August 23rd, 2011
10:37 AM CST -
The highly anticipated Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection finally has a release date. It will be available next week first on North American Playstation Network on Tuesday, August 30th, 2011, then the next day - August 31st, 2011 - for 800 Microsoft Points on the Xbox Live Marketplace, $9.99 for PC on Steam and globally on Playstation Network.

In addition, GameStop is offering the Mortal Kombat Klassic Fight Stick by PDP for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $129.99. The stick is identical to the build of the Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition Fightstick released earlier with Mortal Kombat (2011), with the exception of a killer classic color scheme and panel graphics reminiscent of the original Mortal Kombat 1 Arcade cabinet.

UPDATE 8/25: PDP has confirmed that the new klassic sticks will contain upgraded Cherry microswitches.

Since the full Achievements and Trophy list leaked earlier in the summer and looks pretty easy, how quick do you think you can get all of them?

Here is the official press release, which confirms that the PC version will be available as well on downloadable services like Steam as well on the 31st.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will officially be available for download in the United States on August 30, 2011. Launching on PlayStationŽNetwork for $9.99, this will mark the first time the original Mortal Kombat arcade trilogy - Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - have been brought together in a single collection. On the next day, August 31, 2011, the game will also be available globally for PSN, for Xbox Live (800 MS Points) and PC ($9.99).

Developed by Other Ocean in conjunction with NetherRealm studios, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will feature online play, leader boards, achievements and trophies, as well as offering fans the chance to play through the games in their original arcade state.


Update: Updated story with earlier release date (August 30th, 2011) on North American Playstation Network.

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



August 23rd, 2011 10:40 AM CST - MKIceVsFire
August 23rd, 2011 10:45 AM CST - TheDentedOne
I figured gamestop had close to the correct date. Wish there was some more info that would come out like menu options oranything of the sort
August 23rd, 2011 10:49 AM CST - ph4ntomlord
Sweet!! FINALLY!! I am psyched!
August 23rd, 2011 10:59 AM CST - Chopped
I've been saying for weeks that Aug 31st is the release date and that the announcement wouldn't be long after Freddy dlc. Because that's the original release date for the fight stick. Now the new release date for the fight stick according to gamestop is Aug 25th.
August 23rd, 2011 11:47 AM CST - buddthagreat
All I want is MK2...Soul Stealing and Ice Grenading all day
August 23rd, 2011 1:01 PM CST - Cyndrix
Will this game work in 16x9? Is it just a straight up emulation, or are there any extra features? Do we know anything at all about this game?
August 23rd, 2011 1:17 PM CST - Jinko
It's supposed to be close to the arcade versions as close as possible, meaning no Widescreen MK.
August 23rd, 2011 1:24 PM CST - pimppaperclip
yes the wait is over! cant wait to get it. hope i can hook up my MK9 arcade stick to this.
August 23rd, 2011 1:32 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
*Faints in happiness*
August 23rd, 2011 1:33 PM CST - Major Logan
My reaction towards the release next week:
August 23rd, 2011 2:13 PM CST - Dedamn666
cant wait for all the insane threads about balance issues and impossible AI, next to no time to perform fatalitys, ****ing up fatalitys even though your sure you've put them in right, from all the folk who have forgotten or all the new people who haven't played before. Its gonna be a blast for the older fans who havent got access or means of playing the arcade klassics, but to the newer, younger fans i doubt this will impress or hold up. I enjoy the klassics alot but i can see where people wont. Cant wait im off work all next week!!
August 23rd, 2011 2:20 PM CST - TaBB3rnackle92
I am so ****ing goddamn stoked! Im gonna be stomping some dickhole at UMK3 (Which I have never played)
August 23rd, 2011 2:31 PM CST - SabbathBLOODySabbath
UMK3 we meet again.
August 23rd, 2011 2:36 PM CST - FatalJake
final-****ing-ly this game is gonna come out, can't wait to get it
August 23rd, 2011 2:38 PM CST - Patrick McCarron
Got an update that the PC version is also coming out on the 31st and will be on Steam.
August 23rd, 2011 2:39 PM CST - TaBB3rnackle92
Originally Posted by : Patrick McCarron
Got an update that the PC version is also coming out on the 31st and will be on Steam.
WOW! Did NOT think a PC version would happen!
August 23rd, 2011 3:16 PM CST - TheKombatant
Originally Posted by : Patrick McCarron
Got an update that the PC version is also coming out on the 31st and will be on Steam.
Oh my... oh my... I was not expecting christmas on the 31th August!!
August 23rd, 2011 4:01 PM CST - blesner
Originally Posted by : Patrick McCarron
Got an update that the PC version is also coming out on the 31st and will be on Steam.
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Thank you mate I was about to cry if you said Games For Shitedows Live
Don't be silly, the PC version was announced with the Xbox and PS3 version months ago.
August 23rd, 2011 4:45 PM CST - Chopped
Originally Posted by : Patrick McCarron
Got an update that the PC version is also coming out on the 31st and will be on Steam.
Can somebody who's familiar with Steam explain to me if it's something you download and can play offline or do you have to log in every time? I tried to look on their site but couldn't understand. I haven't played a game on a computer since the first prince of persia before dial up.
August 23rd, 2011 5:12 PM CST - Jeff Greeson
Updated story with earlier release date (August 30th, 2011) on North American Playstation Network. Chopped: Steam is a game store client that you download for free and install on your computer. Then, within that application, you should be able to purchase the game and it downloads it directly to your computer. http://store.steampowered.com/about/
August 23rd, 2011 5:20 PM CST - The_Cold_Kombatant
Still upset that the HD concept was scrapped. I'd wait, if I had to, for another few years to have re-mastered versions of three of my favorite fighting games. I'll have to pass, though. I've got MK 2 on PS 3 and UMK 3 on Xbox 360.
August 23rd, 2011 5:49 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
Originally Posted by : The_Cold_Kombatant
Still upset that the HD concept was scrapped. I'd wait, if I had to, for another few years to have re-mastered versions of three of my favorite fighting games. I'll have to pass, though. I've got MK 2 on PS 3 and UMK 3 on Xbox 360.
Dude it's in HD lol
August 23rd, 2011 8:11 PM CST - Havok
alright! cant wait its my next game and my first arcade stick
August 23rd, 2011 8:17 PM CST - robwill80
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
Dude it's in HD lol
Hmm? Looks like these screenshots need posting again:
August 23rd, 2011 10:04 PM CST - Cowpokey
Saaawwweeeeeeeet! Looking forward to going back. Used to thow quarters in the original arcade machines...I can remember lines forming to play when II came out and more lines when MK3 then UMK3 hit the arcade. The console versions left some things to be desired. Hope the get a good way for Shang Tsung to morph into anyone without delay.
August 23rd, 2011 10:07 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
@Robwill I saw HD gameplay and it looked awesome. What was I watching then?
August 23rd, 2011 11:09 PM CST - SicMe
XBAND memories return in 2011. Long live MK2... -abacus
August 23rd, 2011 11:30 PM CST - craftycheese
Hope the Klassic Arcade Sticks come out Thursday, or Next Week. The earlier the better though. Can't wait to play these games and MK9 with the stick
August 24th, 2011 1:54 AM CST - THE JOHNNY ROOK
Originally Posted by : Patrick McCarron
Got an update that the PC version is also coming out on the 31st and will be on Steam.
Hmm just searched the steam store for MK but nothing yet, usually they have a pre-order option.
Originally Posted by : Chopped
Can somebody who's familiar with Steam explain to me if it's something you download and can play offline or do you have to log in every time? I tried to look on their site but couldn't understand. I haven't played a game on a computer since the first prince of persia before dial up.
You can play games on steam offline. You can actually take steam anywhere you go, and load it onto any computer. Steam is amazing.
August 24th, 2011 4:31 AM CST - ZORDON
Originally Posted by : THE JOHNNY ROOK
Hmm just searched the steam store for MK but nothing yet, usually they have a pre-order option. You can play games on steam offline. You can actually take steam anywhere you go, and load it onto any computer. Steam is amazing.
it really depends if WB puts it the DRM in the steam version...its not up to steam.
August 24th, 2011 7:42 AM CST - robwill80
Originally Posted by : Shirayuki Mizore
@Robwill I saw HD gameplay and it looked awesome. What was I watching then?
Sorry, I don't know what you were watching. The only parts of the collection that are proper HD are the outer menus and the stylised pillarboxing of the arcade games (you can see that in the above screenshots). The games themselves are upscaled from their original resolution.
August 24th, 2011 9:11 AM CST - aquamah
this will be great... but missing MK trilogy means missing rain also i dont remember there was sheeva in UMK3 !!! hmmm
August 24th, 2011 10:19 AM CST - DCR
Originally Posted by : aquamah
also i dont remember there was sheeva in UMK3 !!! hmmm
Sheeva was only taken out of the 16-bit versions due to the limited ROM size. She was always in the arcade version.
August 24th, 2011 11:52 AM CST - n9195v
Originally Posted by : Dedamn666
cant wait for all the insane threads about balance issues and impossible AI, next to no time to perform fatalitys, ****ing up fatalitys even though your sure you've put them in right, from all the folk who have forgotten or all the new people who haven't played before. Its gonna be a blast for the older fans who havent got access or means of playing the arcade klassics, but to the newer, younger fans i doubt this will impress or hold up. I enjoy the klassics alot but i can see where people wont. Cant wait im off work all next week!!
lol so true I can't wait to random select all day long in mk2 . Also i have good news NRS didn't make the online for this game so it might work =P
August 24th, 2011 2:21 PM CST - musgrave999
haha I'll be getting all those achievements the first day, cake
August 24th, 2011 2:23 PM CST - musgrave999
anyone else have all the MK2 and UMK3 shang morphs memorized? bring it allllllll day
August 24th, 2011 2:29 PM CST - TaBB3rnackle92
Originally Posted by : musgrave999
anyone else have all the MK2 and UMK3 shang morphs memorized? bring it allllllll day
Lol I never even used Shang I might start using him now though Reptile, on the other hand..... "Buy a reptile doll!!" Can not wait for that again
August 24th, 2011 2:37 PM CST - buddthagreat
Originally Posted by : musgrave999
anyone else have all the MK2 and UMK3 shang morphs memorized? bring it allllllll day
My main 3 from MK2 where Scorpion-hold bl uu Mileena-hold hp 2 secs Sub-Zero-fdf hp
August 24th, 2011 2:47 PM CST - GEO9875
YAY!!! Cant wait to play mk1 online!! i hope the netcode is not crappy.
August 24th, 2011 3:04 PM CST - Chopped
Originally Posted by : THE JOHNNY ROOK
You can play games on steam offline. You can actually take steam anywhere you go, and load it onto any computer. Steam is amazing.
Thanks. Started an account last night & purchased the Shawdow Dancer Sega package. Now I just need to sync my ps3 controller to my laptop so I can play using it. I always knew one day I'd use my bluetooth feature on my laptop. Thanks Sony!!!
August 24th, 2011 4:32 PM CST - mkfanfrever
does anybody know if it is going to have improved AI in single player mode?
August 24th, 2011 4:36 PM CST - Eks
Originally Posted by : mkfanfrever
does anybody know if it is going to have improved AI in single player mode?
They are not changing anything within the core games, so no. They are JUST ports of the old arcade games. All they've added are the menus to access the games and online play. And yeah, this is ecumenically awesome.
August 24th, 2011 8:55 PM CST - squirrelpion
i can't wait to play this master piece! the fight stick is still out of my reach i wonder if they will have king of the hill?
August 24th, 2011 9:25 PM CST - jbell0129
freaking awesome
August 25th, 2011 2:36 AM CST - the_sim
Wow, gonna get the Arcade stick today if they have it, and the games next week! Been itching to play the old MK's!
August 25th, 2011 2:42 AM CST - craftycheese
Originally Posted by : the_sim
Wow, gonna get the Arcade stick today if they have it, and the games next week! Been itching to play the old MK's!
just got an email from pdp saying that the stick ships the 29th for the ps3 and the 30th for the xbox. They also updated their page for the stick. Here's the link http://www.pdp.com/p-1013-mortal-kombat-klassic-fight-stick-for-ps3.aspx I'm still going to go to gamestop tomorrow, err today I guess, and see if they have them. I haven't received any call about it though, I preordered two of them.
August 25th, 2011 3:12 AM CST - Empress
Can't wait for the arcade version of MK1 now!
August 25th, 2011 5:50 AM CST - the_sim
I'm hoping the arcade stick makes MK vs DCU much easier.
August 25th, 2011 5:58 AM CST - Cowpokey
Originally Posted by : craftycheese
just got an email from pdp saying that the stick ships the 29th for the ps3 and the 30th for the xbox. They also updated their page for the stick. Here's the link [URL]http://www.pdp.com/p-1013-mortal-kombat-klassic-fight-stick-for-ps3.aspx[/URL] I'm still going to go to gamestop tomorrow, err today I guess, and see if they have them. I haven't received any call about it though, I preordered two of them.
I already have two of the pdp* MK fight sticks, the graphics don't matter...but they are just like the arcade cabinets as far as the stick and button function/feel.
August 25th, 2011 12:09 PM CST - kingbigums
it say on gamestops website tthat the fight sticks comes out today hopefully its correct
August 25th, 2011 12:12 PM CST - kingbigums
that would be so bagels if the fight stick came out today
August 25th, 2011 12:15 PM CST - craftycheese
Originally Posted by : kingbigums
that would be so bagels if the fight stick came out today
I'm gonna check after I get my haircut. I'll let ya'll know if they do or don't Edit: nope, told me the 30th.
August 25th, 2011 2:33 PM CST - kingbigums
all man well thanks for checking bro
August 25th, 2011 4:34 PM CST - C-Sword
I don't think they will include a practice mode I was playing UMK3 on emulator and couldn't even win a single match, the AI was just extreme, I don't remember those old games being that difficult. MK2's Shao Kahn is much stronger than MK9's Shao Kahn.
August 25th, 2011 4:49 PM CST - pimppaperclip
thank god i'm able to hook up my MK9 stick to this. don't wanna pay another $100 for the same thing with a different design and for different games
August 25th, 2011 6:38 PM CST - mkfanfrever
Thanks for the info Eks. Man I am a little pissed it's just strait Arcade ports. These came with Deception, Armageddon, and Sholin Monks. I will admit it will be cool to play Mk3 online though. That might be worth the price alone.
August 25th, 2011 6:41 PM CST - craftycheese
Originally Posted by : C-Sword
I don't think they will include a practice mode I was playing UMK3 on emulator and couldn't even win a single match, the AI was just extreme, I don't remember those old games being that difficult. MK2's Shao Kahn is much stronger than MK9's Shao Kahn.
I remember them being hard. I could never play this game above medium difficulty as a kid, barely at medium. I would get soooooooooooo frustrated and mad at this game. I will always hate Mileena, she was the only regular character that gave me fits, and never look forward to that Kintaro fight in MK2. O the memories of me being pissed off at this game. Can't wait to relive that all over again, at least there is online.
August 25th, 2011 7:57 PM CST - C-Sword
Originally Posted by : craftycheese
I remember them being hard. I could never play this game above medium difficulty as a kid, barely at medium. I would get soooooooooooo frustrated and mad at this game. I will always hate Mileena, she was the only regular character that gave me fits, and never look forward to that Kintaro fight in MK2. O the memories of me being pissed off at this game. Can't wait to relive that all over again, at least there is online.
I was 9 years old when MK2 came out, my aunt had promised me a gift, I was actually going to buy a Power Rangers game, but they didn't have it in stock, then I saw MK2 for Genesis, I had the first one, so I was like I might get as well get the sequel too, the game was like $80. I could only beat Kintaro with Sub-Zero, I remember Mileena always throwing her daggers in the air and she used to german suplex me when I was crouching.
August 25th, 2011 9:24 PM CST - GEO9875
I hope this game has some kinda sprite filter that helps the sprites look better, like this: Original http://i54.tinypic.com/641grn.png HD Filtered http://i53.tinypic.com/5kehk8.png
August 25th, 2011 9:33 PM CST - the_sim
Well, the sticks apparently arrive in stores tomorrow... somehow I was thinking today.
August 25th, 2011 10:55 PM CST - craftycheese
Originally Posted by : the_sim
Well, the sticks apparently arrive in stores tomorrow... somehow I was thinking today.
Where'd you get this information?
August 25th, 2011 11:23 PM CST - kingbigums
Originally Posted by : craftycheese
Where'd you get this information?
its says on Gamestops website that it is coming out today
August 25th, 2011 11:41 PM CST - craftycheese
Originally Posted by : kingbigums
its says on Gamestops website that it is coming out today
all I know is what the email told me and what the guys at gamestop told me.
August 26th, 2011 5:34 AM CST - the_sim
Originally Posted by : craftycheese
Where'd you get this information?
I went to a store... they told me it releases the 26th, even though I could have swore Gamestop.com said the 25th.
August 26th, 2011 7:58 AM CST - saix88
So somebody needs to go to gamestop and respond in an hour!
August 26th, 2011 9:25 AM CST - Jeff Greeson
FYI, the stick does not have a latch and hinge feature like the Tournament Edition MK9 stick. There are at least 6 screws to get into the cabinet.
August 26th, 2011 9:48 AM CST - craftycheese
Originally Posted by : saix88
So somebody needs to go to gamestop and respond in an hour!
I did that yesterday and they told me the 30th
August 26th, 2011 1:55 PM CST - the_sim
WTF... Gamestop.com now says 9/5/2011!
August 29th, 2011 9:31 PM CST - ph4ntomlord
Tomorrow's the day ps3 users!! I am so excited to finally have this kollection!!
August 29th, 2011 9:32 PM CST - Shirayuki Mizore
Oh snap. I DON'T HAVE MSP!!!!
August 29th, 2011 10:08 PM CST - Eks
Is Gamestop doing a midnight launch by any chance?
August 30th, 2011 12:49 AM CST - TaBB3rnackle92
Soon... Soon The Kollection will be mine... ALL MINE!! Lol I can't wait! Hurry up and show up on PSN, DAMNIT!!!!
August 30th, 2011 1:24 AM CST - kingbigums
i checked gamestops website now it say ships in 24hours instead of a release sate
August 30th, 2011 9:22 AM CST - BootlegZani
This is the most confusing GameStop purchase in recent memory. Originally it had a release date of August 30th. Then a week or two before that date I check the website and then it is slated for an August 25th release. I go to a store and inquire and they can't find anything about it and aren't even taking pre-orders. Check the website a few days later and the release date is back to August 30th. A day or two later it is showing Sept 5th. Then on August 29th it acts like it is in stock and will ship in 24 hours. GameStop stores still do not have this product and don't even see it in their system.
August 30th, 2011 9:38 AM CST - ph4ntomlord
Originally Posted by : TaBB3rnackle92
Soon... Soon The Kollection will be mine... ALL MINE!! Lol I can't wait! Hurry up and show up on PSN, DAMNIT!!!!
LOL! I know the feeling! I keep checking too!!
August 30th, 2011 9:40 AM CST - TaBB3rnackle92
Originally Posted by : ph4ntomlord
LOL! I know the feeling! I keep checking too!!
I've gone thru half a pack of smokes just pacing back in forth in anticipation I hope it's soon.. can't wait to toasty everyone in MK1
August 30th, 2011 9:44 AM CST - ph4ntomlord
Originally Posted by : TaBB3rnackle92
I've gone thru half a pack of smokes just pacing back in forth in anticipation I hope it's soon.. can't wait to toasty everyone in MK1
Dude that's funny, I had to run to the store to grab more smokes cuz I smoked the rest of mine this morning....LOL Oh the butterflies I tell ya!! I feel like a little kid on Xmas morning!
August 30th, 2011 9:47 AM CST - TaBB3rnackle92
Originally Posted by : ph4ntomlord
Dude that's funny, I had to run to the store to grab more smokes cuz I smoked the rest of mine this morning....LOL Oh the butterflies I tell ya!! I feel like a little kid on Xmas morning!
Haha omg same here. I can't wait!!! (times 1,000,000) I think I'm going to devote a year straight to this I really just can't believe it's almost here!!
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK