playing on the same network and using the same chatrooms as the regular PS3 owners? If they do then i guess we PS3 owners will be playing against players who have access to all new costumes not included with MK version from the PS3 console 2) Honestly I have a PS3 and MK and im not whiling to spend 250 on something i already have..so my question is..if MK9 was one of the top selling fighting games in 2011 and lets say sales of MK on PSvita dont do good or they do good but not as much as Xbox and PS3 because mostly everyone has all DLC and the Game..do you guys think NRS might later release the extra outfits for PS3 and Xbox 360? Months later after the PSVita release?
February 8th, 2012 10:10 AM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : Empress
When is the VIta going to talk about ORIGINAL games? Everything seems to be stuff that is already on console. No new IP or anything? No games MADE for the Vita? I mean I don't see anything new about the MK game worth putting it on MK for.
The Vita hasn't even come out in America yet, and it's been on the market in Japan for just about a month or so. Every handheld since the Gameboy advance has released with some kind of port of one or other console game, including the recent 3DS. In a year or so, the Vita will have more stuff to call its own.
February 8th, 2012 10:57 AM CST - C-Sword
The blood on the screen thing is part of a mission on the new challenge tower, don't tell me that you people actually thought you had to do that in real matches lol. The 2nd challenge tower was added to take advantage of the new features on the Vita. 2 more weeks before the Vita comes out! Get hyped!
February 8th, 2012 11:46 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Will the Vita be using there own Network or will they be using the PS3 Network though?
February 8th, 2012 1:35 PM CST - Noob Saibot 2011
Im really wanting to buy this. But i have MK9 on xbox :/. And i would feel stupid rebuying the game. Maybe if there are more features. But damn i can't believe the console versions never got UMK3 skins :'(. I bet the PSVITA version gets new arena's aswell. The ones that were missing.
February 8th, 2012 1:57 PM CST - craftycheese
1. UMK3 Sub Zero 2. UMK3 Scorpion 3. UMK3 Reptile 4. UMK3 Smoke 5. UMK3 Noob 6. UMK3 Ermac 7. UMK3 Rain 8. MK2 Sub 9. MK2 Scorpion 10. MK2 Reptile 11. MK2 Mileena 12. MK2 Skarlet I think these are most likely going to happen, as they are easier to do. And since they said that DLC will have alternates too, I'll add the other two DLC characters. 13. Maybe Deception Kenshi 14. Disco Suit Freddy. whatever That would still leave 2 more. Now since most of the characters strongly resemble their classics in either their main or alternate costumes, I don't think that they will get a classic skin. One possibility that could happen is a MK3 Cyber Smoke skin for Smoke. Another thing that could happen is a MK4 Quan Chi. That would be 16. I would rather them with the last two do something different, like the Human Reptile Skin from the MK9 art book.
February 8th, 2012 2:32 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : craftycheese
1. UMK3 Sub Zero 2. UMK3 Scorpion 3. UMK3 Reptile 4. UMK3 Smoke 5. UMK3 Noob 6. UMK3 Ermac 7. UMK3 Rain 8. MK2 Sub 9. MK2 Scorpion 10. MK2 Reptile 11. MK2 Mileena 12. MK2 Skarlet I think these are most likely going to happen, as they are easier to do. And since they said that DLC will have alternates too, I'll add the other two DLC characters. 13. Maybe Deception Kenshi 14. Disco Suit Freddy. whatever That would still leave 2 more. Now since most of the characters strongly resemble their classics in either their main or alternate costumes, I don't think that they will get a classic skin. One possibility that could happen is a MK3 Cyber Smoke skin for Smoke. Another thing that could happen is a MK4 Quan Chi. That would be 16. I would rather them with the last two do something different, like the Human Reptile Skin from the MK9 art book.
I have a feeling that Rain will get a 2nd costume + UMK3 costume. Meaning 2 costumes for Rain.
February 8th, 2012 5:20 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : craftycheese
1. UMK3 Sub Zero 2. UMK3 Scorpion 3. UMK3 Reptile 4. UMK3 Smoke 5. UMK3 Noob 6. UMK3 Ermac 7. UMK3 Rain 8. MK2 Sub 9. MK2 Scorpion 10. MK2 Reptile 11. MK2 Mileena 12. MK2 Skarlet I think these are most likely going to happen, as they are easier to do. And since they said that DLC will have alternates too, I'll add the other two DLC characters. 13. Maybe Deception Kenshi 14. Disco Suit Freddy. whatever That would still leave 2 more. Now since most of the characters strongly resemble their classics in either their main or alternate costumes, I don't think that they will get a classic skin. One possibility that could happen is a MK3 Cyber Smoke skin for Smoke. Another thing that could happen is a MK4 Quan Chi. That would be 16. I would rather them with the last two do something different, like the Human Reptile Skin from the MK9 art book.
I have a slight feeling that these costumes will get released on the console versions of the game months later after they get released on the PSVita watch and mark my word
February 8th, 2012 6:17 PM CST - C-Sword
Originally Posted by : MK9Scorpion2011
I have a slight feeling that these costumes will get released on the console versions of the game months later after they get released on the PSVita watch and mark my word
Yes, they will release them on consoles the same day as MK9 for PC On February 24th from 6:00 to 9:00pm, get first hands-on with Mortal Kombat at Vita Hill Social Clubs nationwide and experience the world’s deadliest tournament in the palm of your hand! Mortal Kombat for PS Vita delivers new gameplay features and tons of new content developed exclusively for the revolutionary handheld system. Mortal Kombat features an all-new Challenge Tower II mode with 150 brand-new missions that push PS Vita’s capabilities to the max. No punches pulled! Mortal Kombat Vita brings all of the bone-breaking action from the 2011 console release for on-the-go gaming with all the warriors, including Kratos! Come and get your hands on the future of portable fighting in our special Vita Hill event. When: February 24th, 6:00 to 9:00pm local time Where: Vita Hill social clubs in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, San Francisco
February 8th, 2012 6:54 PM CST - Empress
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
The blood on the screen thing is part of a mission on the new challenge tower, don't tell me that you people actually thought you had to do that in real matches lol. The 2nd challenge tower was added to take advantage of the new features on the Vita. 2 more weeks before the Vita comes out! Get hyped!
Even so I completed the challenge tower on MK9. I don't care to do it again, or to complete a new one. So that really wouldn't effect me. Not to mention that doesn't effect playing against other players either. Is they gonna add anything useful? Like being able to play arcade tag ladder ONLINE? Like I said before the game would have to be something that could convince me to buy a game I already have a console AGAIN. Not to mention pay 250 for a portable I'm iffy about. So far there isn't a game on the vita I'm interested in since they seems to be games I plan on getting on console.
Originally Posted by : LeingodX
The Vita hasn't even come out in America yet, and it's been on the market in Japan for just about a month or so. Every handheld since the Gameboy advance has released with some kind of port of one or other console game, including the recent 3DS. In a year or so, the Vita will have more stuff to call its own.
In Japan the Vita is in a slump and I don't see it being much different when it gets released here. The thing is the Vita seems like it's being marketed the same way the PSP was which SUCKED. I don't see anything different from the PSP method so I don't see no reason to finding a vita worthy. Not to mention Nintendo had plenty of ORIGINAL games built for the 3DS ANNOUNCED before it was even released here. I figured the Vita would have done the same by now. There are plenty of games on the 3DS that were announced a head of time that is original 3DS game and aren't ports. I just don't see no reason to give into the hype. Seems like Sony is desperate to come back into the competition, but isn't going well about it.
February 8th, 2012 7:17 PM CST - Metal Overlord
If they added anything "useful" in the Vita version, then people would b*tch about it not being in the console version
February 8th, 2012 8:07 PM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
When does the PC version of Mortal Kombat come out anyway? I heard a rumor about that also that it was going to be released on the PC and the Wii as well
February 8th, 2012 8:27 PM CST - Metal Overlord
It's never coming out, C-Sword wasn't even serious when he said that
February 8th, 2012 11:19 PM CST - LeingodX
The Wii, LOL. Did you guys really believe that for even a second?
February 9th, 2012 2:01 AM CST - Empress
Originally Posted by : Metal Overlord
If they added anything "useful" in the Vita version, then people would b*tch about it not being in the console version
That's not a good reason. People b*tch either way. What is the point of putting it on the Vita? To gain more sells? Which I doubt will be much considering I doubt the Vita will sell enough to make a real profit. Or is Sony putting them up to this? Only thing I can guess on.
February 9th, 2012 2:06 AM CST - Noob+Saibot
Originally Posted by : craftycheese
1. UMK3 Sub Zero 2. UMK3 Scorpion 3. UMK3 Reptile 4. UMK3 Smoke 5. UMK3 Noob 6. UMK3 Ermac 7. UMK3 Rain 8. MK2 Sub 9. MK2 Scorpion 10. MK2 Reptile 11. MK2 Mileena 12. MK2 Skarlet I think these are most likely going to happen, as they are easier to do. And since they said that DLC will have alternates too, I'll add the other two DLC characters. 13. Maybe Deception Kenshi 14. Disco Suit Freddy. whatever That would still leave 2 more. Now since most of the characters strongly resemble their classics in either their main or alternate costumes, I don't think that they will get a classic skin. One possibility that could happen is a MK3 Cyber Smoke skin for Smoke. Another thing that could happen is a MK4 Quan Chi. That would be 16. I would rather them with the last two do something different, like the Human Reptile Skin from the MK9 art book.
That's how I see it: 1. UMK3 Sub Zero 2. UMK3 Scorpion 3. UMK3 Reptile 4. UMK3 Smoke 5. UMK3 Noob 6. UMK3 Ermac 7. UMK3 Rain 8. MK2 Sub 9. MK2 Scorpion 10. MK2 Reptile 11. MK2 Mileena 12. MK2 Skarlet 13. Skarlet alternate (probably the one we've seen when the game was hacked) 14. Kenshi alternate 15. Rain alternate 16. Freddy Krueger alternate Prize for completing new Challenge Tower: Cyber Smoke
February 9th, 2012 4:59 AM CST - LeingodX
I kinda agree with those, they sound realistic except for the Cyber Smoke part. I believe playable bosses sound a lot more plausible.
February 9th, 2012 5:39 AM CST - Metal Overlord
Originally Posted by : Noob+Saibot
Prize for completing new Challenge Tower: Cyber Smoke
Please based god, let this happen
February 9th, 2012 8:34 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Metal Overlord
It's never coming out, C-Sword wasn't even serious when he said that
Not buying it sorry
February 9th, 2012 8:49 AM CST - Empress
You're joking, right? I mean I'm sure if a PC version was being made it would have been already. A wii version? Do this even needs to be explained?
February 9th, 2012 9:18 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
I guess it would have been out by now for the PC if so many fans wanted it
February 9th, 2012 9:27 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
I wasnt looking forward to them releasing that extra content on the PSvita and I sure am not gonna waste 250 plus another 60 on something I already have
February 9th, 2012 10:07 AM CST - Noob+Saibot
Originally Posted by : MK9Scorpion2011
I guess it would have been out by now for the PC if so many fans wanted it
Many people want it. Even Boon mentioned it once.
February 9th, 2012 10:18 AM CST - C-Sword
Btw, this game is expected to be released on April 1st It's up for pre-order already http://www.ebgames.ca/vita/games/mortal-kombat/312426 I'd love to have Cyber-Smoke as the reward for completing the new challenge tower, but it will probably be the flesh pit costume for all the female ninjas (Kitana, Jade and Skarlet) lol
February 9th, 2012 10:52 AM CST - Noob+Saibot
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
Btw, this game is expected to be released on April 1st It's up for pre-order already http://www.ebgames.ca/vita/games/mortal-kombat/312426 I'd love to have Cyber-Smoke as the reward for completing the new challenge tower, but it will probably be the flesh pit costume for all the female ninjas (Kitana, Jade and Skarlet) lol
April 1st? I LOLed
February 9th, 2012 11:23 AM CST - MK9Scorpion2011
Originally Posted by : Noob+Saibot
April 1st? I LOLed
I thought it was Feb 29th
February 9th, 2012 2:00 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : Noob+Saibot
April 1st? I LOLed
Same here. April 1st is such a troll date. :rofl: "Sorry, but this game will be out in another 6 months."
February 9th, 2012 3:29 PM CST - LeingodX
I thought it was gonna be released on march. Whatever date, I'm probably getting it since I'm buying a Vita at launch anyway. BTW, flesh pit costumes for all the girls doesn't sound bad at all. Mileena kinda ruins it with her face XD
February 9th, 2012 4:38 PM CST - C-Sword
Capcom fans are mad at the company for adding new features to the Vita port of UMVC3 such as replay function and DLC sharing. ''It still pisses me off to no end that Capcom gave a replay function to Vita only and not consoles. F*ck you Capcom. Yeah, I mad.'' So NRS aren't the only ones doing this, people just can't accept that handheld versions get exclusive stuff. Grow up! Enough with the b*tching!
February 9th, 2012 5:46 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : LeingodX
BTW, flesh pit costumes for all the girls doesn't sound bad at all. Mileena kinda ruins it with her face XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97du1N7Znb0 This is EXACTLY what the game DOESN'T need.
February 9th, 2012 5:46 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
Capcom fans are mad at the company for adding new features to the Vita port of UMVC3 such as replay function and DLC sharing. ''It still pisses me off to no end that Capcom gave a replay function to Vita only and not consoles. F*ck you Capcom. Yeah, I mad.'' So NRS aren't the only ones doing this, people just can't accept that handheld versions get exclusive stuff. Grow up! Enough with the b*tching!
I'm OK with it :D ... I want the Vita version to have a lot of extra features, to make it a good value purchase :D
February 9th, 2012 6:08 PM CST - Metal Overlord
Yeah guys, let's go through 150 MORE Challenge Tower missions to get 4 MORE virtual pairs of asscheeks and nothing else beyond those Sounds like a plan to me
February 11th, 2012 2:40 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : Metal Overlord
Yeah guys, let's go through 150 MORE Challenge Tower missions to get 4 MORE virtual pairs of asscheeks and nothing else beyond those Sounds like a plan to me
I'm OK with that. But I'd really like playable bosses too...
February 11th, 2012 3:25 PM CST - Metal Overlord
I was being sarcastic, my man
February 11th, 2012 9:32 PM CST - LeingodX
I know, but I'm still OK with that. I'm kinda pervy.
February 11th, 2012 10:38 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
150 challenges for 3 strands of toilet paper
February 12th, 2012 9:30 AM CST - Metal Overlord
The 13 of the 16 costumes will probably be: 1. Skarlet alternate 2. Kenshi alternate 3. Rain alternate 4. Freddy Krueger alternate 5. UMK3 Scorpion 6. UMK3 Sub-Zero 7. UMK3 Reptile 8. UMK3 Noob Saibot 9. UMK3 Smoke 10. UMK3 Ermac 11. UMK3 Rain 12. MK2 Mileena 13. MK2 Skarlet For the last two... MK4 Quan Chi and Deception Kenshi, sound plausible, I hope at least one of those is true. A Cyber Smoke alt could happen I guess, but it really shouldn't, he should just stay as his own seperate character. UMK3 Skarlet could also happen, since Kitana, Mileena and Jade got those outfits As the Challenge Tower reward.. please don't make it more Flesh Pits costumes, NRS. Since we already unlock costumes just completing Tower missions along the way, the End Reward should be the worthy of its title. Give us non-perverted fans something actually worth going through 150 extra challenges to get. A new character, Endurance/Survival Modes, brutalities... hell, even playable bosses wouldn't be bad, even if they'd be pretty expected as an endgame reward
February 12th, 2012 10:39 AM CST - C-Sword
How will you guys react if the reward for completing the new Challenge Tower is Tremor or Cyber-Smoke?
February 12th, 2012 10:46 AM CST - Metal Overlord
Cyber Smoke? Hell yeah, he was my favorite cyborg Tremor? Hell naw, keep dat Mugen/Special Forces shit outta here
February 13th, 2012 12:28 PM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : Metal Overlord
Cyber Smoke? Hell yeah, he was my favorite cyborg Tremor? Hell naw, keep dat Mugen/Special Forces shit outta here
Yeah, dunno why there's so much fanatism around the guy. I'm cool with robosmoke though.
February 13th, 2012 3:43 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
How will you guys react if the reward for completing the new Challenge Tower is Tremor or Cyber-Smoke?
I'll choke a b!tch. Been wanting Tremor to make an appearance in an MK game ever since the rumor of him being in MK: DA. I've always wanted a ninja with earth based bowers. I would have preferred him over Frost any day. We already have Sub-Zero; No need for another ice ninja. Aside from that, I was one of the many people asking Ed on Twitter about his inclusion as DLC, and he shot it down. Putting Tremor in now would feel like a slap in the face.
February 14th, 2012 4:54 PM CST - Noob Saibot 2011
That will start a WAR!!!!! lol
February 15th, 2012 8:46 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
This is how I view it. I'm taking a good guess that everyone who is interested in this already has Mk9 for Xbox and/or Ps3. So really this would mostly be used on-the-go cause I doubt if someone who has this is at home, they are going to play it over their console version unless the console is being used by someone else. So while this is a cool idea, it's not enough for me to buy a PSP Vita.
February 16th, 2012 12:44 PM CST - Araknyd_Commander
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
This is how I view it. I'm taking a good guess that everyone who is interested in this already has Mk9 for Xbox and/or Ps3. So really this would mostly be used on-the-go cause I doubt if someone who has this is at home, they are going to play it over their console version unless the console is being used by someone else. So while this is a cool idea, it's not enough for me to buy a PSP Vita.
That's why I'm going to wait until the end of the year to see if the PSVita has more games in it's catalog, aside from MK, that I'd want.
February 16th, 2012 9:01 PM CST - C-Sword
So I got my Vita today, I'm surprised by how small the buttons and controls are, they work quite well with UMVC3, but I still prefer the psp's d-pad. I can't wait to play MK9 on this though.
February 21st, 2012 6:48 AM CST - B13-Helghast
New challenge tower, 15 new costumes (I've seen Subby's MK3 light blue masked suit in action, it's nice) and that's all I know
February 21st, 2012 7:02 AM CST - Metal Overlord
^ There's a new "Test Your" minigame, now, too, and there are actually 16 new costumes, lol even better! Oh, yeah, and the first mission of the new Challenge tower allows you to play as Shao Kahn
February 21st, 2012 7:28 AM CST - Flying Jinko
Im not quite back yet, Just thought of sharing this update I came across. New 'Test your slice' game mode revealed in an interview with Ed Boon by gametactics.com. http://blip.tv/gametactics/ed-boon-mortal-kombat-ps-vita-canadian-launch-interview-5969184
February 21st, 2012 9:51 AM CST - C-Sword
Originally Posted by : Flying Jinko
Im not quite back yet, Just thought of sharing this update I came across. New 'Test your slice' game mode revealed in an interview with Ed Boon by gametactics.com. http://blip.tv/gametactics/ed-boon-mortal-kombat-ps-vita-canadian-launch-interview-5969184
That's the one with Kenshi, he has to cut the vegetables thrown at him by Styker
February 23rd, 2012 3:11 AM CST - LeingodX
It's great that the new Vita version has some more featurettes, but it really should have one or two new characters. When I heard the Vita version of SF x Tekken had 12 exclusive characters, I kinda snapped.
February 23rd, 2012 9:07 AM CST - C-Sword
Originally Posted by : LeingodX
It's great that the new Vita version has some more featurettes, but it really should have one or two new characters. When I heard the Vita version of SF x Tekken had 12 exclusive characters, I kinda snapped.
Not exclusive characters, all 12 of them will be released as DLC's for the console versions, they'll release them after the Vita port is out.
February 23rd, 2012 9:24 AM CST - LeingodX
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
Not exclusive characters, all 12 of them will be released as DLC's for the console versions, they'll release them after the Vita port is out.
Still exclusive until that happens. I wouldn't mind if they did something like that with MK Vita.
February 23rd, 2012 12:53 PM CST - C-Sword
I used to be super hyped for this port, but now that I got my Vita and tried its awful d-pad, I'm not that excited anymore . I do hope it will play well with the analog stick.
February 23rd, 2012 2:41 PM CST - LeingodX
Didn't like the pad? I think it's pretty much OK, besides being too small, maybe.
February 23rd, 2012 4:41 PM CST - Patrick McCarron
We're going to be playing MK on the Vita tomorrow, so don't forget to send us your questions about the game in this forum thread: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/26875-Try-Mortal-Kombat-for-PlayStation-Vita-Early-this-Friday
February 23rd, 2012 5:47 PM CST - C-Sword
Originally Posted by : LeingodX
Didn't like the pad? I think it's pretty much OK, besides being too small, maybe.
Too small and too close to the left analog stick. It doesn't work very well with UMVC3.
March 3rd, 2012 9:44 AM CST - Metal Overlord
Test Your Slice is the other Test minigame
March 9th, 2012 9:31 AM CST - C-Sword
It has been confirmed, Mortal Kombat for the Vita is also banned in Australia
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK